Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Good thread. Force/force burst of PG/bleeding. Lacerating was great. Biggest one I miss though is (2d6) holy of PG/bleed and holy burst of PG/bleed (holy burst being a bit of a pain to craft). Burst effects generally are greatly missed, especially since they made investing an entire feat for khopesh worth it. As others have said, 'pure' stat and skill items, and uncraftable stuff like smiting/disrupting/banishing (ML 10, no less). I also liked racially restricted items, a neat twist that could be pretty exciting to pull (my ML 8 paralyzing shortword for halflings only, for example. Festival icy bursted, of course!)

That said, I was happy to say goodbye to a lot of the middling stuff that was junking up the loot tables, especially when it was dropping at WAY too high a level to be useful (yes, ML 19 'X of invulnerability', I'm talking about you). Liked sun's fury and pandemonium, but some of the other 'named' ones were meh (tyrant, rebel, order).

Back to trying to figure out why Turbine thinks it's fun to have weapons that do more damage when you get missed than when you actually smack someone in the face with it...

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Improved Paralyzing!

I used to see it on the AH but not anymore. I'd love to get a Improved Paralyzing Repeater for my Mechanic and a Improved Paralyzing Two Hander for my battle cleric but can't seem to find these on any randomly generated items.

Community Member

Fully agree with the OP, what's sad is the Devs don't realize that this Lame of Funbane loot is a significant reason why DDO numbers are dwindling.

Couple Lame of Funbane with poorly designed named loot and you have a game that is getting itself in trouble.

I would call for it to be fixed ASAP, but shouldn't that have been done already, and shouldn't they have run a pass over the U19 named items already? Seriously Turbine needs to employ some of the players to help design the new gear, ohhhh hold on a second, there was plenty of constructive discussion about it on a Lammania, they got the help for free and completely disregarded it.

Anyone else feel like banging their heads on a table every time they loot a chest these days?
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    Convalescence of superior parrying. Never bothered getting one on my Jugg life as it wasn't really needed but now I'm a meatbag again it'd be very nice.
    This, all 3 flavors.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Default Guild slots

I miss Guild Slotted items, had to buy an oil of repair from store to fix my sorcs ring which has medium guild slot power.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

I hoarded some conv of parrying and convs of healing but running short of them now
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

I used to really enjoy riptide items, obviously combined with lacerating. I thought "chaotic" was an excellent prefix because it had a smaller "+" value than mere "cursespewing" and with a good suffix it was great. I was always on the lookout for a "chaotic" of "lacerating". But the thing I was actually searching for the most and never managed to buy was a robe or shield of spell proofing (which was spell absorption 5 or something). Robe/shield so you could switch when it run out. Omniscience was also great. Generally I find named armors lacking for some reason, is it just me that I don't like having dragon armors as the only viable late game choices?

Community Member

Lacerating and force/force burst at low levels, Pandemonium at high.

Fortunately for the metalline/PG/bleed/etc. I've got maxed crafting, at least until someone at Turbine remembers they forgot to "fix" it.

Honestly, I never cared for a lot of the effects- the crit-only damage ones never seemed to proc for me, and most bane weapons were too limited-use to bother with (and since 'evil outsider' doesn't quite cover endgame anymore..).

Supposedly we'll get some of these back in some nebulous future update. I'm not banking on the useful favorites though.

Obscenity.

Heal amp.

Radiance.

Frankly, I'm missing all of it.

Note to designers: Symmetry is great when you're talking about crystalline structures and snowflakes, but it sucks in item design. Everything SHOULDN'T be tiered to fit some formula.

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME FIXING WHAT ISN'T BROKEN. Add back in the items from MotU!

This is the problem with having geeks like us work on designing fantasy games: we want to create catalogs and references. We want to design things efficiently. Well, if you want it to feel fantastic, that's the OPPOSITE of what you should do. Things need to NOT fit nicely into a pattern. You don't want to find something at level 1, then find the exact same thing, only ramped up by a certain factor at level 28.

And finally, if item durability is how you're going to encourage people to get higher level items, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Greater Banes. Yes, I know devs said those are NOT coming back due to players' demand, but that's what I miss the most.

Night's Grasp

Rebel

Everything in post #9
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Clickies.

I went looking for a invis clicky some time back. There were none on the AH. That's when I realised I hadn't seen any non-named clickies drop in loot for a while.

Unhappy

Lacerating, Divine Light, Heavenly Wrath, Scintillating, Sun's Fury, Obscenity, Wintry.
    Lesser/Greater Convalescent, Major Luck.

I still don't understand why they destroyed the loot. So stupid.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Feather...
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5083769

2 months of vendor lootgen.

In addition: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5083769

Through 2 lives I have not seen these drop. Unless they are ML 22+
    Last edited by Luxgolg; 10-30-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Community Member

I have a +1 Metalline light repeating crossbow of pure good.
    I still have it set up on my lvl 25 arti's weapons set thingy with several different runearms.
    Have yet to find any crossbow that is better for general use.
    Situationally, of course there are crossbows that are far superior.
    And it's been a LONG time since I've seen any type of metalline/puregood weapon drop.

I miss heal amp and pandimonium the most

I wish there were sources of repair amp
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

And here I was just delighted that virtually every weapon and armour I loot now has 'riposte' on it. /sarcasm mode off

spellpower rings and helmets along with heal amp stuff. Repair amp would be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Clickies.

I went looking for a invis clicky some time back. There were none on the AH. That's when I realised I hadn't seen any non-named clickies drop in loot for a while.
    This. I was surprised when I threw a cloak w/ 3 invis charges on ASAH for 100 shards, and someone bought it.

Community Member

Radiance, would be nice to get one for my mechanic while i set about farming various items. just means more time for farm other bits than the shroud.

also have a soft spot for scintillating.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast