Community Member

Question D N T notforplayers! back to the game after 2+ years

UPDATE: This didn't cause any issues (as Vargouille had said) and it was finally resolved with last Monday's patch

I came back to the game after more than 2 years
    Obviously there have been made lots of changes to the game and my main char (lev 20) is a bit out-of-sync
    I will use this +20 lesser heart Turbine gifted to my chars to fix him, and this will probably solve the problem,
    but i'm not sure it will, and because i have to learn all those things that changed before i use that LR, i plan to do some questing the way my char is now

So, i post here because i get this strange message in my Combat Log each time i login,
    and i wonder if i should worry about anything wrong happening (and also wonder if it'll be fixed when i LR, as i said above)

(Combat): You are affected by d n t notforplayers!
    eff_feat_hideinplainsight_careaboutmovement
    (Combat): D N T NotForPlayers!
    eff_feat_hideinplainsight_careaboutmovement description

this appears two times, with some other lines between, just by logging in

Seems like a problem with the feat? i'm a Ranger btw...

haven't checked other chars

PS: hope that's the right place to post this...
    Last edited by Grecan; 12-12-2013 at 04:58 AM.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

You can safely ignore this. It's merely a display bug.

Which I'll go fix. (The bit with the long name and underscores is very helpful to us for tracking it down.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    You can safely ignore this. It's merely a display bug.

Which I'll go fix. (The bit with the long name and underscores is very helpful to us for tracking it down.)
    Hey, thanks for the quick response and for caring to fix this (Do you need the name of that char?)

Give my congrats to the all dev team, i think you're doing a great job with the game (well, i see big developement since i've gone!)
    And i think you hear too much whining that's undeserved (checked some new threads, seems like nothing's changed in some respect )

There are some more minor "technicalities", caused by this long absence, and i don't know if someone can enlighten me about them in this place, but here goes:

- i used to have Whirlwind Attack (needed for Tempest 3) but don't have it now - do i have one feat less than others now?
    - one of the feats i have (IPS?) says it requires PBS, but i don't have it (did something change, or was it like this before? maybe it's WAI cause i'm a Ranger... i'm not sure )

- the weapons i had in my Shared Bank account have not been affected by the updates, i noticed +6 and higher weapons don't have the Paragon description (and i wonder if their damage will matches the description or not) and a True Chaos of Pure Good bow that hasn't changed required alignment from Chaotic to Good (not sure if i want this to change for this particular bow...) Other similar weapons i had in my inventory or bank (not the Shared Bank) have changed alignment and can't use them now (but no big deal)

well, it's trivial stuff... but i feel kinda at a loss after all this time and changes, so any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Grecan; 10-31-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    - one of the feats i have (IPS?) says it requires PBS, but i don't have it (did something change, or was it like this before? maybe it's WAI cause i'm a Ranger... i'm not sure )
    That's because you're a Ranger, they get some feats for free, even if they don't have the prerequisites.

- the weapons i had in my Shared Bank account have not been affected by the updates, i noticed +6 and higher weapons don't have the Paragon description (and i wonder if their damage will matches the description or not) and a True Chaos of Pure Good bow that hasn't changed required alignment from Chaotic to Good (not sure if i want this to change for this particular bow...) Other similar weapons i had in my inventory or bank (not the Shared Bank) have changed alignment and can't use them now (but no big deal)

well, it's trivial stuff... but i feel kinda at a loss after all this time and changes, so any help is greatly appreciated
    The items should update (at least for Paragon -not sure about alignment) when you take them out of the bank.

Geoff.

[QUOTE=Grecan;5154681]

There are some more minor "technicalities", caused by this long absence, and i don't know if someone can enlighten me about them in this place, but here goes:

- i used to have Whirlwind Attack (needed for Tempest 3) but don't have it now - do i have one feat less than others now?

QUOTE]

They somewhat recently changed Precise Shot (the prereq for imp precise) to include an archer's focus stance, so its possible the prereq to IPS isn't working properly on your toon yet, though an LR should fix all feat problems. PBS is not required if you are a ranger of level 11 or above, since as said above, it is auto-granted with the ranger class.

Not sure about whirlwind, although you no longer need it to progress with the new Tempest enhancements. They did fix the animations though, so it is very nice to have if you're staying TWF focus. At any rate, you can make all decisions anew with the free LR or LR +20 (there are two options, the first doesn't allow you to change class levels, whereas the second allows you to change all of them).

Hope that helps!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    That's because you're a Ranger, they get some feats for free, even if they don't have the prerequisites.
    oh, ok, i suspected that

The items should update (at least for Paragon -not sure about alignment) when you take them out of the bank.

Geoff.
    true, Paragon listed, didn't try with the bow. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Leclaire1;5155013]

QUOTE]

They somewhat recently changed Precise Shot (the prereq for imp precise) to include an archer's focus stance, so its possible the prereq to IPS isn't working properly on your toon yet, though an LR should fix all feat problems. PBS is not required if you are a ranger of level 11 or above, since as said above, it is auto-granted with the ranger class.

Not sure about whirlwind, although you no longer need it to progress with the new Tempest enhancements. They did fix the animations though, so it is very nice to have if you're staying TWF focus. At any rate, you can make all decisions anew with the free LR or LR +20 (there are two options, the first doesn't allow you to change class levels, whereas the second allows you to change all of them).

Hope that helps!
    i don't need WW, but if i could take another feat in it's place before i LR, it would be nice

i only got the +20 LR on my chars though, are you sure i should have gotten a free plain LR, too?
    maybe i could use that on some chars and keep the +20LR for futeure use
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Are you sure you had Whirlwind Attack? It was never a requirement for Tempest 3 (the prereq was "Requires One of: Lightning Reflexes, Oversized Two Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Blocking, Two Weapon Defense " according to wiki's History page, which matches up with what I recall). I was debating for the longest time about where to put my split in my ranger/rogue, and that wouldn't have been a debate if I'd required TWO more feats for Tempest 3 (since I didn't have Combat Expertise, either).
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Are you sure you had Whirlwind Attack? It was never a requirement for Tempest 3 (the prereq was "Requires One of: Lightning Reflexes, Oversized Two Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Blocking, Two Weapon Defense " according to wiki's History page, which matches up with what I recall). I was debating for the longest time about where to put my split in my ranger/rogue, and that wouldn't have been a debate if I'd required TWO more feats for Tempest 3 (since I didn't have Combat Expertise, either).
    Well, then i had taken it even if it wasn't a pre-req, and despite the forumites' opinion that it wasn't a good feat. I'm sure i had it.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Well, then i had taken it even if it wasn't a pre-req, and despite the forumites' opinion that it wasn't a good feat. I'm sure i had it.
    Then I suggest talking to Fred (in House Jorasco) and seeing when you took all your feats (if you drag each feat into the box, there will be a list in the corner of what level you took it). Note that you won't be able to check when you took pre-reqs (since you can't trade them out), but assuming no fighter levels, a human couldn't take WA before 9 and a non-human before 12. So check what feats you have listed for at 9/12/15/18. And if you're missing one from those levels, double-check that something later doesn't have a pre-req that may be in there.
    Last edited by LrdSlvrhnd; 11-02-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Question another little bug

i found another little bug...
    - when i'm on mouse-look, i can't tumble forward with "W" (i just stand there blocking) but only with the up-arrow
    - when not on mouse-look, i also can't tumble left and right, but strafe(?) instead (circle in place) - and this happens either using "A" & "D" keys or left & right arrow keys [this actually might be WAI]

i re-mapped the "W" key and also restarted the game, but nothing changed

should i make a bug-report?
    Last edited by Grecan; 11-02-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

Then I suggest talking to Fred (in House Jorasco) and seeing when you took all your feats (if you drag each feat into the box, there will be a list in the corner of what level you took it). Note that you won't be able to check when you took pre-reqs (since you can't trade them out), but assuming no fighter levels, a human couldn't take WA before 9 and a non-human before 12. So check what feats you have listed for at 9/12/15/18. And if you're missing one from those levels, double-check that something later doesn't have a pre-req that may be in there.
    Thanks for your help, i'm really confused with all the changes atm...
    Some stuff i remember have changed, some have not changed but i remember them wrongly...
    (a lot has remained the same, of course)
    I'll try to follow your suggestions. My char is Elf 18Rng/1Fgtr/1Barb

Going back into Savarath Battlefield and killing a couple rares on my own felt thrilling after all this time (haven't started questing)
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

i found another little bug...
    - when i'm on mouse-look, i can't tumble forward with "W" (i just stand there blocking) but only with the up-arrow
    - when not on mouse-look, i also can't tumble left and right, but strafe(?) instead (circle in place) - and this happens either using "A" & "D" keys or left & right arrow keys

i re-mapped the "W" key and also restarted the game, but nothing changed

should i make a bug-report?
    It sounds like your keymap got reset, but I could be wrong. It sometimes happens to me after an update, and I change it back to Classic.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    It sounds like your keymap got reset, but I could be wrong. It sometimes happens to me after an update, and I change it back to Classic.
    It wasn't reset, it was as i had left it

and probably the 2nd part (not on mouse-look) is WAI (i'll edit my post)

but not being able to tumble forward with a key i use to move forward (W) is weird

[didn't check with Fred yet and the issue i describe in the OP still remains]
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Hmm. Some changes are you can jump in sneak, now, but sneak gives ~ -10 penalty to jump and tumble.

If I am in sneak when I exit, I am still in sneak when I come back, but I don't look like I am in sneak. My first hint is that my jump and tumble suck on lower levels. I try to remember to clear my sneak when I log in, now.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

The glitch i describe in the OP remains, as well as the problem that i can't tumble forward with "W" (the key i use to move forward)

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Hmm. Some changes are you can jump in sneak, now, but sneak gives ~ -10 penalty to jump and tumble.

If I am in sneak when I exit, I am still in sneak when I come back, but I don't look like I am in sneak. My first hint is that my jump and tumble suck on lower levels. I try to remember to clear my sneak when I log in, now.
    yeah, i noticed that, too
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

The glitch i describe in the OP remains
    That's not GOING to change until the next patch/update. So you can stop commenting about it until then 8-} The fact that a dev commented on it and specifically said he was going to go fix is a good sign, but it's not going to be added until they update. And a hotfix probably won't count.
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

That's not GOING to change until the next patch/update. So you can stop commenting about it until then 8-}
    Sir, permission to speak, Sir!

Community Member

Smile

This is an update to the status of the various minor "bugs" i have reported in this thread:

- The message i talk about in the OP still appears (no big deal) [edit: finally resolved]

- I think that there's no problem with my feats, and that i probably had swapped WW Attack at some point for another feat.

- The tumbling problem was solved just by loading the Default keymap settings, as the tech team suggested me to do. I then re-mapped my keys like they were before (i was just trying to find a solution that wouldn't require this, as i wasn't sure at all that loading the Default settings would help at all) and everything's fine now
    Last edited by Grecan; 12-12-2013 at 05:14 AM.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!