Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U21 is going to be another...

Update 13: 3 quests.
    Update 14: Paid Expansion.

Update 18: 3 quests.
    Update 19: Paid Expansion.

Update 20: 2 quests.
    Update 21: Paid expansion... ?

We know U21 is a "fan service", licensed, classic FR module. It will include a raid. Is supposed to be "big top" content that the team was excited about.
    Glin posted previously that U20's content will be "free to VIPs", but left that clarification out when talking about U21.

What do you think? Will Turbine really go back to the well that soon? I personally was really disappointed in Shadowfell, as I think most were, would you buy it if so?

Community Member

Uh, actually, if you look at the pattern, the previous updates gave 3 quests before a major paid update. Update 20 is short 1 quest, so Update 21's going to make up for that, introducing 1 additional quest. Update 22 will be the Paid Expansion.
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

One more paid expansion will be a tipping point for me, I do believe.

I'm tired of paying VIP and finding turbine reaching into my wallet over and over again for the things I pay regularly to already supposedly get.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post

I'm tired of paying VIP and finding turbine reaching into my wallet over and over again for the things I pay regularly to already supposedly get.
    Anything like the last xpack should be a good indication to move on. I'm done paying for sub-par content.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

PAST:
    Updates 1-12: Good content
    Update 13: Free pre expansion quest pack
    Update 14: Expansion.
    Update 15: Premium quest pack
    Update 16: Premium quest pack
    Update 17: Old premium quest pack revamp
    Update 18: Free pre expansion quest pack
    Update 19: Expansion.
    Update 20: Premium quest pack

My guess:
    Update 21: Premium quest pack
    Update 22: Old premium quest pack revamp
    Update 23: Free pre expansion quest pack
    Update 24: Expansion.
    Update 25: Premium quest pack
    Update 26: Premium quest pack
    Update 27: Old premium quest pack revamp
    Update 28: Free pre expansion quest pack

After the last "expansion" I'm not sure Turbine will try that again for a while.

Community Member

Or maybe it'll go something like this:
    U21 - VIP will be allowed to include future expansion content for free, but will have to purchase existing expansions.
    U22 - Releases a series of adventures known as a "Quest Bundle." VIP must purchase this separately.
    U23 - VIP will be allowed to include future quest bundle content for free, but will have to purchase existing quest bundles.
    U24 - Releases a series of adventures known as a "Multipath Quest Arc." VIP must purchase this separately.
    U25 - VIP will be allowed to include future multipath quest arc content for free, but will have to purchase existing multipath quest arcs.
    U26 - Releases a series of challenges, known as "Heroic Trials." VIP must purchase this separately.
    U27 - VIP will be allowed to include future heroic trial content for free, but will have to purchase existing heroic trials.
    U28 - Re-release of heroic trial content, but made for epic levels, called "Epic Trials." VIP must purchase separately.
    U29 - VIP will be allowed...
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    After the last "expansion" I'm not sure Turbine will try that again for a while.
    Right, this time around metalline aligned weapons will rain from the skies, RWTD will be removed from the flagging loop, and endgame will be farming for 2 different +12 stat items.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Update 21 free to anyone that pays for it

Also we will be charged when they raise the level cap to 30.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    . . . and endgame will be farming for 2 different +12 stat items.
    What's awesome is we have two +11 stat items right now . . . mostly useful for DC casters . . . and DC casters are dead "allegedly" (they aren't) . . . and another quest that's a pain in the arse that drops a pair of boots . . . that everyone will will the permahaste feat anyway . . . so what's the point?

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Perma haste breaks the game!

Epic past lives with perma haste breaks the game.

In PnP haste was the most powerful spell and it aged our characters to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Past lives that grant perma haste. The elite J collar with 12 percent is OP and Monks that have it is OP.

To have a permanent spell( Haste) be persistent is Over P!
    http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&bi...6&tx=127&ty=70
    I don't like it!
    Last edited by zDragonz; 10-30-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    In PnP haste was the most powerful spell and it aged our characters to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then isn't it a good thing that this isn't D&D anymore?
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Perma haste breaks the game!

Epic past lives with perma haste breaks the game.

Past lives that grant perma haste. The elite J collar with 12 percent is OP and Monks that have it is OP.

To have a permanent spell( Haste) be persistent is Over P!
    http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&bi...6&tx=127&ty=70
    I don't like it!
    Guess you never heard of "Wish" or "Time Stop".

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden_freude View Post
    Guess you never heard of "Wish" or "Time Stop".
    Oh Time Stop is in the game...it's just mob only...we see it as "lag"...=P

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Wrong edition bro.

Use ur time machine to better goals than to digging up ancient game rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Update 13: 3 quests.
    Update 14: Paid Expansion.

Update 18: 3 quests.
    Update 19: Paid Expansion.

Update 20: 2 quests.
    Update 21: Paid expansion... ?

We know U21 is a "fan service", licensed, classic FR module. It will include a raid. Is supposed to be "big top" content that the team was excited about.
    Glin posted previously that U20's content will be "free to VIPs", but left that clarification out when talking about U21.

What do you think? Will Turbine really go back to the well that soon? I personally was really disappointed in Shadowfell, as I think most were, would you buy it if so?
    well unlike most that didn't learn their lesson from motu, I didn't buy shadow, still don't have shadow. I didn't even buy underdark until they made it 50% off. So they can do whatever they like with there expansions. They can even not include it on the store. Won't change the end result at launch lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post

If you bought update 14 then there's no real need for staying vip just for the free content as you'd probably own a lot of content gained with that purchase.
    Personally I'm thinking of going VIP just for some other perks.

Edit:
    And I rather have a paid big expansion instead of a free small one.
    Content is king.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    U21 is going to be another...
    I think the answer you’re looking for is:

“…just as disappointing as U19 was and U20 is shaping up to be.”
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Me, ill wait and see what comes, instead of being sure the next expansions are going to bring DOOM to the world.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

I enjoyed my run through of the Stormhorns and Wheloon content. But I ran it ...once. The Stormhorns area is really good looking but the game runs a little worse there. I guess because it's so big and the graphics might be more intense (idk). And I "lag" in most of the Wheloon quests with the mob density and the shadowfell-purple-vision. I haven't re-ran them because of all that, but I found the quests and wilderness areas to be nice for the most part. Also It's Faerun. I don't like to go to Eveningstar. I hate going to the Kings forest and running to quests, getting "the darkening". ugh. I do however enjoy the demonweb and CitW.

Just give us a U11 style pack PLEASE. Eberron setting, 3 quests, wilderness areas, 2 raids (even though they're not run much anymore), new class, a set of old epic loot was upgraded (house p), and more. Obviously it's not the next 2 updates, but after that, it'd be nice. Want to sell the pack? Add named augments to the quests.. heal amp, repair amp to name 2. For raid loot look to Abbot and Shroud for inspiration, and other raid items like torc and madstone boots that do very unique things. And Upgrade a set of old epic gear.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast