Default Is renaming a guild possible?

I wasn't sure, is this available as a pay service or something?

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

About 30 bucks.

Assuming its not on permanent temprorary unavaible status.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ailable-again!

Don't say I never helped you with nothing, heh. :P! ! ! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Yeah, but there are some issues with it. My guild leader tried to get our name changed from "the brotherhood of arms" to "The Brotherhood of Arms", but ended up changing it to one of the fallbacks "The Original Brotherhood", since apparently you can't just put in uppercase letters for some reason.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Yeah, but there are some issues with it. My guild leader tried to get our name changed from "the brotherhood of arms" to "The Brotherhood of Arms", but ended up changing it to one of the fallbacks "The Original Brotherhood", since apparently you can't just put in uppercase letters for some reason.
    I was there for that!!!! Say hi to everybody for me! :P! ! ! Thanks buddy! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

2014 DDO Players Council

I don't know the mechanic off-hand, but it is possible. My guild did it.

I dont see a reason not to put this in the store.

Community Member

http://support.turbine.com/link/port...ld-Rename-FAQs

How much is a Guild Rename?

There is no cost for a Guild Rename. These are offered free to players who are either VIP or Premium players who have purchased Turbine Points within the last 45 days.

Did it through in game ticket a week ago without problems in less than 15 mins.

Default Combining Guilds?

Any one out there know if you can join two guilds? and if so how this can be done?
    Toborg

Once char can be only in 1 guild at the same time, if you have more chars they can all be in different guilds.

yeah, but can one guild join another guild? I have a guild, but is lower than a friends guild, I wnat to combine my guild with his. Is this possible?

You cant merge guilds.

ok, thanks, Bummer, wish they would let us. I don't want to lose my guild level, but if I want to join with him, I guess I will have to.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Thumbs up Yes this might work!

A Guild Click Amenity for characters who have not been on in a while would need to be in place.
    A place where all Guild members can read about and find out about current events should be designated in the Guild The Infamous Guild Billboard everyone keeps talking about would work well. Such as a Guild Change name. It would happen very easily. But maybe not that easily for there is politics involved.

This idea should be left to the people of the Guild to decide if they want to leave the Guild and start a new one with the same Guild name, but a new Guild none the less with it's level equal to the banked renown of those who are still in it. A Guild of level 100 could be level 80 with The NEW name and level 40 or 50 with the Old name since the renown is now a factor and depending on who stays with the New Name or chooses start a new with the same Old Name.

If they want to vote and accept the same old Guild name, or vote for the new one but at the level of their current Renown contribution of what they have (****the more renown contribution the more votes we get) ,and might have the possibility of the same old Guild name and branch off into Two Guilds! This must be in place imo! Guild Officers/Members have the right to choose and they must have this right to if they so choose. So as to not implement something that in unfair to the infrastructure of what makes a game a game fun. Otherwise the old guild name could be snatched up by someone else with undo process and an unwanted break down of who might have been able to still keep the old Guild name out of pride! Starting their own, but smaller Guild with the Same old Guild Name is preserved and upheld.

This Idea, is at is, is a phenomena that must have certain standards so that Guild names cannot change back and forth causing code problems and consequences for doing such is punishable if done too often.

Those whom with and wish to accept the New Guild name can and must click on this Guild Name Change and vote on it. Then the next step is to accept the New guild name and get the upgrades (if applicable) and new change name of the Guild by clicking on the new Guild name Change Amenity or whatever.

It is complicated and must be thought out.

What about characters who have not logged on in a while. They get a vote too and can choose either to take the new name or go with the same old name and stay with the new Guild leader of the old name.

To be able to change a Guild name and if only one vote to keep the old Guild name could and might be to be only an Officer/Member. If at least one person votes to keep the old guild name they gain that guild name and have their own ship. Ship level depending on their banked renown.

All officers should get a vote and members should get a vote only if they have at least 1 percent of the Guild renown banked or 500,000 guild renown contribution. **** Every 500,000 renown is one vote.

Did I leave anything out of the politics of it all?

Let me know.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 11-02-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Made my points a bit more clear. This was all just brainstorm.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by RotR View Post
    yeah, but can one guild join another guild? I have a guild, but is lower than a friends guild, I wnat to combine my guild with his. Is this possible?
    Sort of...have everyone leave the one guild and join the other. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Sort of...have everyone leave the one guild and join the other. Done.
    I've wondered often about the effects on Guilds if Turbine were to go ahead with Server Mergers.

Example:

Say Sarlona and Cannith were to be merged.

I have multiple characters on both servers - My Characters on Sarlona are in the Lvl 77 Guild: Judges of Sarlona where I am very happy.
    BUT
    I have my own Guild: Scions of Stormreach {Lvl 56} on Cannith and would if these two servers were merged have to leave Judges.

Now this would be hurtful to Judges for no reason as far as I'm concerned.

Easy fix would be to allow me and the leader of Judges if he was so inclined to merge the two Guilds {making us both Immune to Booting of course} with half the Renown of the lower level guild added to the renown of the Higher.
    I'd personally lobby for the name to be changed to Scions of Sarlona at that point but I'm not so enamoured of Scions that I wouldn't accept Judges remaining the name if the majority wanted {which would be the likely outcome as Judges has many more players},

Second Example:

Wayfinder gets merged with Cannith.

I have Guilds on Both Servers - Scions on Cannith and Auslanders on Wayfinder and would without doubt move my characters from Auslanders to Scions were this merge to go ahead.
    It would be nice though if I could merge the two taking half the renown earned in Auslanders on Wayfinder {This wouldn't be much as that guild is only Lvl 13}.

Guilds of the Same Name on the two servers could be allowed the same opportunity to merge.

Just something for the Devs to think about in case Server Merges become a Reality.

Merging Guilds on the same server could also do with being added as a possibility by Turbine - I doubt many would take them up on it BUT for those that would it would be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RotR View Post
    join your friends guild but leave a bank toon in yours. with decay stopped for now you won't lose your guild level.