Community Member

Default Enhance your epic journey become a vip !

Dont you have to buy the two adventure packs to truly enhance your epic journey ?

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post
    Dont you have to buy the two adventure packs to truly enhance your epic journey ?
    Yup. Wonderful bit of advertising don't you think. Subscribe and pay for a month to a year of VIP access, attempt to run the quest(s) or area, find out you have to pay for these areas and quests.

Options are:

1. Realize that you have already paid a company $15-$99 for access to a game for content implied.
    (a) Fork over the extra cash to buy Turbine Points and purchase the two expansions. (Hey you spent a good amount on a sub, what's another $40-$50 to avoid making the sub a worthless purchase) *sarcasm*

(b) Kindly contact customer support and request a refund for your subscription. (Rare, but I have heard of instances of Turbine refunding sub costs in excess of a month) *Note - dont wait and/or play around in the game for a several weeks to a month before requested a refund.

(c) Take the VIP sub that you paid for and start the grind. VIP account status gives 500TP a month, combine that with the free TP you get for grinding quest Favor. Save up by running and leveling one or multiple toons. Use the built up TP to purchase the expansions from the DDO Store.

2. Complain on Forums, in chat, multiple service logs, etc. Make yourself look childish, get negative feedback and be trolled. Inspire the hand of doom for negativity from forum mods and departments within Turbine. Get banned for a short time, lose out on some of the sub cost you paid for. Come back and reassess option 1.
    (a) complain some more because you got banned. Stay your stance, keep up complaints and grief. Repeating step 2. Resulting in Perma Ban and lose all access, making your sub more of a free gift to the company.

You're quibbling over details. Words don't mean things, especially when it comes to people who want to try and squeeze more money out of their subscribers.

Webster is rolling over in his grave...

I suspect that for new players VIP holds quite a bit of value. Having all the (non-Iconic?) races & classes to choose from alone is nice. As for the expansion packs, they aren't hitting those levels in first week or two. Chances are, between favor their monthly VIP point stipend, they can get the first expansion by the time they're ready to run it, and same for Shadowfell. It's in the long term where VIP looses it's value.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Enhance your epic journey become a vip!

No! Thank you!
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Webster is rolling over in his grave...
    It turns out that Emmanual Lewis is still alive. I just checked the internets.

Most games charge for expansions even to those who have lifetime subs. That said Underdark was pretty much a expansion the 2nd so called expansion not so much.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by realism View Post
    Yup. Wonderful bit of advertising don't you think. Subscribe and pay for a month to a year of VIP access, attempt to run the quest(s) or area, find out you have to pay for these areas and quests.

Options are:

1. Realize that you have already paid a company $15-$99 for access to a game for content implied.
    (a) Fork over the extra cash to buy Turbine Points and purchase the two expansions. (Hey you spent a good amount on a sub, what's another $40-$50 to avoid making the sub a worthless purchase) *sarcasm*

(b) Kindly contact customer support and request a refund for your subscription. (Rare, but I have heard of instances of Turbine refunding sub costs in excess of a month) *Note - dont wait and/or play around in the game for a several weeks to a month before requested a refund.

(c) Take the VIP sub that you paid for and start the grind. VIP account status gives 500TP a month, combine that with the free TP you get for grinding quest Favor. Save up by running and leveling one or multiple toons. Use the built up TP to purchase the expansions from the DDO Store.

2. Complain on Forums, in chat, multiple service logs, etc. Make yourself look childish, get negative feedback and be trolled. Inspire the hand of doom for negativity from forum mods and departments within Turbine. Get banned for a short time, lose out on some of the sub cost you paid for. Come back and reassess option 1.
    (a) complain some more because you got banned. Stay your stance, keep up complaints and grief. Repeating step 2. Resulting in Perma Ban and lose all access, making your sub more of a free gift to the company.
    You missed another option.

3:Play a bit, see if you like it. If you don't, quietly move to another game that you may enjoy.

There is no need for hate and rage when you are just trying to have some fun. Really, you spent 15 bucks, that, a Cheep burger meal at a fast food joint and the gas to get there. It's not worth any of the agitation that some people seem bent on inflicting upon themselves.

Become a vip? Let me think...

Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.