Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member Certon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Westminster, California
    Posts
    762

    Default Through a Mirror Darkly End Rewards

    Through a Mirror Darkly End Rewards

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Through_a_Mirror_Darkly

    Those armor end rewards. They've got to be a joke! What do you guys think?

    Heroic (ML 16)
    Hero's Breastplate (Level 16) Medium Armor - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism (permanent)
    Hero's Leathers (Level 16) Light Armor - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism (permanent)
    Hero's Plate (Level 16) Heavy Armor - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism (permanent)
    Martial Outfit (Level 16) Outfit - Armor Bonus +7, Heroism (permanent)
    Outsider's Furs (Level 16) Docent - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism (permanent)
    Sage's Vestment (Level 16) Robe - Armor Bonus +7, Heroism (permanent)
    Epic (ML 27)
    Hero's Breastplate (Level 27) Medium Armor - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Hero's Leathers (Level 27) Light Armor - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Hero's Plate (Level 27) Heavy Armor - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Martial Outfit (Level 27) Outfit - Armor Bonus +12, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Outsider's Furs (Level 27) Docent - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Sage's Vestment (Level 27) Robe - Armor Bonus +12, Greater Heroism (permanent)

  2. #2
    Community Member kuro_zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    The min level are a bit high for what they offer. A blue alot in all of them would go a long way to make them more appealing, plus a yellow on the epic ones.

    Even still, they're competing with dragonscale armors and sets. It'll take quite a bit to dislodge them from best in slot.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

  3. #3
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Why is this game making spells persist as a way to add power to gear!?

    Perma GH is OP! and lazy! The Dev's are not thinking long term and....and I think need to be replaced.

    I am disgusted as to this games development over the past 4 years.

    A job is a job, but if it involves destroying a game, then either quit and make way for someone who cares or get with it please! This game is falling apart!
    Last edited by zDragonz; 10-30-2013 at 04:56 PM.

  4. #4
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Haste and Now GH, what is next Deathward?

    This Game is losing sight to what makes a good game and is just being lazy and is granting permanent spells.

    These ideas are making the game so easy to play and not fun.

    Being level 30 does not mean granting super hero powers! There has to be a challenge still!
    Last edited by zDragonz; 10-30-2013 at 05:08 PM.

  5. #5
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,817

    Default

    Brought to you by the peo0ple who came up with Ghostbane...which fixes everything, BTW...

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Being level 30 does not mean granting super hero powers! There has to be a challenge still!
    Heh. You're not real familiar with D&D are you?

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    I use it for when buying and selling from vendors, can't think of a quest where there's a lot of fear and dispel thrown about so no need to wear it in quests but it does have at least some use for me.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Haste and Now GH, what is next Deathward?

    This Game is losing sight to what makes a good game and is just being lazy and is granting permanent spells.

    These ideas are making the game so easy to play and not fun.

    Being level 30 does not mean granting super hero powers! There has to be a challenge still!
    Relax. Those rewards are garbage. Seriously, the only thing to use them for is what Ayseifn uses it for: buying and selling from vendors and pawn shops. Even if the rewards were good, the permanent greater heroism isn't that great or special.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Relax. Those rewards are garbage.
    I think you may want to buff up before next sarcasm check roll.

  10. #10
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Korea (temporarily)
    Posts
    5,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Perma GH is OP!
    LOL. How is it possibly OP? It's worth nothing except the trivial amount of plat it takes to purchase GH scrolls (or you can use GH potions, or GH clickies, or have a party member cast it on you).

    At high levels, I assume everyone has GH all the time anyway. Unless they are too lazy to bother.

    Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    and lazy!
    Lazy, sure. Perma-GH on an item would save me re-scrolling every 11 minutes. Though, being on an armor slot, I'd never use this one anyway; it's essentially worthless because of it's slot, not OP.

  11. #11
    Community Member badbob117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    964

    Default

    It is awful armor. Ugly armor and boring as all heck armor! whoever made this armor needs a lashing with a bamboo Cane until he smartens up! It is downright a slap in the face considering the pack was 30-50 bucks!

    Unfortunately, I do not think it is a joke. The devs who make loot have writers block or something when it comes to making anything new and cool. They seem to have forgotten that MMO's without cool unique loot are not worth playing, let alone paying for.

    If you have no imagination you should not be working on loot in a Dungeons and dragons game!
    Last edited by badbob117; 10-31-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Hey that armour is great! It saves me like 200 pp every 10 quests!

  13. #13
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,655

    Default

    GH for free on an otherwise decent set of armor wouldn't be something that I'd hate, but it certainly isn't something that I see as a special bonus unless Turbine starts making lots of Epic quests with Beholders and high DC Fear effects. Even then, it would only be a swap-in like the Silver Flame Necklace for HoX.

    I wouldn't mind if they made GH a Yellow Augment, though. There aren't a lot of things that people care about for Yellow slots, so maybe that would be a nice-to-have for that slot (although *certainly* not a need-to-have).
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  14. #14
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    GH for free on an otherwise decent set of armor wouldn't be something that I'd hate, but it certainly isn't something that I see as a special bonus unless Turbine starts making lots of Epic quests with Beholders and high DC Fear effects. Even then, it would only be a swap-in like the Silver Flame Necklace for HoX.
    I agree with this. The heroism and greater heroism aren't really bad to have on armor, it's just that the armor itself, with or without the heroism is just not worth it for the level. If the greater version was level 10 or 11 and the standard heroism version was level 2 or 3 then they might have some use in that level range. At the level they are at, they need at least some other ability or slot combination to compete. If there comes a time when I really, really need non dispellable GH, I'll come looking then, but it hasn't happened yet. Even then, I'm happier just casting GH from a scroll or Gird and tossing on an Ioun Stone to absorb the dispel.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    GH for free on an otherwise decent set of armor wouldn't be something that I'd hate, but it certainly isn't something that I see as a special bonus unless Turbine starts making lots of Epic quests with Beholders and high DC Fear effects. Even then, it would only be a swap-in like the Silver Flame Necklace for HoX.

    I wouldn't mind if they made GH a Yellow Augment, though. There aren't a lot of things that people care about for Yellow slots, so maybe that would be a nice-to-have for that slot (although *certainly* not a need-to-have).
    I tend to find a way to get fear immunity on all my characters. Most of the time, this is with a greensteel item (even if that item is only meant to be worn until L20). In the cases where the greensteel item is removed at L20, I have some other piece of gear with fear immunity augmented onto it.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Through a Mirror Darkly End Rewards

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Through_a_Mirror_Darkly

    Those armor end rewards. They've got to be a joke! What do you guys think?

    Heroic (ML 16)
    Hero's Breastplate (Level 16) Medium Armor - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism (permanent)
    Hero's Leathers (Level 16) Light Armor - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism (permanent)
    Hero's Plate (Level 16) Heavy Armor - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism (permanent)
    Martial Outfit (Level 16) Outfit - Armor Bonus +7, Heroism (permanent)
    Outsider's Furs (Level 16) Docent - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism (permanent)
    Sage's Vestment (Level 16) Robe - Armor Bonus +7, Heroism (permanent)
    Epic (ML 27)
    Hero's Breastplate (Level 27) Medium Armor - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Hero's Leathers (Level 27) Light Armor - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Hero's Plate (Level 27) Heavy Armor - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Martial Outfit (Level 27) Outfit - Armor Bonus +12, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Outsider's Furs (Level 27) Docent - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Sage's Vestment (Level 27) Robe - Armor Bonus +12, Greater Heroism (permanent)
    Welcome to shadowfail.

  17. #17
    Hero LOOON375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Argo
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    It wouldn't be bad at all, if they combined it with one of the available sets, and then gave a set bonus.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload