Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by godmode View Post
    With the lack of communication from the powers that be and no set plan in place. I fear a dark storm may be brewing.
    d00000000000mmmmmmmm1111111

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Ghostbane is the epitome of what is wrong with DDO.
    Actually. Ghostbane itself is not what's wrong.

It was the convoluted, short-sighted, utterly idiotic decision that brought it about, and the utterly incomprehensible decisions to make it occur on every other drop afterwards, while getting rid of all the other cool prefixes, that is actually the problem.

Combining Ghost Touch and undead bane? Not a bad decision.

Combining it for new players levels 1 - 6 where Ghost Touch is not even remotely needed? Unbelievably dumb..

I agree with the general sentiment expressed herein.

The new loot tables have eliminated a lot of the stuff I enjoyed getting.
    Please Turbine, bring back the rich, full loot lists we enjoyed prior to Shadowfell.

Oh, and you can probably ditch ghostbanes and retributives for a good long while, the game is overflowing with these.

Thanks!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Ghostbane is the epitome of what is wrong with DDO.
    But...

But...

They are very good at their jobs!
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Community Member

How is the loot worse? You can get outstanding rings, cloaks, necklaces, bracers, belts, boots and goggles now that are often the best in slot from treasure chests. So you lose some weapon prefix/suffixes, so what? Isn't everyone using CitW weapons, esos ot grave wrappings? Lots of the random caster sticks are draft sexy. What exactly are you missing? And you leave out some really good random gen weapons like improved vorpals with doublstrike. The number of weapon choices now vs 5 years ago is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffyanne View Post
    How is the loot worse? You can get outstanding rings, cloaks, necklaces, bracers, belts, boots and goggles now that are often the best in slot from treasure chests.
    That is only in epic levels. And the point is: why in God’s name would you make random loot that outshines hard-to-get epic items? It defeats the purpose of running raids.

So you lose some weapon prefix/suffixes, so what?
    Besides the fact that they were useful and fun?

Isn't everyone using CitW weapons, esos ot grave wrappings?
    Ummm…no?

I have 4 toons post lvl 20. I have maybe 1 desirable weapon like Pinion. Not everyone grinds for an eSOS every minute they log on to DDO.

Lots of the random caster sticks are draft sexy.
    They were. I’ve got three of them. Those don’t drop any more.

What exactly are you missing? And you leave out some really good random gen weapons like improved vorpals with doublstrike. The number of weapon choices now vs 5 years ago is staggering.
    I have yet to see one “improved” anything. And no, the number of weapons choices if not “staggering.” Now they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

let alone are ever likely to revert back to the way it was.
    Rather than roll it back to the far superior previous version of loot, I suspect it is far more likely the next expansion will bring us an even more refined and streamlined version of loot. All loot will be further reduced to one of four versions.

"Heroic Named Item" (Not acutally named, just called "named x")
    "Epic Named Item"
    "Heroic Random Item"
    "Epic Random Item"

They will have on them only Ghostbane or Riposte and augment slots of various colors, purchasable only in the DDO store.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    But...

But...

They are very good at their jobs!
    You mean, beign transformed to plat at nearest vendor, or keeping players away from game?

How is the loot worse? You can get outstanding rings, cloaks, necklaces, bracers, belts, boots and goggles now that are often the best in slot from treasure chests. So you lose some weapon prefix/suffixes, so what? Isn't everyone using CitW weapons, esos ot grave wrappings? Lots of the random caster sticks are draft sexy. What exactly are you missing? And you leave out some really good random gen weapons like improved vorpals with doublstrike. The number of weapon choices now vs 5 years ago is staggering.
    I want to be able to farm specific chest for specific loot, not open 200+ without seeing good combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    That is only in epic levels. And the point is: why in God’s name would you make random loot that outshines hard-to-get epic items? It defeats the purpose of running raids.

I have yet to see one “improved” anything. And no, the number of weapons choices if not “staggering.” Now they suck.
    While you may not like how best in slot loot is now distributed, the loot is better which was the point of the thread. You say not everyone spends all time grinding for an esos, ok fair enough but this shows there is a point to run raids because that is where the best weapons still drop.

Yes, the slicing and bleed and desert sand stuff was fun, but why can't stuff be put out in limited editions? And most of this stuff was best for TR leveling anyway. You can still craft twink weapons and GS is still an option.

Now if you want to complain about a lack of space to store some of these weapons that are nice to have I second that.

There are some items that are higher power (although most of the best stuff from MotU random loot isn't replaceable), but generally the new stuff is dull.

By dull, I mean Eldritch IV is almost the same in effect as the old Cosmic. Which sounds better? Phlebotomizing or Bleed V? Incandescent or Solar III? What's more interesting, hitting an opponent for 4d4 lightning damage each swing, or CAUSING AN ENORMOUS LIGHTNING BOLT TO STRIKE FOR 600 every now and again?

Then there's all the critical old stuff like healing amp 20 or 30 bracers with a useful suffix; invisibility clickies; spell proofing items - the list could go on.

The new stuff that is good is mostly stuff we would have got anyway with any increase of max loot level (Resistance 9-11), or is one of the two extremely good affixes, Seeking or Deadly.

Also, if I had a kitten for every Ghostbane weapon I have had drop, I could fill an entire swimming pool with dead cats.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    THIS is the big issue of this year, not Reincarnation. Reincarnation happened SPECIFICALLY to distract people from itemization. They have NO intention of bringing things back to the way they were. I know this for a fact.
    And how do you know that?

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    And how do you know that?
    History teaches us this. One does not need insider knowledge to realize this fact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12