I'm looking to collect some fighter past lives on a toon which I enjoyed playing as a Quarterstaff user. This is why I'd like to stick with these weapons for the fighter lives. The warpriest tree offers a nice option to improve damage and tactical DCs, namely Divine Might. The acrobat tree enhances the use of QStaves greatly. I'm deliberately opting for raw dps and tactics instead of monk moves/stances.
The design goals for that build are:
- Quarterstaff user for a 3rd Life build
- Fighter Past life (I honestly don't care if I end up with 7fgt/7rog/6 or 18fgt/2rog, if that should offer better choices).
- Good Stunning Blow and Trip DCs.
- Not a HOrc, since I don't have that race and I find them ugly.
Currently, think that 12 Fighter/7 Rogue/ 1 FVS is a good choice since it gives access to some very nice Str-boosts (DM, Power Surge) and has enough feats (7 at levels, 7 fighter, 1 human) to support the following feats:
Regular Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Stunning Blow, Great Cleave, THF, Dodge, Force of Personality, PL: Paladin.
Fighter Bonus Feats: WF, WS, GWF, GWS, and either ITHF or GTHF or CE and Improved Trip.
I'm tending towards Human for the Heal Amp and Extra Str when using action boosts (which this built will have plenty of).
(Dex and Int are odd since I have +3 tomes and starting with 11 unlocks dodge and CE at level 7)
1. What are other viable Kensei Acrobat builds? I know of the Big F'ing Stick thread, but it's a bit too unwieldy and unfocused for my specific goals.
2. Is human a good choice? Or should I go HElf with Pally Dilly?
3. Is Improved Trip worth spending 2 Feats?
4. Is +9 Str at level 9 worth sacrificing monk stances and moves?