Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 98
  1. #21
    Community Member DogMania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Dover ,England
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Well its obvious they waited for Mabar to finish 1st as if they had done this during Mabar and then shortened the duration like they did you guys would have quit again like you do every problem

  2. #22
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Exploit? I doubt it, last one ran weeks or even months. That could've waited till the new year.
    They would have fixed that given they would have found it earlier and would have been able to fix it. There are exploits running for at least since I first put my foot into DDO, and they have never been fixed. And there have been fixes nobody talks about (doors only unlockable by keys and not by rogue or arty. and stuff like that) that had been actively working for eons. Exploit fixes are damn fast once they find out about what bugs there.

    On the other side, I only say "ladders" now. Shall I really give them a bug report for any ladder there is in game? I meanwhile am sure i had the ladder bug on at least 90% of ladders that are in the game. I prefer to runb ALL the qursts with my TRs so there is a helluva good chance to get problems with any ladder there is once in a while. And so far there had been no clear picture on when a ladder bugs out, except when I jump to the ladder - then I have a felt 30/70 it will bug out and I have to press space bar and go again.

    Well, we all know that hotfixes usually give fixes for quests that are unplayable (and Mabar oficially ended and so far I have not heard of anything else being totally broken) or fix exploits. So this time I think its an easy bank to put money on "hotfix to fix an exploit".

  3. #23
    Community Member DogMania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Dover ,England
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaniir76 View Post
    They gave us a whole 60 minutes worth of notice! Be thankful for what ya get.
    Actualy it was 1 and 1/2 hours as per a previous post

  4. #24
    Community Member merridyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Hotfix!

    Release notes:

    XP stones are now BTC

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brzytki View Post
    What? We have an accurate in-game World Broadcast messages system.
    Oh wait, i've just seen those messages pop up in this order:
    1) closed in 60 min
    2) closed in 45 min
    3) closed in 60 min (!!)
    4) closed in 45 min (!!)
    5) closed in 30 min


    Maybe it's a timer bug they are fixing???
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFPAQ View Post
    It's my birthday too!
    Happy birthday!!!
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

  7. #27
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    They would have fixed that given they would have found it earlier and would have been able to fix it. There are exploits running for at least since I first put my foot into DDO, and they have never been fixed. And there have been fixes nobody talks about (doors only unlockable by keys and not by rogue or arty. and stuff like that) that had been actively working for eons. Exploit fixes are damn fast once they find out about what bugs there.

    On the other side, I only say "ladders" now. Shall I really give them a bug report for any ladder there is in game? I meanwhile am sure i had the ladder bug on at least 90% of ladders that are in the game. I prefer to runb ALL the qursts with my TRs so there is a helluva good chance to get problems with any ladder there is once in a while. And so far there had been no clear picture on when a ladder bugs out, except when I jump to the ladder - then I have a felt 30/70 it will bug out and I have to press space bar and go again.

    Well, we all know that hotfixes usually give fixes for quests that are unplayable (and Mabar oficially ended and so far I have not heard of anything else being totally broken) or fix exploits. So this time I think its an easy bank to put money on "hotfix to fix an exploit".
    And sometimes exploits have been reported on Lama only to go live and not be fixed for weeks.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,678

    Talking Happy Birthday

    Quote Originally Posted by Opensezame View Post
    Not to mention it's my birthday!!!
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  9. #29
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    Actualy it was 1 and 1/2 hours as per a previous post
    That'd be assuming the time between the first three announcements was indeed 15 minutes each time.
    It was more around 5 minutes. So 1 hour 10 minutes...

    But that's details. It's still too short a notice to plan days off.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    28

    Post

    I do not think this maintenance was 'scheduled in advance' just that they brought the server down themselves. If it is short notice and unannounced then its probably to fix a bug or exploit
    It could be just to repair or optimise the servers after the stress from Mabar.
    But then I think they are just messing with my head. Offering me the anticipation of some +2 loot and then closing the server just after I pop a Huge Jewel of Fortune.

  11. #31
    Community Member Billybobml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default

    At least you are getting +2 loot during this downtime!

    Here's to hoping this Friday hotfix goes better than the last!
    Dervissh ~ Derrvold ~ Dervealer ~ Dervace ~ Dervedic ~ Dervard

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    Hotfix!

    Release notes:

    XP stones are now BTC
    Ugh...while I'm aware of the reasoning behind this and I quite frankly agree with the move (and the fact the move was done without warning) I'm feeling a tad silly right now about my bank toon that's holding about 120k worth of gold xp stones because they were BTA. Again, I understand that Turbine's hand was forced...I just have a bit of a sad. Guess I'll need to TR+20 that toon and do something with it now.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

  13. #33
    Community Member merridyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Ugh...while I'm aware of the reasoning behind this and I quite frankly agree with the move (and the fact the move was done without warning) I'm feeling a tad silly right now about my bank toon that's holding about 120k worth of gold xp stones because they were BTA. Again, I understand that Turbine's hand was forced...I just have a bit of a sad. Guess I'll need to TR+20 that toon and do something with it now.
    Making them BTC is the easy fix. What they actually need to do is code it properly and leave them BTA. I suspect this will have the same fate as FoS last post about the epic flameward recipe for the stone of change ~ "Someday maybe but not likely".

  14. #34
    Community Member Antheia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Umm, right, so what's so important that it has to be EU prime time, on a friday night, and with a whole hour's worth of notice?
    Hmm, looks like Europe is an exploit, gj Turbine, you dont care Eu players

  15. #35
    Community Member PNellesen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    Hotfix!

    Release notes:

    XP stones are now BTC
    Assuming this is true (source? - I didn't see it anywhere, but my search-fu is weak. I have no trouble believing it though) my question becomes:

    They can retroactively make XP stones BtC in a hotfix, but they can't make signets or +5 tomes BtA as compensation for shutting down Mabar early?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

  16. #36
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antheia View Post
    Hmm, looks like Europe is an exploit, gj Turbine, you dont care Eu players
    No, they don't, but this is a minor incident in that long saga.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    Making them BTC is the easy fix. What they actually need to do is code it properly and leave them BTA. I suspect this will have the same fate as FoS last post about the epic flameward recipe for the stone of change ~ "Someday maybe but not likely".
    Yeah, it's only 120k of xp. I'd rather just use the +20 heart on this toon (as it's a bank toon I wasn't likely to ever use it anyway), make something weird that sounds fun, and chomp down on the 120kxp to get a bit past the level 7 it's sitting at right now. Not going to wait for Turbine to actually fix the underlying problem and turn these back BTA like they should be.

    And truth be told I was always hesitant to use them because I was hoarding them. I'm not sure what I was waiting for but from now on I'll just log in to whatever toon I'm leveling at the time for my gold rolls.

    Thinking further about this though I did pay for a few of those gold rolls specifically to start saving up stones BECAUSE they were BTA. A refund on those AS's does seem appropriate given that I no longer have what I paid to get.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

  18. #38
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    They would have fixed that given they would have found it earlier and would have been able to fix it. There are exploits running for at least since I first put my foot into DDO, and they have never been fixed. And there have been fixes nobody talks about (doors only unlockable by keys and not by rogue or arty. and stuff like that) that had been actively working for eons. Exploit fixes are damn fast once they find out about what bugs there.
    The last 5 significant exploits that I heard about took several months each to fix. I'm surprised and impressed that they fixed this one so very quickly and did so in a way that probably won't break other things.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  19. #39
    Community Member twigzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Ugh...while I'm aware of the reasoning behind this and I quite frankly agree with the move (and the fact the move was done without warning) I'm feeling a tad silly right now about my bank toon that's holding about 120k worth of gold xp stones because they were BTA. Again, I understand that Turbine's hand was forced...I just have a bit of a sad. Guess I'll need to TR+20 that toon and do something with it now.
    Ahhh ****! I'm in the same boat.

  20. #40
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Ugh...while I'm aware of the reasoning behind this and I quite frankly agree with the move (and the fact the move was done without warning) I'm feeling a tad silly right now about my bank toon that's holding about 120k worth of gold xp stones because they were BTA. Again, I understand that Turbine's hand was forced...I just have a bit of a sad. Guess I'll need to TR+20 that toon and do something with it now.
    So there was a xp stone dupping this time...
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload