Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Good Thoughts

I'll add my "yea" for both the Iconic being able to choose a different class at level 1 and for the "dummy proof" points in a couple of replies earlier in this thread that I hadn't thought about. For example, having a "Oh, yes, I'd like to go back to the beginning" would be a good thing. The whole process is already a bit angst ridden (creating a good character takes time and it is "yours" so you want to do a good job) so having an "out" is nice.

On the Iconic thought, maybe the "easiest" route would be to give every Iconic a +1 Heart of Wood in every life. I wouldn't say this lightly, but only under the thought that they already a fair amount of money (whether through the pre-order or not). If that is too much for Turbine, might I suggest a highly discounted item? I have a ton of Iconics in play already and I would love to play them in different ways. Since they are "premium", adding a little bonus would be helpful.

I'm hoping to do quick review of the Iconic Race Trees soon as I have played them all now. Love the concept!

Community Member

I have to concur with previous posters. Definitely make Iconics able to take any class at level 1 rather than force a particular class. Thats pretty much the most annoying feature right now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    My brother is a locksmith, and a pretty good one at that. He can pick locks pretty well, crack open safes, and other things generally associated with the open lock skill. My neighbor is on the bomb squad. he is rather skilled at disableing dangerous devices before they kill him, and if he were a D&D character he would have a lot of skill in disable device.

There is no steal skill in DDO, so I have to assume you mean open lock and disable device as "thief skills," however, just like almost anything in the world, they have legitimate good lawful uses.

Here is somethign for you to ponder: How can a skill have morality? It is not the skill that is immoral, it is the person and how they employ the skill.
    Ok, first things first, I think you need to look back at post #58. It wasn't me that said Shadar-Kia must have a level in thief, yet for some reason you are all transfixed about me saying it.

Secondly, the definition of thief is one that steals especially stealthily or secretly; also : one who commits theft or larceny. Ok, your brother is a lock smith, and your neighbour is on the bomb squad. But what exactly are you trying to say? Did I say that having them skills make you evil or a thief?

Worldcrafter already presented a case for a LG thief, which I acknowledged and thanked him for. What I questioned was how a Shadar-kia can be lawful good. If you read up on the race and the shadow curse, you could probably understand where I'm coming from. The only explanation so far is when The Bearded Piker says "you've broken your chains". Sorry for being sceptical about it, especially after he stated not to worry, he'll keep Lolth busy whilst we go and get Ana.

I have done a Iconic Reincarnation into an Inconic again and a lesser Reincarnation with swapping out the first Iconic level, both worked fine but the "no skills displayed" error others mentioned too. That was a 2Paladin/18 Artificer Bladeforged into 2monk/18Artificer, lucky me paladins are lawful.

On an other character I did a epic true reincarnation followed by a heroic true reincarnation and both went without problems too. (First life pure paladin into 15paladin/3fighter/2monk)

Things I looked for: Kept my ED XPs and fate points, kept my tomes, skill tomes and learning tomes. I got the right values of skill points and HP/SP looked Ok to me too. Thanks for the event, was a lot of fun and a ton of clicking.
    Clever & Smart Agent - Pure Drow Mechanic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    You can provide us with feedback through these Forums. We're looking for feedback specifically on the reincarnation process but any and all feedback is always welcome.
    Just wanted to bump the idea for Epic TR of having a checkbox or some other way of indicating that we want to keep our current 1-20 build the way it is. Would be a huge time saver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Community Member

Default hi

when your are going to post rewards winners for Reincarnation Event

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by zlajaxx View Post
    when your are going to post rewards winners for Reincarnation Event
    As mentioned in the post they're doing the drawing today. Then they have up to 3 business days to notify the winners who then have 10 days to respond. So we might not know for about 2 weeks depending on how long people take to respond. (longer if someone doesn't respond and they have to pick another winner)

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    Just wanted to bump the idea for Epic TR of having a checkbox or some other way of indicating that we want to keep our current 1-20 build the way it is. Would be a huge time saver.
    /signed
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Thanks to everyone for coming out and taking a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Thanks to everyone for coming out and taking a look!
    So who won?

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    So who won?
    We'll probably never know...
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    So who won?
    This is DDO!

Everyone is a winner!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Default How will the winners be contacted?

How will the winners be contacted? Email or in game?

Quote Originally Posted by onecooldude12 View Post
    Email

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

You should not be concerned with it, its not you anyway.

Email and I won a epic heart of wood Lincolnlogs of Khyber and they hinted item will be delivered the 12th wink wink
    Last edited by wildcard1978; 11-07-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Community Member

Default oh come on you tight gits

So 2 First places, 5 second places and 5 third places.. really? i feel sorry for the few people that are not gonna get anything, just give everyone who took part a Epic heart of wood. Its a no brainer.

Community Member

Default bladeforged

are bladeforged class going to buyable now with patch 20?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345