Community Member
    i live in silver spring maryland la di da

Default Turbine!!!! you owe us all +5 tomes .

This is insane Im so unsatisfied with this joke of a mabar festival. 5 failed runs today due to lag. LAG!!!!. You owe us +5 tomes per toon who has not gotten a tome from the mabar. I mean is lag what your are using to prevent us from getting +5 tomes. Joking aside im super ticked off. Im 1 signet away from a freaking tome and all day today none of my toons can get a freaking signet due to lag. Oh well guess I have to wait til next year right?. Im so so so so so so so so so SO SO SO SO SO NOT happy with you at all..

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Sorry for your pain.

Today I have had nothing but successful runs.

For me, today I was mostly in i2049. I have not done a calculation, but my success rate has been 80% plus is my guess.

Early on I had most of my fails, but during the week, lots of success. My level 20s and higher all failed over the weekend, I gave up on them but then did them during the week and got the +5 tomes.

That could mean the weekends is when more players are on and crushing the servers though.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Sorry for your loss....I know how you feel...I was only able to get 6 of my toons +5 tomes, instead of all 15 of them...oh well, I used the last of my signets to stock up on augments!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by exrick View Post
    This is insane Im so unsatisfied with this joke of a mabar festival. 5 failed runs today due to lag. LAG!!!!. You owe us +5 tomes per toon who has not gotten a tome from the mabar. I mean is lag what your are using to prevent us from getting +5 tomes. Joking aside im super ticked off. Im 1 signet away from a freaking tome and all day today none of my toons can get a freaking signet due to lag. Oh well guess I have to wait til next year right?. Im so so so so so so so so so SO SO SO SO SO NOT happy with you at all..
    Sucks to be you -- but you don't deserve a free handout. Excuses/stories aside, if you wanted the 1 tome per toon, you would have gotten it done.

They dont us any tomes but they shouldnt bring back that boring lag fest ever again all it does is lag my entire game and I am not the only one.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member
    i live in silver spring maryland la di da

Quote Originally Posted by Lubed View Post
    Sucks to be you -- but you don't deserve a free handout. Excuses/stories aside, if you wanted the 1 tome per toon, you would have gotten it done.
    You maybe right but this is how I feel becasuse out of my 24 active toons i only manage to get 3 +5 tomes over the time of when mabar started. 2 fails were not enough people in the instance and the other 24 fails were due to lag. Im the kind of person that keeps trying no matter what just to see a change. and because of this lag issue 6 of my toons has 1 to 2 signets. not enough to get the tome. This isnt just me on this thougth.About 30-65% of us didnt get as much tomes due to a faulty product. All I did this whole week was farming mabar and all I got to show for it was 3 +5 tomes and a bad taste in my mouth.It was like shoveling a grave with a spoon. And I can see that asking to shell out +5 tomes per toon is asking too much. But if turbine or someone else have an idea or suggestion. Then please toss it on this post. To be honest Im 50% over it. Life goes on. Im about to log on to see what quests I can do. So ty for the sympathies and understandings. I just wish that there was more time to do more mabar.

It was an optional event with a well known history of problems. Caveat emptor, in my opinion.

They owe us nothing except a functional event that has it's litany of problems fixed and resolved if they ever decide to trot it out of the barn again.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    It was an optional event with a well known history of problems. Caveat emptor, in my opinion.

They owe us nothing except a functional event that has it's litany of problems fixed and resolved if they ever decide to trot it out of the barn again.
    agreed
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Now a dev who has also DM experience, in the ever so popular "corrupt a wish" fashion, should make it rain +5 skill tomes of swim in deleras graveyard every hour on the hour for a week.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

You're right. Lag was kind of crazy, but as for owing us +5 tomes for an optional event.... idk.

However, they are closing it down early for this as well, and thus may mean a possible fix in the future. And who knows? We might see it back around Thanksgiving.

I know it's hard for some doomsayers to stay positive and optimistic, but try it once in a while. It wouldn't hurt to give turbine a benefit of a doubt from time to time.

I know, "believe it when I see it". but hey, stop believing and have a little faith.

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Now a dev who has also DM experience, in the ever so popular "corrupt a wish" fashion, should make it rain +5 skill tomes of swim in deleras graveyard every hour on the hour for a week.
    It's free? I'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Culver.Civello View Post
    However, they are closing it down early for this as well, and thus may mean a possible fix in the future. And who knows? We might see it back around Thanksgiving.
    I'd doubt it, but don't take my word for it. Take his:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Sorry, but I would not expect Mabar to return this year.

Of this event I had 12 Successes over 18 attempts (approx. 67% success rate) 11 Successes where in the 26-30 range and 1 Success was in the 21-25 range. All Fails were in the 26-30 range

Of which only 1 attempt can I say I was personally "LAG'd" out after being surrounded by shadow gargoyles on the lever. In less than two minutes I was removed from the instance so I have no idea if the group succeeded or failed.

A couple of the failures happened within 30 seconds of the Dragon being summoned - Unknown as to why possible ideas are 1) No one to defend an exposed alter 2) Group in Alter Room LAG'd 3) Group was fighting on top of the alter

Turbine provided the "Optional" event. And while it was not perfect (even they admitted to that) and it was shortened (of which they gave a 4 day notice), it by no means implies they owe us anything more than to "Fix" this event for next time.

I personally would have loved the opportunity for 6 more successful runs, but that will just have to wait.

It is ok to vent your frustration, but watch the entitlement...

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    This would be better if they are +4 to +5 upgrade tomes of swim

It would then force people to run SAGA's to get a +3 to +4 upgrade tome of swim hehehe.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

I'd doubt it, but don't take my word for it. Take his:
    eh... was worth a shot.

Plus, I'm in an optimistic mood today. I feel like trying to rub it off on others.

BEWARE DOOMSAYERS!

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai

Just let them drop normally in epic content at appropriate loot level.

Quote Originally Posted by exrick View Post
    Everyone is disappointed but I disagree everyone deserves +5 tomes. I managed to easily get 12 signets without even trying and I have a full-time job and static group 3 nights a week (where we didn't do Mabar).

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

What they owe us is quality programing that executes per acceptable expectations. What we got was something that reaked havoc everywhere. I give this release a grade of F.

Had lag contained only to Mabar? D
    Have lag, contained only to Mabar, and group success rate of every level grouping was 65% or better C.
    Remember, C is passable.

They owe us fixes to Mabar by the last week of the year (2013) and have it up for a week again.

I had maybe a 45% success rate (all of my characters are level 26+) 10%-15% failure was caused by the pug. The rest of the failures due to lag.

/singed
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

I won't say they owe everyone a +5 tome, but would it have killed them, once the decision was made to cut it short, to make them BtA instead of BtC, or make the signets BtA? And then leave the trader outside Delera's open until Monday?

I feel sorry for all the people with 1 or 2 Signets spread out over a number of characters who weren't able to get a single tome (I'm not one of them, fortunately).

Just really, really shoddy customer relations on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...