Thread: Qstaff Builds

Question Qstaff Builds

I Want a Trapper that's fun to play ie. lost of damage and not necessarily limited by sneak attack, Has good self healing and survivability and if possible a strong monk splash, because i love monks, but i don't want to lose trapping capability so i need help. I have access to all packs, the character will be 8th life but im not a hoarder so i don't have much in the way of gear and i have eaten a +5 supreme tome.
    We have Caused the Death of an Entire Race, Complete Distruction of an Ancent Civilazation, and Sown Discored in the Masses of the World, And we have only just begun

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZicronBringerOfFear View Post
    I Want a Trapper that's fun to play ie. lost of damage and not necessarily limited by sneak attack, Has good self healing and survivability and if possible a strong monk splash, because i love monks, but i don't want to lose trapping capability so i need help. I have access to all packs, the character will be 8th life but im not a hoarder so i don't have much in the way of gear and i have eaten a +5 supreme tome.
    13 rogue/6 monk/1 druid

Feats of note PA, Clv, GClv, THF, iTHF, gTHF, iCrit Bludgeoning, Master of Forms, Empower Healing, Improved Evasion, and Opportunist. Non-human would have one more feat, humans 2 more, and you would have to ensure that you took the monk levels at spots you can take PA and THF unless you're willing to burn two feats on other monk feats (as PA and THF are the only two feats in the list that fit as martial arts feats).

Stat-wise I'd probably just go full-out str-based with enough int for whatever skills you're looking to take and 6 build-points to con. Race doesn't matter - whatever you'd enjoy though humans get that extra feat as well as double-boosts for damage and extra healing amp. It's a pretty simple build and it fits to what you're looking to do.

EDIT: Looks like if you want to take rogue at level 1 and save your epic levels for epic feats Human is required. Non-humans would have to take monk at level 1 so they can take PA as a monk feat. They need Cleave, Great Cleave, iTHF, gTHF, iCrit, Master of Forms, and Empower Healing on non-monk feat slots - that's all 7 non-monk feats - so you can't afford as a non-monk to take PA or THF on a non-monk level. Humans are fine - they can take rogue at 1 and take PA and Cleave both and then add in two other monk-only feats or take monk at level 1 if they're interested in taking a dragonmark instead.

EDIT2: If you give me an idea about what in here appeals to you/doesn't I'd be happy to toss this into the builder for you.
    Last edited by Darkrok; 11-01-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

I'm a returning player and am back using a character that I believe was initiated by Darkrok. For good self healing and survivability think about a halfpint with DM's and splash 1 wiz for max and empower. there's a few other 1 splashes that would also work quite well

Community Member

Also just noticed you had 8 pl's...what are they?
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

in this order my past lives were

Monk12/ Fighter8
    Rouge20
    Monk2/ Paladin18
    Ranger12/Barb6/Fighter2
    Sorcerer20
    Monk20
    Ranger20
    Like i said this next one will be my 8th life
    We have Caused the Death of an Entire Race, Complete Distruction of an Ancent Civilazation, and Sown Discored in the Masses of the World, And we have only just begun

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    13 rogue/6 monk/1 druid

Feats of note PA, Clv, GClv, THF, iTHF, gTHF, iCrit Bludgeoning, Master of Forms, Empower Healing, Improved Evasion, and Opportunist. Non-human would have one more feat, humans 2 more, and you would have to ensure that you took the monk levels at spots you can take PA and THF unless you're willing to burn two feats on other monk feats (as PA and THF are the only two feats in the list that fit as martial arts feats).
    ok so i dont want GMOF as well? and so far this build you said is looking fun

Community Member

ok so i dont want GMOF as well? and so far this build you said is looking fun
    GMoF's is nice but you can get away without it. You'll likely be in earth stance and that's just 1 more con and a touch more prr.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    GMoF's is nice but you can get away without it. You'll likely be in earth stance and that's just 1 more con and a touch more prr.
    Why Earth Stance? why not wind for attack speed

Why Earth Stance? why not wind for attack speed
    Assumes you are hasted all of the time such that all you get from wind stance is 7.5% doublestrike at master of forms where the list stopped above vs. an extra crit multiplier on rolls of 19-20 ie. 10% more damage vs. 7.5% more (in simplest terms)......plus you get PRR which at endgame is very important.

Honestly from the build above I would actually go 15/5 Mo/Ro or 12/5/3 Mo/Ro/Druid or Mo/Ro/Cleric - only need 5 rogue for maxing out the acrobat line add in henshin and from druid its mostly shileghliegh (sp?).....option to cleric is for more self healing as you get 75% bonus to wand/scroll - plus some more PRR from the warpriest line.

Oh and consider Horc for the THF and PA bonuses
    Last edited by Spoonwelder; 11-02-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More