Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default Do different sources of level drain stack?

    Just curious if different sources of level drain stack? Example concept is a Mystic Knight Gish build that has 6 levels of Wizard and invests enhancement points into acquiring the shroud of the Vampire. Shroud of the Vampire gives a level drain on a Vorpal strikes when in melee. Combine this with dual weilding Nightmare the fallen moons with Ruby of Endless night slotted for a total of 1-3 Level drain on a crit and 2 additional level drain on a vorpal. Does it all stack? Anybody Know?

  2. #2
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    I'm not sure, but you may want to wait and see if the proposed nerf of life drain weapons on lammania goes live before you start rolling this character up.

  3. #3
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I'm not sure, but you may want to wait and see if the proposed nerf of life drain weapons on lammania goes live before you start rolling this character up.
    This is the first I have heard of this nerf. What is the current change they made to it on Lammania?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    This is the first I have heard of this nerf. What is the current change they made to it on Lammania?
    Its a % chance (as in random?) to drain levels as to always drain on a critical to match the description of the text. BTW, why don't you go and read the Lamannia forums yourselves?

    Also, being a vampire is very dangerous; especially encounter cleric type monsters. You can be one-shot with searing light. Unless, you are saying that you're immune to light magic?

    With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

  5. #5
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Its a % chance (as in random?) to drain levels as to always drain on a critical to match the description of the text. BTW, why don't you go and read the Lamannia forums yourselves?

    Also, being a vampire is very dangerous; especially encounter cleric type monsters. You can be one-shot with searing light. Unless, you are saying that you're immune to light magic?
    Thanks for the info. I posted my query here because the thread was already on the subject so it seemed like the path of least resistance. Plus anyone else seeing the thread now knows how it works.

    I am well aware of the weakness in the shrouds towards light damage. I am also aware the vampire gets it the worst. However putting self heal on a melee build with a damage aura and also getting level drain on vorpals and a strength bonus to damage and self buffs seemed like it may be worth the risk. As I have not play tested it yet I can only speculate on the risk vs. reward.

  6. #6
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    Level Drain from any source does Stack, it even stacks upon itself (even the same source) - Example: Two Wizards both cast Level Drain on the same MOB, the MOB will effectively have lost the levels of both combined Spells.

    Now for the BUT:
    Negative levels regenerate at a rate of 1 level every 2 minutes. <- This is true for Player Characters, but not for MOBs

    At higher levels (Hard/Elite and Epics) the amount of time to recover from Level drain is significantly reduced. In some case like Epic Elite Energy Drain is simply used as a First Strike for damage as the -2 to saves per level are usually recovered in short order.

    So for Heroic and up to Epic hard, enervation/energy drain are good debuffs, but once you hit Epic Elite it is basically a First Strike mechanic.

  7. #7
    Community Member ka0t1c1sm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    536

    Default

    What were you planning for the other 6 levels? I was messing around with a 12Wiz/4Ftr/4Rog Pale Master/Eldritch Knight on Lamannia that was really fun and self-sufficient. Drow, base 18 DEX/14 CON/16 INT all level-ups in DEX, full trap skills, 2WF, weapon finesse, DEX to-hit/damage for daggers/kukris, evasion, wraith form for 25% incorporeality and 1d6 CON dmg on crit, AOE damage from Death Auras and Draconic ED abilities (Energy Vortex/Energy Burst/Dragon Breath), Venomed Blades, Spellsword, Eldritch Strike, extended self-buffs, and negative energy self-healing. I used the red slots on the Epic Midnight Greetings and Epic Phiarlan Spy Dagger to slot Nullification and Magnetism.

    Using the loot from the Test Dojo floor she was sitting on a 45 DEX, 24% Dodge, and a 51 reflex save. Not uber, but not too shabby either. Combine that with incorporeality and Displacement, she had no trouble with aura and burst self-heals keeping up while soloing on EN/EH.

    Probably not EE material on a first lifer, but still fun to play.

    EDIT: I know it's a little off topic, but just thought I'd post an option to Vamp form.
    Last edited by ka0t1c1sm; 11-04-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Morgulion Romenion Zandrine Zeldaryne The Order of Cygnus Sarlona
    Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2
    There are no bugs in this game, only unintended features.

  8. #8
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ka0t1c1sm View Post
    What were you planning for the other 6 levels? I was messing around with a 12Wiz/4Ftr/4Rog Pale Master/Eldritch Knight on Lamannia that was really fun and self-sufficient. Drow, base 18 DEX/14 CON/16 INT all level-ups in DEX, full trap skills, 2WF, weapon finesse, DEX to-hit/damage for daggers/kukris, evasion, wraith form for 25% incorporeality and 1d6 CON dmg on crit, AOE damage from Death Auras and Draconic ED abilities (Energy Vortex/Energy Burst/Dragon Breath), Venomed Blades, Spellsword, Eldritch Strike, extended self-buffs, and negative energy self-healing. I used the red slots on the Epic Midnight Greetings and Epic Phiarlan Spy Dagger to slot Nullification and Magnetism.

    Using the loot from the Test Dojo floor she was sitting on a 45 DEX, 24% Dodge, and a 51 reflex save. Not uber, but not too shabby either. Combine that with incorporeality and Displacement, she had no trouble with aura and burst self-heals keeping up while soloing on EN/EH.

    Probably not EE material on a first lifer, but still fun to play.

    EDIT: I know it's a little off topic, but just thought I'd post an option to Vamp form.
    I was still in the early idea phase for the build concept. But I was thinking something along the lines of Wizard 7, Monk 5, Fighter 8. Use the fighter Kensai enhancements to be centered while dual-wielding Khopeshes. Using the Shintao enhancement to bump up the proc rate of my off hand strikes when two-weapon fighting. Using Wind stance to increase my double strike chance. The 7 wizard levels gives you access to lesser death aura, death aura, Negative energy burst, and most of the good wizard buffs. I would probably play with it a lot more but I am not sure it is viable if they are nerfing level drain. May go on Lamannia and play for a bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload