Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Please sell +6 tomes in the DDO store.

jk
    Last edited by Darthsarlacc; 12-20-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Please sell +18 tomes in the store so I can even out my stats.

Thanks !
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

I need +11 because it is 1 more then 10

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

Quote Originally Posted by Darthsarlacc View Post
    Please sell +6 tomes in the store so I can even out my stats.

Thanks
    No.

How about they put +4 and +5 into the loot tables, then add +6 in game eventually, then maybe add them to the store.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

they need to drop in game first before they will sell them. that's how they do things by offering an in game option to acquire P2W store items.

so really you should be asking for them to drop in game so they can sell them in the store so you can buy them to even out your stats.

Yes, it does help to justify buying raw character power in the store if theres a .0000001% chance to get it in game.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    No.

How about they put +4 and +5 into the loot tables, then add +6 in game eventually, then maybe add them to the store.
    100% agree. Too bad with the now a vanilla generic random loot there's nothing worth grinding for anymore when there's +2 loot bonuses. (and good tomes don't drop, afaik nobody I know has pulled a +5 since U19)

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    they need to drop in game in level 60 EEs, at a 0.00000001% droprate every 4th tuesday, for a charismatic charachter, while the player is waving a chicken first before they will sell them. that's how they do things by offering an in game option to acquire P2W store items.

so really you should be asking for them to drop in game so they can sell them in the store so you can buy them to even out your stats.
    in turbine vision

+2 Tomes drop at lvl 10 (VoN)
    +3 Tomes drop at lvl 14 (Reaver's Fate)
    +4 Tomes drop at lvl 18 (ToD)
    +5 Tomes should drop at lvl 22 (at the earliest, with a small percentage)
    and +6 Tomes at lvl 26

I suppose at this point, it would be impolite for me to say that I was making (joking) bets with my friends and guildies about when they will put +6 tomes in the store.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I suppose at this point, it would be impolite for me to say that I was making (joking) bets with my friends and guildies about when they will put +6 tomes in the store.
    Seriously after they gave out +5's to any character that could show up for 3 Spectral Lagon's? I am expecting +6's "Limited time offer" in the store any day now.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yes, it does help to justify buying raw character power in the store if theres a .0000001% chance to get it in game.
    Raw power? a +5 tome is 5/2= 2.5 ability modifier. And that's ignoring the fact that you're PROBABLY buying an upgrade tome to upgrade a series of +2 +3 and even +4 tomes that you got in the game... So even if you bought +4 and +5 in the store we're really talking about +1 to hit and damage "raw power"
    Last edited by IronClan; 10-31-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthsarlacc View Post
    Not that I was expecting any serious philosophical discussions on a game forum.
    Given the notion of qualia, can we really experience anything objectively?

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Seriously after they gave out +5's to any character that could show up for 3 Spectral Lagon's? I am expecting +6's "Limited time offer" in the store any day now.
    I was kinda expecting them to put +5 back up once Mabar ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    For someone "Spending more time playing EVE than DDO" you sure do spend alot of time on these forums.
    I don't install games on the work computers generally.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I think it was a sad day the first time they added any tomes to the store they should have remained chest and end loot only so no I am not for adding +6 tomes to the store.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I don't install games on the work computers generally.
    What i got from that was the intention of their post was to point that you are spending time on these forums as opposed to say, the EVE online forums.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Raw power? a +5 tome is 5/2= 2.5 ability modifier. And that's ignoring the fact that you're PROBABLY buying an upgrade tome to upgrade a series of +2 +3 and even +4 tomes that you got in the game... So even if you bought +4 and +5 in the store we're really talking about +1 to hit and damage "raw power"
    Nope.

Don't get trapped into the "its only +1 more mod" mentality. The major character power being sold here is qualifying for feats. Take the 12 monk 6 ranger 2 other class monkcher build for instance. Its tough to qualify for all the feats you want to max out damage potential without high end tomes, and then still get to 40 wis to get the 4th arrow shot in 10k stars. Stats needed: 23 str, 21 dex, start + levels + tomes only, then still a decent con and wis needs to be 40+ after all mods, for optimal damage.

Many of the good builds that got posted right after the enhancement pass use +5 tomes to qualify for all desired feats, and coupling those feats is a lot more character power than the +1 mod you get for adding 2 more points.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nope.

Don't get trapped into the "its only +1 more mod" mentality. The major character power being sold here is qualifying for feats. Take the 12 monk 6 ranger 2 other class monkcher build for instance. Its tough to qualify for all the feats you want to max out damage potential without high end tomes, and then still get to 40 wis to get the 4th arrow shot in 10k stars. Stats needed: 23 str, 21 dex, start + levels + tomes only, then still a decent con and wis needs to be 40+ after all mods, for optimal damage.

Many of the good builds that got posted right after the enhancement pass use +5 tomes to qualify for all desired feats, and coupling those feats is a lot more character power than the +1 mod you get for adding 2 more points.
    Ding ding ding. Since I wasn't having as much lag issues as everyone else, I did a str or dex tome bonanza during Mabar to qualify for feats like OC on characters that I might not normally be able to without being an 8 con glass cannon.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    Ding ding ding. Since I wasn't having as much lag issues as everyone else, I did a str or dex tome bonanza during Mabar to qualify for feats like OC on characters that I might not normally be able to without being an 8 con glass cannon.
    And i didn't have to spend a level up in con to qualify for epic toughness thanks to it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast