Default Wheres the DDO Page Where You Can View Toons with Equipped Gear?

There was a page somewhere at DDO where you type the name of a toon and see stats and currently equipped gear. I can seem to find it now.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

Google "your DDO"

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Google "your DDO"
    Thank You Sir.

Wow I thought that was an official DDO thing but I guess its not. How do they do that I wonder? The page doesnt seem to work as well as it used to though, Items dont link for one. But still handy if you cant think of the name of "that thing equipped on that toon".
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

YourDDO exists, but it's poorly maintained and the info is usually months out of date. If you wanted to know what someone was wearing 6 months ago it's good though.

Community Member

I'd love to whip something up, but they're not giving out API keys anymore.

It was part of the compendium, which was nixed when they downsized the web department. Which does make sense. A useful, visually appealing, and informative website is paramount to attracting customers to a new game. Older games which people are already aware of... Not so much. So they focused money on development of the actual game, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapco View Post
    I'd love to whip something up, but they're not giving out API keys anymore.
    I don't think they have an employee maintaining the API anymore, so it's essentially in a zombie state. Shame - I'd love to have designed something to show them up (And go in my portfolio for my own selfish gains)

Default If you have been away for awhile...

You were looking for MyDDO. Turbine killed that because...well, because it only worked well for first life toons. Once epic destinies were released and your toon went above level 20, it completely borked out. Although, it borked out for various other reasons as well.

Today, all that is left is YourDDO which works but is often dated. YourDDO only survives by the grace of Turbine allowing the community access to metadata..

Quote Originally Posted by Zavier View Post
    Today, all that is left is YourDDO which works but is often dated. YourDDO only survives by the grace of Turbine allowing the community access to metadata..
    Certain members of the community. As with all web APIs, you need to be vetted and granted access with a key. Otherwise it'd just be begging for a DDOS attack, or SQL injection if it was poorly written. And we all know that's exactly what would happen.

Turbine, hire someone to start vetting developers, updating the API, and issuing keys again! I'm a full stack web developer if you're in the market. Lord knows I am.

Community Member

You were looking for MyDDO. Turbine killed that because...well, because it only worked well for first life toons. Once epic destinies were released and your toon went above level 20, it completely borked out. Although, it borked out for various other reasons as well.

I thought they took it out way before that.. People used to use it to avoid the ehm mm *cough* 0% 180 hp rogue at level 20 *cough*

And that wasnt nice.

Its much nicer and more polite to them to invite them
    Then all point at him and laugh with the whole party on
    Microphone

And then kick him out.

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Draxis View Post
    Certain members of the community. As with all web APIs, you need to be vetted and granted access with a key. Otherwise it'd just be begging for a DDOS attack, or SQL injection if it was poorly written. And we all know that's exactly what would happen.

Turbine, hire someone to start vetting developers, updating the API, and issuing keys again! I'm a full stack web developer if you're in the market. Lord knows I am.
    Thanks for clarifying my remarks!

Default The antics of days gone by...

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post
    I thought they took it out way before that.. People used to use it to avoid the ehm mm *cough* 0% 180 hp rogue at level 20 *cough*

And that wasnt nice.

Microphone

And then kick him out.
    Iirc it only showed what was equipped as of your last log-out rather than ATM. I seem to recall getting all decked out in Korthos gear prior to logging out just for that reason...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

I miss myDDO. I just used it for my own characters and kept blogs on what my builds were going to be next life, etc.

Every time I check YourDDO on my main character it's up to date. I got level 23 over lunch and it's showing her @ 23.

Gear icons would be nice. Main page says he's working on that part.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post

And that wasnt nice.

Microphone

And then kick him out.
    Hey! Stanli had 201hp! Otherwise, your description fits. (Stanli's 1st (rogue) life ended with a mercy TR.)
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

MyDDO was cool imo. And YourDOO was nice... then the item icons broke, then I am pretty sure it stopped updating back in June.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by schelsullivan View Post
    There was a page somewhere at DDO where you type the name of a toon and see stats and currently equipped gear. I can seem to find it now.
    If its to work out how there are so many 250 - 300 hps toons running around at level 6 - 8 that aren't con maxed dwarf barbarians (which i don't even think could have that many hps hehehe) Well lets just say they wont be any more after update 20.

In response to the OP, the official MyDDO pages are gone. Turbine decided too much maintenance and development time were involved in even attempting to keep them around. Sadly.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxis View Post

Any IP adress can be DDOS-ed and any data-transaction can be hijacked for malicious reasons.

If you ever wonder why you're not getting any commendations at the end of a raid... it's because someone in your party is cracking things up and stealing them from you.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.