Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost 3 months

Community Member

Default Almost 3 months

It's been almost 3 months since the Shadowfell expansion.

WHERE IS THE LOOT?

Really where is it!

I can tell you why Shadowfell has been said to be a horrible expansion. (The quests themselves are fun, unique, and cool. The explorer areas are very well made.)

It's because over half the loot variables have been removed from the game. Sure they added in a few new cool effects and altered some others. Instead of an increased chance to find any of the wierd or unique loot permutations they were simply removed.

I for one am tired of seeing identical items randomly generated for loot rewards.

I use to farm explorer areas and EE quests just for a chance to find some unique cool loots.

This needs to be fixed ASAP we are tired of seeing the same loot over and over. And what is with the Tome drop rates?

The only cool random loots these days come from the prison chain or stormhorns chain rewards. But you have to do 5 quests to get a loot window that is populated by half of the epic named items.

Don't get me wrong some of the new loot changes are cool and we appreciate that, but you really killed a part of the game with the current loot tables.

I've waited and waited thinking "oh they just need some time to make similar changes to all the old loot" but its been a quarter of a year now! And I've not heard of any changes coming with the new TR update.

And another problem I have with the new loots is you have to examine it to see what tier effect it has.
    Instead of "Flaming IV Shortsword" its just "Flaming Shortsword" This is incredible painful to look through the Auction house full of the same named items and you have to examine each one to see its true value.

I could go on and on.

Please address the loot issue as soon as possible!

Sincerely,
    A concerned chest looter

I got to agree. There are all sorts of posts saying lootgen is better than the named stuff, and it boggles my mind, because the lootgen stuff since they changed it so drastically are just terrible.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by walkin_dude View Post
    I got to agree. There are all sorts of posts saying lootgen is better than the named stuff, and it boggles my mind, because the lootgen stuff since they changed it so drastically are just terrible.
    Well the named crossbow from the Shadowfell campaign doesn't even have an enhancement bonus......

Community Member

I use to run a +2 loot gem all the time, but since the last expansion I've found that there is no point in running one at lvl cap. You get the same loots reguardless if you are running the lvl 31-33 loot tables or the lvl 26-29 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by godmode View Post
    I use to run a +2 loot gem all the time, but since the last expansion I've found that there is no point in running one at lvl cap. You get the same loots reguardless if you are running the lvl 31-33 loot tables or the lvl 26-29 ones.
    I have to agree with this... Maybe this will get the devs attention... I'm not buying loot gems anymore!

I was flabbergasted when they released the new loot. Going to +10 and +11 stats was so unnecessary... +9 named loot would have kept the powergamers happy for months... And the +8 stuff would still be decent. Adding +10 protection, nat armor, resistance just made a bunch of named gear (usually higher level) worth much less... Please go back and adjust those named gear items to match the new rules. Some of the new stuff is good... I like the new Deception... Now change the old named items that have old-style Deception please.

But you went way overboard with Deadly. And ghostbane everywhere is annoying. Bring back some of the interesting combos on random loot from before.

And put +4 and +5 tomes back in the loot tables!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

and another thing.
    Whatever happened to loot based on class.

Some quests will give me an appropriate reward based on my class. Others give me a list of items not even remotely related to my class. What gives?

I’m really looking forward to the Epic Reincarnation, because the current game is horrible. The current loot system is one of the reasons why the game is just not fun to play. Before the current loot system began, there was always a little hope that a chest or quest reward list might have a cool item. Now there is only hoping there won’t be more than 2 items with riposte on them.

I think what bugs me more than the loot system is the lack of communication about the loot system. It would be great to have somebody comment on this thread.

Some folks would outright scoff at me when I'd say that there is a substantial disconnect in how the Devs view the game and how the players enjoy playing said game. But, I think the recent changes to the loot in the game is just one more key example of what I mean when I say it. The new changes are beyond bad, and I have only heard of the smallest fraction of folks who like them vs. those who detest what was changed. However, the Devs are doing their usual Code of Silence routine about it, which typically means they have no intention of ever addressing it with we the unwashed masses - let alone are ever likely to revert back to the way it was.

But, it is what it is. I've given up hope that the Devs will pull out of this nosedive. I'll enjoy the game until one change becomes one too many. Till then, I'm locked into my seat on this roller coaster - and just have to take the hills and loops as they come no matter how questionable I think the design may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

But you went way overboard with Deadly.
    How else will they make Epic Gianthold items useless after 1 lousy update?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    And ghostbane everywhere is annoying.
    Ghostbane is the epitome of what is wrong with DDO.

Agree with the general sentiment here. New loot system is neither as exciting nor as useful, for my chars, as the previous loot system.

I will say it's made decon for crafting essences much, much simpler.

Oh! Devs, that last is a bad thing, imo.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Ghostbane is the epitome of what is wrong with DDO.
    Just like some quests get Crucibled®

The loot tables were Ghostbaned®

What I found odd about it is why did they have to put the new tables in as a replacement for the old ones, when they could have simply added to the old ones?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

and another thing.

Some quests will give me an appropriate reward based on my class. Others give me a list of items not even remotely related to my class. What gives?
    Not saying it's not broken, but you might want to check your optionals and make sure you didn't accidentally (or the server didn't) uncheck your loot based on class option. That's happened to a few people I know, and it's wroth checking if you're having a problem. If it's not set wrong, then I'd spam bug reports!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

and another thing.

If the reward list can contain named loot as well as random loot then it ignore rewards based on class.

Edit: Found the quote from here:

I was speaking with regard to treasure chests.

As for quest end rewards, that option only applies to lists that would otherwise be random. If an end reward list has any special items in it (special crafting ingredients, named items, for example), then it is unaffected by the Quest End Rewards Based On Class selection. That is why Quest End Rewards Based On Class does not function on quest end rewards in the Vale of Twilight, Necropolis, Red Fens, Reign of Madness Part 1, and any other locations where any item has been set manually to have a chance of appearing on a reward list.

I hope that clears it up for you.
    Last edited by Krelar; 10-31-2013 at 11:55 AM.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I really, really hope we can go back to MotU style loot. Fun, special and interesting abilities. Not Retributive of Funbane like we have now.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    If the reward list can contain named loot as well as random loot then it ignore rewards based on class.
    Ahh thats gotta be it thanks for pointing that out.

So basically the 10 highest level quests in the game will never give you a reward list related to what you can use.

Makes perfect sense to me...

no one will ever get a full list of lvl 26-28 gear based on their character.

THIS is the big issue of this year, not Reincarnation. Reincarnation happened SPECIFICALLY to distract people from itemization. They have NO intention of bringing things back to the way they were. I know this for a fact.

The people, actually scratch that, ONE person (who calls almost all the shots) thinks that the MotU items were too much too fast, and because of that and the shift toward augment slots, trying to find a balance with the old formula became untenable, so they did the lazy thing: they started over. All because they didn't want to work with some code they inherited. They thought they could do better. So far they have only failed.

Tome drops were decreased because the Quartermaster showed that they cut into tome purchases by veterans SIGNIFICANTLY.
    Last edited by Certon; 10-31-2013 at 12:14 PM.

I admit to also being a little disappointed in the loot changes (retributive, ghostabe, etc.) since Shadowfell and hope they can go back to an older style of loot. Like others have mentioned, scanning the auction house for various items has begun cumbersome because the names no longer show their full affect. Seem to be spending a lot of time thumbing through auction house pages instead of playing the game .

DDO the ghostbane of crucibled... What is even the point of DDO now
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

I am not sure what you are complaining about, there is a ton of great loot in the form of augments available in the store, and tomes too. Update 20 has a few secret quests *spoiler alert*: Prove your wealth, Delera's ghostly cash register, and my favorite Dollar assault where you open the store window and have to spend all of your TP on all the great pay-to-win stuff, in 3 mins, with optionals available such as "buy more TP" and "buy even more TP". Why even bother with the clearly junk loot that drops in "quests" now, these new store quests are where it at!! T
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    DDO the ghostbane of crucibled... What is even the point of DDO now
    I know.

Part of what hooked me on this game way back in the day was the phat lootz!

Sure it was mostly junk but on an occasion you found something crazy cool.

Heh i still remember running around with an inventory filled with every type of greater bane.

but these days you just run a quest 4-5 times for the named item then buy the rest off the auction house.

really not alot of unique or cool random gen loot to be had.

I realize in the past year they have really focused on overhauling the back end of the game.(enhancements, Destinies, Epic TR, augments, collectibles, and random loot) while letting the content kind of slide. I have hopes that all this is being done for the betterment of the game.

However lately after seeing a bit of the new TR system with epic past lives on top of the current loot tables I'm afraid for the future of this game.

Ive held a subscription for nearly 8 years and even kept it up while taking vacations from the game. I was the first completionist on my server back before there were guild buffs, tomes of learning, elite streaks, crafted gear. I walked uphill both ways in the snow for my completionist compared to how it is these days.

With the lack of communication from the powers that be and no set plan in place. I fear a dark storm may be brewing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast