Default Mabar Dragon Shortmanning

On a 26-30 summoning chamber instance, we were getting constantly the announcement "There are currently less than 16 players in this instance. At least 16 players are recommended for fighting the Spectral Dragon." We gave it a try anyway.

After the doors have been closed, we were 9 people in that instance. This left us at a skeleton crew of 1 per lever, 1-2 per altar.

With horror, we witnessed the announcement "In 15 minutes, the summoning ritual will dissipate and the Spectral Dragon will escape." when the dragon was at more than 50%. Slowly, but steady, we beat him down while he teleported from corner to corner. Then there was the 10 Minute announcement. And then the 5 Minute announcement. In the mean time, I had to abandon my lever to raise a person from another lever. Shortly after the 5 Minute announcement, we finally got the "The Spectral Dragon has been slain."

Thank you, Aelur, Caducea, Darkstaar, Helioblade, Gaery, Mushinzx, Tetrodox and Vadym for contributing to my most exciting and rewarding mabar experience this year. You did a really great job!
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 10-30-2013 at 05:50 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    On a 26-30 summoning chamber instance, we were getting constantly the announcement "There are currently less than 16 players in this instance. At least 16 players are recommended for fighting the Spectral Dragon." We gave it a try anyway.

After the doors have been closed, we were 9 people in that instance. This left us at a skeleton crew of 1 per lever, 1-2 per altar.

With horror, we witnessed the announcement "In 15 minutes, the summoning ritual will dissipate and the Spectral Dragon will escape." when the dragon was at more than 50%. Slowly, but steady, we beat him down while he teleported from corner to corner. Then there was the 10 Minute announcement. And then the 5 Minute announcement. In the mean time, I had to abandon my lever to raise a person from another lever. Shortly after the 5 Minute announcement, we finally got the "The Spectral Dragon has been slain."

Thank you, Aelur, Caducea, Darkstaar, Helioblade, Gaery, Mushinzx, Tetrodox and Vadym for contributing to my most exciting and rewarding mabar experience this year. You did a really great job!
    Great work!
    We had a similar experience and I know how good it feels to manage to get that signet in the end
    Yeela - Favored Soul Healer and Nuker
    Xylah - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Barbarian DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Aviya View Post
    Great work!
    We had a similar experience and I know how good it feels to manage to get that signet in the end

I had a smiliar experience in a lvl 16-19 instance. Not sure how many we had, but was definitely less than 16. I was on an altar with one other person (Neither of us healers, so I was drinking CSW pots like an alcoholic). I think we had one lever completely unmanned. We completed totally lag free.

Shortmanning does have it's benefits...no lag.