Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default (Error): Each member of your party must meet the requirements for this quest.

Okay Turbine.. Now I know us naughty chaotic and neutral characters brought this on our selves... After all we were doing Epics for Epic XP before we were suppose to..

BUT SERIOUSLY.. I can't zone into king's forest when everyone is above 20. Only once was due to a hirling. Now I understand coding is hard, and find a solution won't be easy.. but when you fill an entire raid (and Raid's can't have hirelings: so thank you to the other nice raid-member who finally got that through a DM's head... after about 10 minutes).

Can you seriously fix this? I understand the idea of a lvl 6 in party with someone who's 28 is a bad idea.. I mean, it's not like we can do separate quests and just be talking.. but no, the quest has to check EVERYone's level when ANYONE zones in.. how did you honestly think this would work out?
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadyKoneko View Post
    Okay Turbine.. Now I know us naughty chaotic and neutral characters brought this on our selves... After all we were doing Epics for Epic XP before we were suppose to..

BUT SERIOUSLY.. I can't zone into king's forest when everyone is above 20. Only once was due to a hirling. Now I understand coding is hard, and find a solution won't be easy.. but when you fill an entire raid (and Raid's can't have hirelings: so thank you to the other nice raid-member who finally got that through a DM's head... after about 10 minutes).

Can you seriously fix this? I understand the idea of a lvl 6 in party with someone who's 28 is a bad idea.. I mean, it's not like we can do separate quests and just be talking.. but no, the quest has to check EVERYone's level when ANYONE zones in.. how did you honestly think this would work out?
    Are these two seperate events, or are you talking about taking a raid group into King's Forest?

This is happing in 6 player quests, and non raid explorer areas too.

I was on my level 25 arty and couldn't enter the Wheloon explorer area, because my guildy was part of the group with his level 3 toon. I had to kick him from the group until I entered the area. Then invited him back to the group to BSing purposes.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Community Member

This is really frustrating. I am in a small guild and we group together while playing. We are constantly having to break group to go in, and even out of quests if they exit into wilderness. If other members are in a quest we have to slash death out of wilderness dungeons.

It's not just heroic / epic conflicts either. If someone is doing challenges they also have to drop group to get in if somebody in the party is too low to enter.

Turbine, please go back and fix this properly. The current solution is just a lazy bandaid and is seriously inconveniencing players.

I've also been griefed, or at least trolled by the incompetence of puggles, by one of them summoning a low level hire inside the quest, which prevents anyone else from entering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    I've also been griefed, or at least trolled by the incompetence of puggles, by one of them summoning a low level hire inside the quest, which prevents anyone else from entering.
    Well an easy way to fix that is with a "This hireling is too low level to summon here" error.

Which means I expect turbine to implement something that first checks the hireling's level, adds the amount of guild renown that character has, multiplies it by the amount of platinum on the player's account and divides the result by the total amount of favour the character has.

If it's an even number, the hireling is allowed in the quest, if not then the character is automatically logged out of the game.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    Well an easy way to fix that is with a "This hireling is too low level to summon here" error.
    Please no. Not until there's a better healer than Albus >20

Community Member

Yeah. This sucks. I group with my friend and sometimes we run different quests on different level toons. And have to regroup every time when one of us enter the new quest is at least annoying. Especially when he is running low level harbor quests that last around five minutes.

The chatting problem could be solved with a private channel, you know.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    The chatting problem could be solved with a private channel, you know.
    We have it as well. But we usually use voice. And I know we could use skype or something else but we are just used to on this. And I should stop using the word "use"

Now thats another matter. You COULD use an external voice prograjm, but it gets... complicated

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Now thats another matter. You COULD use an external voice prograjm, but it gets... complicated
    Yes I could. But that is not the point. The point is that something got "fixed" again. And it brings another consequences like problems with low level hirelings and impossibility to enter quests and wilderness areas.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    Yes I could. But that is not the point. The point is that something got "fixed" again. And it brings another consequences like problems with low level hirelings and impossibility to enter quests and wilderness areas.
    Yeah. While the idea of the fix was good the concequences were not.

sadly its the players fault that this even happened in the first place. always trying to find shortcuts in the game. really? its not that hard to get to 20 or 28. so why do people need to find the "short" methods. the only games i ever mod when i played games are single player games like skyrim, oblivion etc. i just don't see a need for these stupid things players constantly try to do. its rather pathetic.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    sadly its the players fault that this even happened in the first place. always trying to find shortcuts in the game. really? its not that hard to get to 20 or 28. so why do people need to find the "short" methods. the only games i ever mod when i played games are single player games like skyrim, oblivion etc. i just don't see a need for these stupid things players constantly try to do. its rather pathetic.
    Words. Say. Talk.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

This is a side benefit of using teamspeak, which I actually started using because DDO voice chat is so bad that I can't hear anyone. I've been through every setting in my computer and the game and can't fix it, so gave up and joined the third party chat programs. And this issue makes it even better, which should be a wakeup call to Turbine that their voice chat could use reworking. Maybe a guild chat in addition to party or something. The lack of limits in a room on TS also means no odd man out if you have seven friends online, for example.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    Ran into this in heroic Sands a few times shortly after that "fix". I don't expect Turbine to solve the problem with coding skills, but a heads up (say, in the release notes) would've been helpful.

Blame Hordo, he is a bad person. He managed to complete the shroud on a lvl 6 toon, I know this for I was there. He even got one kill! This terrible event must have completely broken the game and so steps were taken to bring us all back from the brink of destruction.. T
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    Blame Hordo, he is a bad person. He managed to complete the shroud on a lvl 6 toon, I know this for I was there. He even got one kill! This terrible event must have completely broken the game and so steps were taken to bring us all back from the brink of destruction.. T
    I know this is a joke, but out of curiosity -- what is the lowest level you know of to survive Shroud? Or just to enter Shroud?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I know this is a joke, but out of curiosity -- what is the lowest level you know of to survive Shroud? Or just to enter Shroud?
    This is no joke sir! It is fact and can be proven. T
    (well, I don't actually know if Turbine did what they did specifically due to Hordo, or for some other reason)
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast