I've been wanting to try this for a while but just never got around to it. With Mabar keeping all my friends and guild members busy I decided this week would be a great chance to start working through a bunch of EE solo's.
I had a lot of fun doing these and planning on continuing, but for now here's a list of the quests I've completed so far and below that are some random thoughts at the end of each day.
EE DA (Revisit)
EE What Goes Up (Pre-u21)
EE Devils Assault
EE Belly and the Beast
Don't Drink the Water
The Lost Thread
Battle for Eveningstar
Trial by Fury
Deal & the Demon
Reclaiming the Rift
Lords of Dust
Servants of the Overlord
Spinner of Shadows
Beyond the Rift
Stay at the Inn
End of the Road
Feast or Famine
Cry for Help
Trial by Fury
Maze of Madness
Foundation of Discord
Friends in Low Places
A Lesson in Deception
Into the Deep
http://s5.postimg.org/pn8qiil1z/Scre...Deep_Demon.jpg (Demon optional)
- DA wasn't too bad overall. The biggest trick is positioning yourself in places where you don't activate the entire room at once and then kill only what comes to you. The bosses we're a joke though, funny enough. Nice to see they still haven't fixed that annoying teleporting boss bug.
- Started working through the EE CITW flag chain today also. Not too many hitches to mention here really.
- Finished the CITW flag chain on EE today. In this series, by far the hardest was reclaiming the rift. The large mob spawns and their knockdown effect make this extremely challenging. This was the only EE quest I died in (8 times sadly) during the entire flag series, but I was able to complete it ! I'll go back later and try for a perfect run another time.
- Tried running EE Don't drink the water (Green Dragon). I've solo'd this one before on Sniperos (ranged) and Frostyros (sorc) and those went really well, but never tried on a melee-only before. Getting there was easy, the dragon himself though is another story. Got about 1/2 done before I got taken out. I'll come back to this one later.
- Ran Dust, no issues. Started Servants, but got shoved into the wall by a mob and couldn't get out. Ah the joys of DDO clients. Will try again tomorrow.
- Tried Servants again today. Got to the end clearing lots of mobs until one decides to either not spawn or gets stuck in a wall and I can't advance the waves. Stupid buggy quest. Think I'll skip this one for now.
- Completed EE Belly in the Beast. Wow, that was a lot of fun, insane, but fun ! I'd rank this up there with EE DA.
- Started the High Road Series. Completed EE Detour.
- Finished EE High Road series. Not too bad overall, though it took two tries to do End of the Road. I forgot to give myself deathward and got neg level blasted right from the start during the end fight and lost 7 levels. I couldn't recover in time to keep my blitz rolling and it kind of went down hill from there. 2nd try was really exciting, edge of your seat kind of thing being a melee only, but pulled it off without any major issues. I'd do that one again, just for the fun of it. I rank it up there with EE DA and Belly, at least for the end fight, the rest of it wasn't anything special sadly.
- Started EE GH. Did Feast or Famine and Cabal today.
- Completed Maze, Trial, Foundation & Cry for Help today. I did use an owlbear to hit some of the required two-person switches in the Maze, but otherwise solo.
- Tried EE PoP today also. Took a few tries to figure out which rooms worked best to solo, but I think I've got that worked out now (fire, ice, air, lawful & vampire). My big problem at the moment is the end fight. Seemed a bit overwhelming as a melee-only. If I had ranged as an option it'd be a cake. I'll probably come back to this later, but spent too much time there today to go back again right away.
- Tried Don't Drink the Water again. Went worse than last time! I think I'll return to this later once again once I forget how mean that Dragon is to melee. This one is really just about practice. I'll get it eventually.
- Started the Wheloon series next. I've already decided I'm not going to bother with Mirror. The constant teleporting would just make it a drag on a melee using blitz.
- Did friends in low places first. Pretty smooth until the end fight. I miscalculated the best place to fight them and died almost right from the start. Used a cake, tried again, failed. Used 2nd cake, this time I found a much better location and was able to work through the mobs much easier (hint, fight near the exit, make the spawns have to work towards you, most are archers, so they'll take a while giving you time to work them down). I also chugged a lot of silver flame pots to keep up on the healing, just way too many mobs to work through (and archers suck!). Not sure if this really counts as a EE completion since I used 2 cakes, but for now I'll claim it. I might come back again and try later for a perfect run.
- Did Lesson in Deception next. This one took me a few tries, on the 3rd try I completed, but it was late at night and I made two stupid mistakes at the last shrine and died twice (ugh). No cakes though this time! Biggest problem here was being able to get to those ladders while things were on me. I cleared most of the mobs, then would leave one or two and go for a ladder during the lull. I actually think I got lucky more than anything really. It was a frustrating end fight between the divine dots and the cometfalls, not sure I'll bother doing that one again. In a group though, this one would be fun.
- Tried some practice runs of Breaking the Ranks. I was able to get to the 2nd wave after a few runs, but that named caster sitting on the edge sucks. Tried a few other strategies also, but this one is really going to need some more practice before I can get it. I'll plug away at this over time.
- Tonight wasn't a good night for success. Tried Army of Shadow tonight. Easy right up until the end. The fight there isn't very hard as much as it is boring & long. The caster has pretty high DC's and my saves weren't quite up to par for smooth sailing. The worm that comes up isn't really much of a challenge, just a lot of HP and a really long beat down. I finished the worm and got the caster down to about 10% before I rolled a fail on symbol of stunning and he had his way with me after that, I wasn't able to recover. I didn't feel like wasting TP on a cake since I don't think I could have survived with much lower saves anyway. I'm not sure I want to bother doing that one again; it was just too boring. Maybe another time.
- Mabar ended so the free time wasn't quite as available, but took some time today and blew through Red Fens. Wasn't really expecting many problems here since they're lower level epics, but figured I'd do them for completeness. Pretty smooth until the end fight of Deeps, my blitz bugged out and started the timer, but not the effect. I had to go old-school on them. The Demon optional was pretty fun.
- Been busy working on my Epic TR's, however at the end of one life I decided to try out the remaining of the Dust Series.
- Was finally able to get an instance of the Servants that didn't bug out on the final fight and was able to easily work my way through it.
- Spinners was actually easier than I thought, no issues.
- Went onto Beyond the Rift to complete the series.
- Got completely sidetracked with Epic TR'ing. All wrapped up now so I decided to test out the new toys by running EE What Goes Up. I've never run this quest before on EE; solo, or otherwise. I had to learn the various differences while on the run. First try I screwed up and couldn't quite recover from it so I decided to reset and try again. Completed on the second try, but died 9 times trying. Not a great run, but a successful one. Lots of mistakes made, but I learned from them. I was glad to see this pre-U21 before they make the changes to it. I'll go back though and try again with my previous mistakes in mind and will continue to aim for a flawless run.
- Purchased some software for making video's for kicks and decided to go back and revisit EE Devil Assault. Was much much easier this time around actually.
- Finally ! My arch-nemesis fell. The Green Dragon and I, after a long break from each other, decided to face off once again. Oddly enough, this time around it actually seemed too easy. Completion time could have been a lot shorter, but I decided to kill things on my way in and loot a couple chests on the way.