Community Member

Default Monk Elemental Ki Strikes work with ki weapons?

Was unable to play for a while after U19, so I'm slowly resetting the enhancements on all my toons. I can't find out from forums or wiki whether the monk elemental ki strikes (fists of iron, unbalancing strike in particular) only work unarmed, or with any ki weapons (including longswords using WSS). Anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
    Was unable to play for a while after U19, so I'm slowly resetting the enhancements on all my toons. I can't find out from forums or wiki whether the monk elemental ki strikes (fists of iron, unbalancing strike in particular) only work unarmed, or with any ki weapons (including longswords using WSS). Anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi. Ki elemental strikes and special attacks work with all ki melee weapons. Special tactical strikes like Stunning Fist, work only while unarmed. Typically, the attack's description tells of an exception if there is one. Throwing stars are special; some attacks do and don't work--experiment and see.

One nice change: Quivering Palm now works while armed.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Community Member

Nice! Thanks. Looks like touch of death should work with weapons too then, as its got the same description ("ki melee attack") as the elemental strikes. (Makes sense, since dark monks are apparently shortsword and kama users now )