Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Support the Turbine-Powered Moustaches this Movember!

We're raising awareness about men's health issues, and raising money for some good causes! The Turbine-Powered Moustaches are supporting this month-long effort, and we would love your help!

What is Movember? From the official Movember page FAQ:

Movember is the month formerly known as November, where men and women across the globe join together to raise awareness and funds for men’s health. Men grow and women support a Mo (moustache) for 30 days becoming walking, talking billboards. Movember supports world-class men’s health programs that combat prostate and testicular cancer.

Men who support Movember, called Mo Bros, start by registering at Movember.com. Mo Bros start Movember 1st clean-shaven, then grow and groom their Mo, for the rest of the month, raising money along the way. Women who support Movember, called MO SISTAS, also start by registering at Movember.com. MO SISTAS champion the Mo by registering and supporting the Mo Bros in their life, spreading the important message of men’s health, leading a team and organizing events.
    If you are interested in helping to support this effort, please consider donating as little or as much as you are willing to; even a couple of bucks can make a big difference! You can click here to donate to the Turbine-Powered Moustaches as a team, or click here to support me (the money I raise goes into the pool for the team.)

You can find out more about Movember's financials, and specifics about where the money goes, here.

UPDATE 11/4/13: Now - with encouragements to donate!

Individual Incentives:

$50 - Custom Forum Title*
    $75 - Kill Cordovan in your preferred PvP pit!
    $100 - Custom Forum Avatar*
    $150 - Winter Wolf Pup
    $200 - Cordovan will lead or run a nekkid Tempest Spine group for you and your friends, using a non-admin standard character, on your server!
    $250 - Get a never-before-released Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion! Be among the earliest to get this Creature Companion!

Group Incentives***:

$250 - Cordovan will award five 250 Turbine Point codes to randomly-selected donors* ACHIEVED! 11/5/13 - You all rock!
    $500 - Cordovan will award ten 250 Turbine Point codes to randomly-selected donors** ACHIEVED 11/6/13 - We're on a roll!
    $1000 - Cordovan will award ten 500 Turbine Point codes to randomly-selected donors** ACHIEVED 11/9/13 - Thank you!
    $1500 - Cordovan will award twenty Winter Wolf Pup Creature Companions to randomly-selected donors** ACHIEVED 11/15/13 - Incredible!
    $2000 - Cordovan will award twenty Snowy Owlbear Creature Companions to randomly-selected donors** ACHIEVED 11/26/13 - We did it! Thank you.

Stretch goals:

$2500 - A series of moustache-related forum avatars will be made that will only be available to people who donate to the Movember campaign. ACHIEVED 12/1/13 - Wow! Stretch goal met! Thank you!
    $3000 - ????

NOTES: Prizes are cumulative, so an individual who donates $100 would receive the custom forum title, the ability to kill Cordovan in a preferred PvP pit, and a Custom Forum Avatar.

*Forum Titles and Avatars must follow the Community Guidelines, and be appropriate. The definition of "Appropriate" will be determined by the DDO Community Team. The title and avatar must also meet the requirements for the web site, so long titles may not be possible. For avatars, the donor can either send Cordovan the image to be used, or the Community Team can attempt to locate the desired image. All avatar creation and title work will be done in off-work hours, so please be patient.

**Cordovan will do his best to award the prize, so please make sure that you are able to be contacted if you wish to receive a prize. If you prefer to donate to the Turbine-Powered Moustaches team as a whole, please send Cordovan a forum PM to let him know that you donated to the team and would be interested in being entered for the drawings.

***Group incentives will be based on milestones taken from Cordovan's individual Movember page, along with donations made to the Turbine-Powered Moustaches page that are meant to be part of the "DDO pool". If you donate to the group, rather than Cordovan individually, please PM Cordovan through the forums here to make your donation count toward the group incentives (and to help him award you the individual incentives.)
    Last edited by Cordovan; 12-01-2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Stretch Goal Achieved!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We're raising awareness about men's health issues, and raising money for some good causes! The Turbine-Powered Moustaches are supporting this month-long effort, and we would love your help!

What is Movember? From the official Movember page FAQ:

If you are interested in helping to support this effort, please consider donating as little or as much as you are willing to; even a couple of bucks can make a big difference! You can click here to donate to the Turbine-Powered Moustaches as a team, or click here to support me (the money I raise goes into the pool for the team.)

You can find out more about Movember's financials, and specifics about where the money goes, here.
    You had cosmetic ribbons to raise awareness, is there any plan to add cosmetic moustances to DDO?

I ask this in particular because my Warforged Sorcerer would dearly love to have a Tom Selleck moustache. As a player, I don't particularly want him to have it, but he has told me repeatedly that he does want a moustache and who am I to deny him that simple pleasure?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I ask this in particular because my Warforged Sorcerer would dearly love to have a Tom Selleck moustache. As a player, I don't particularly want him to have it, but he has told me repeatedly that he does want a moustache and who am I to deny him that simple pleasure?
    Be careful, you step upon a slippery slope! The moustache is a test, next he's gonna want piercings, tattoos, pale purple wigs with My Little Ponies prancing in it, and those awful half jean half sweatpants things.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I remember the previous chararity drive. DDO had a team and LOTRO had a team.

With rewards for those that donated depending on how much, and for their game in general if certain amounts were raised.

Do we have that happening again? I know that took T a lot of time to go through and do.

Community Member

Thumbs up Mo-Forged

You had cosmetic ribbons to raise awareness, is there any plan to add cosmetic moustances to DDO?

Great idea! I would love that on mine too! Special cosmetic moustaches to support Movember

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Be careful, you step upon a slippery slope! The moustache is a test, next he's gonna want piercings, tattoos, pale purple wigs with My Little Ponies prancing in it, and those awful half jean half sweatpants things.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

I'd love a purple wig party spanking Harry.

You inspired me to create a new avatar for the month.
    Join us on Twitch!

And then I noticed the thing ...

Ha ha ha definitely have to either add it in WF character creation or as a cosmetic !!!
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Brilliant!
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Love it! He'd look even better with a top hat with a white stripe.

Sorry, but after a few hours of playing DDO right now, I don't have any hair left as I pull it all out in frustration due to bugs, bugs, lag and bugs.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Community Member

We're raising awareness about men's health issues, and raising money for some good causes!
    Thank you for raising awareness about my dangerously high blood pressure. I hope you raise enough money to cure it... by fixing any bug thats not directly related to your bottom line. Not to mention by developing quests and loot that's actually worth paying for. Oh my bad, apparently i mentioned it. My bad.

UPDATE 11/4/13: Now - with encouragements to donate!

Individual Incentives:

$50 - Custom Forum Title*
    $75 - Kill Cordovan in your preferred PvP pit!
    $100 - Custom Forum Avatar*
    $150 - Winter Wolf Pup
    $200 - Cordovan will lead or run a nekkid Tempest Spine group for you and your friends, using a non-admin standard character, on your server!
    $250 - Get a never-before-released Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion! Be among the earliest to get this Creature Companion!

Group Incentives***:

$250 - Cordovan will award five 250 Turbine Point codes to randomly-selected donors**
    $500 - Cordovan will award ten 250 Turbine Point codes to randomly-selected donors**
    $1000 - Cordovan will award ten 500 Turbine Point codes to randomly-selected donors**
    $1500 - Cordovan will award twenty Winter Wolf Pup Creature Companions to randomly-selected donors**
    $2000 - Cordovan will award twenty Snowy Owlbear Creature Companions to randomly-selected donors**

NOTES:

• Prizes are cumulative, so an individual who donates $100 would receive the custom forum title, the ability to kill Cordovan in a preferred PvP pit, and a Custom Forum Avatar.
    • The Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion is intended to become available through other means in the future, predominantly through Community-focused contests and events. However, we guarantee that this Creature Companion will not be offered through other means before December 10th, 2013 at the very least!

*Forum Titles and Avatars must follow the Community Guidelines, and be appropriate. The definition of "Appropriate" will be determined by the DDO Community Team. The title and avatar must also meet the requirements for the web site, so long titles may not be possible. For avatars, the donor can either send Cordovan the image to be used, or the Community Team can attempt to locate the desired image. All avatar creation and title work will be done in off-work hours, so please be patient.

**Cordovan will do his best to award the prize, so please make sure that you are able to be contacted if you wish to receive a prize. If you prefer to donate to the Turbine-Powered Moustaches team as a whole, please send Cordovan a forum PM to let him know that you donated to the team and would be interested in being entered for the drawings.

***Group incentives will be based on milestones taken from Cordovan's individual Movember page, along with donations made to the Turbine-Powered Moustaches page that are meant to be part of the "DDO pool". If you donate to the group, rather than Cordovan individually, please PM Cordovan through the forums here to make your donation count toward the group incentives (and to help him award you the individual incentives.)
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by -Sikra- View Post
    Thank you for raising awareness about my dangerously high blood pressure. I hope you raise enough money to cure it... by fixing any bug thats not directly related to your bottom line. Not to mention by developing quests and loot that's actually worth paying for. Oh my bad, apparently i mentioned it. My bad.
    Wow....be a jerk much? Guy is trying to do something nice that affects people in real life and you complain about game stuff?
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Wow....be a jerk much? Guy is trying to do something nice that affects people in real life and you complain about game stuff?
    You HAVE seen the offerings of more than half of these people. You can't possibly be surprised. I was more flabbergasted that it took so long before the snide comments started.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    You HAVE seen the offerings of more than half of these people. You can't possibly be surprised. I was more flabbergasted that it took so long before the snide comments started.
    Not surprised, just disgusted. I mean, yeah, the game has bugs, who cares, there are a million posts talking about that. Guy is doing a fundraiser for a good cause, and of course, someone has to be a d-b.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by -Sikra- View Post
    I personally cannot fix all of DDO's bugs, but I hear that a Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion's cuteness can lower blood pressure. Also, I'm willing to be your virtual punching bag in a PvP pit, so that might reduce stress.
    Join us on Twitch!

Oh, and here's a pic of the Winter Wolf Pup, for those who haven't seen it:

Join us on Twitch!

Most of my spare change had went to Rick's Kids on the other side of the room, but scrounged up a little extra to throw in yur pot, Jerry.

Now about that green & pink beard...
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

I personally cannot fix all of DDO's bugs, but I hear that a Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion's cuteness can lower blood pressure. Also, I'm willing to be your virtual punching bag in a PvP pit, so that might reduce stress.
    But, I managed to kill you on at least two occasions, already. Mind you, you were following the barbarian and I in no way directly killed you...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast