Default Ok, this is stupid.

Last day, Mabar, Thelanis. It's late for me, 2 AM, early for others - our last day to get signets b/c Mabar is being closed early. We worked for 2 solid hours to bring the doors open and when we finally hit 0, it resets to 10000.

I wasn't even going to run Mabar b/c of how awful the lag was. Stupidly, I convinced myself to. What a waste of time.

*edit: many of us submitted tickets. Mine was closed without bothering to contact me. All I got was:

"The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled."

Not good enough. I wasted 2 hours of my time on that - and so did everyone else on Thelanis involved in what passes for this event.
    Last edited by Singular; 10-31-2013 at 12:03 PM.

This same thing happened on Sarlona on Saturday. I submitted a help ticket, but it was closed with no reply (not really surprising).

Sorry for your wasted farming efforts.

Turbine, your shoddy coding is costing a lot of people a lot of time. You owe everyone that was logged on when the counts reset (on whatever server this has happened on) a signet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Last day, Mabar, Thelanis. It's late for me, 2 AM, early for others - our last day to get signets b/c Mabar is being closed early. We worked for 2 solid hours to bring the doors open and when we finally hit 0, it resets to 10000.

I wasn't even going to run Mabar b/c of how awful the lag was. Stupidly, I convinced myself to. What a waste of time.

*edit: many of us submitted tickets. Mine was closed without bothering to contact me. All I got was:

"The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled."

Not good enough. I wasted 2 hours of my time on that - and so did everyone else on Thelanis involved in this event.
    Yup, i was standing there too. I was the guy in the shared instance standing at the trader yelling about how we were stuck at 2 for an abnormally long time. Then I checked again and we were at 9,998....*sigh*
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

That must have have been so frustrating.
    I was on and had lag-failed on my previous attempt so thought about hanging around for another Mabar run but didn't because of the typically slow late night grind (that should be scaled down on off hours) to open the gates. Glad I didn't wait. It would have been the final nail in the coffin called Mabar for me.

There should be some compensation for this type of BS, even if they have to empower the in-game admins to dole out rewards (opportunity) that have been lost.

I was there and it was a very shocking moment ! @.@

Not good enough. I wasted 2 hours of my time on that - and so did everyone else on Thelanis involved in what passes for this event.
    /singed
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Yep...I was there on my WF Arty Ravind...the one that wrote, "It rolled over!"

Not cool.

Ladies and gentlemen, it just happened again! Twice in a row. I kid you not.

Community Member

Just "Bend over and think of England"!
    (this message is brought to you by Keep Britain Tidy: http://www2.keepbritaintidy.org/)

Cheers

Ast

Angry

Same boat here. I was not too displeased with the event, as only 1 of my 5-6 runs got really too laggy. But this is really unacceptable, because it's most probably due to some change in the code after turbine announced the early closure of the event...
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Angry

still happening... why they don't put a warning in the client so we don't waste our time with ***** mabar?
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Community Member

Happened 2 consecutive times today. Sent in 1st ticket and they said to bug report it. Sent in a ticket this time and explained that I will not use bug report tool since it is terrible design and nothing ever results from it. Those of us that have been around know that a Senior GM has the capability to open the door or change the counter in hopes that the door opens again.

Community Member

This is really bad for some people who have "wasted" 5 hours today waiting for the chamber to open so we can get those last signets we planned to get today because the event ends early. I guess it's too much to expect some kind of compensation, though. I think that after this happened first time, the whole thing should have been shut down so that people (some of who are just logging in and know nothing about what's happening) wouldn't keep wasting their time :S

Community Member

Default What a waste!

Since we were told that Mabar would be closing after today, my wife and I both used a personnel day and took the day off so that we could get our last signets for our +5 tomes. However, the doors never opened at all today while we were online. We wasted over 4 hours only to not even be allowed to go in. Now I can understand if we had failed due to lag or whatever, (not happy but would understand), but we didn't even get that chance. No way to blame noobs, lag, or not enough people, this is all on DDO. I believe that the fair thing to do would be for DDO to give a signet to everyone that put in a ticket. Of course we all know that will not happen and if it does, it will be to late to get our +5 tome or whatever else people were planing on getting. thanks for nothing DDO!

Default Three times is the charm

The count is closing in on the zero count again.

Will the door again stay closed. You can place your bets here.

Doors open and in! Now, waiting on a lag fail.....
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Ravand View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, it just happened again! Twice in a row. I kid you not.
    Wow, terrible. So 4 hours down the drain - sorry to say this, but I'm glad I gave up at that point. Woke up this morning and, just as I was going to the door, the same thing happened - it resets. So I just took the gem instead of bothering to try to get one more signet.

What a waste of time, for a lot of people.

What mabar needs is some nice ice ramps....... and perhaps a bobsled ride.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM