Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Lightbulb Bring Mabar back on a traditionally slow weekend, Thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, this is one of the key driving reasons for ending Mabar after today, rather than, say, extending it through the weekend. We understand that there are some folks who would really love the weekend to get their Mabar stuff done, but the performance issues impacting Mabar do have an effect on other parts of the game. That said, we still wanted to give people at least a few more days following our initial announcement so folks who were motivated could finish up their efforts for the year.
    Hello.

If last years turn out in Mabar over the USA Thanksgiving Weekend is any indication, fewer people play over this busy family weekend holiday. Fewer people means lighter load on the server, meaning the event might run more smoothly, it might affect the rest of the game less, and those who didn't get what they wanted would have an opportunity to try one last time and over a weekend if they could play at that time? Might you all think about bringing the Mabar event back for the USA Thanksgiving Day weekend?

Thoughts from the rest of the readers? Post below if you would be yea or nay for this please.
    Last edited by Thumbed_Servant; 11-01-2013 at 02:09 AM.
    Thumbed_Servant (to my cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 20 clr-10 epic/ Muhther 18 clr-2 fav-6 epic/ Sheolah 20 pal-2 epic/ plus many 'casual' toons

Community Member

Only if there spawns a special giant turkey zombie that runs through the graveyard at random intervals, clucking and either force-spawning additional monsters, or maybe dropping treasure bags containing motes or collectable bits. Maybe even have it act like the Lantern Arcon from the various Kobold Chaos challenges - if you kill it, more collectables spew forth.

Well, I guess I could still support the suggestion, even if there wasn't a giant zombie turkey...

Though, could we get a few hambies in there at least? Please?
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Wink *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Worldcrafter View Post
    Only if there spawns a special giant turkey zombie that runs through the graveyard at random intervals, clucking and either force-spawning additional monsters, or maybe dropping treasure bags containing motes or collectable bits. Maybe even have it act like the Lantern Arcon from the various Kobold Chaos challenges - if you kill it, more collectables spew forth.

Well, I guess I could still support the suggestion, even if there wasn't a giant zombie turkey...

Though, could we get a few hambies in there at least? Please?
    ...and....we are an army of two...
    Thumbed_Servant (to my cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 20 clr-10 epic/ Muhther 18 clr-2 fav-6 epic/ Sheolah 20 pal-2 epic/ plus many 'casual' toons

Community Member

Nope. Don't bring it back until they've FIXED it.

If you bring it back this Thanksgiving, as is, then everyone who's ****ed off about not completing their +5 tome is just going to do exactly the same thing they did this week...swarm in all at once, try to do everything as fast as possible, break the server again so they have to take it offline, and then they'll be even MORE ****y.