Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Come on, the answer to that is obvious. Take a break or quit. This isn't rocket science...

I'm amazed at people who expect a single game to entertain them FOREVER.

Haven't you guys ever finished a computer game before? Is this your first computer game ever?
    No, but one hopes that a game can continue to entertain as long as possible. I generally only play one game at a time (Monarchy/Evernight if anyone heard of it, followed by KoL, then this) with some other randoms mixed in like Nintendo or Skyrim or whatever. Of course each game won't entertain forever, but one hopes that it will. After someone has worked on a character for a long period of time, it's not easy to walk away, hence the asking "what else can I do to keep my interest here, where I have a product (character) I care about?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    I'm in his guild, and I can say that he speaks for more than just the guild. There are a whole slew of players who have done everything from beating the top quests in the game on EE, to triple completionist, to whatever, and are just wondering what is left to be done.

Everyone has their interests. I personally enjoy TRing, but am 1 life short of completionist. What do I do then? I have no interest in the so-called endgame. Rerunning the same 5 quests over and over again, in order to get raid loot which is mildly better than randomly generated loot? Some people enjoy that, some don't.

How I see it is that the question is what to do when you have accomplished everything the game has to offer, most of the other things don't interest you, and there is no clearly defined direction as to where the game is going in the future.

My suggestion to Krimson is to farm me some sagas cuz I wants them. (But really, I agree with everything he says, and wish I had a better answer on what to do)
    Nicely put. Since this has turned a bit to the Prognostication Realm, lets don our tinfoil hats. BTW glad he is in a guild of like minded peeps..

At some point, Turbine(WB) whoever, those that make decisions, will end this game. Reasons are:

1. it isnt making money.
    2. it is losing money.
    3. the players leave (which causes 1 and 2)
    4. they can't think of anything more to do.

Since F2P came out in mod 9, DDO has made a ton of money off players reaching for their credit card. Happy players equal playing players equal money for coffers.

there is a ton of things turbine can do to tank ddo. its almost pointless to try to dream how many ways they can make it worse.
    I want to concentrate on #4.

That is where all new content comes from. when the well is dry #4 kills the game.

we as players can:

1. Quit (useless)
    2. become active and promote the game, feeding suggestions and dialog (what we already are doing, sigh)
    3. do nothing.

The only thing I despair, is this game has since 2006 a huge amount of suggestions, already written down and well thought out, in this very forum!! How many actually get read by anyone?
    the programmers and devs that is?

i BET NONE.

Untill people running this game want to create new content, and willing to read and adapt and design, We are farting thru a paladin's full plate.

They could put team of devs hard at work reworking the old content to bring many new features to experience. Like random mobs, random rares, random quest locations, and random quest layouts! that would greatly enhance gameplay, but I fear not.

Your turn?

stupid pallies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    You're right, it's not a marriage, so stop acting like it's adultery if you run off and play some other game for a few months and come back and see if DDO made some changes you like or not.

Once again, I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about. I never implied anything remotely similar to "adultery".

You seem to think that since I decided to play a different game, that I'm somehow no longer allowed to post my opinions here. You're quite mistaken.

Blame me for pointing out the reality of the situation if you want, but I'm not the one that made it this way -- Turbine is.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 10-30-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furbitor View Post
    Your right.. I wasn't trying to reassure him. Assuming I am speaking down to anyone, no. that is a mistake. I put my pants on like everyone else. I too want moar.

My point was, if he isnt happy, try to look at what does. I aint telling him to quit. I aint telling him to change his toon. I aint telling mim squat. But I try to say hey put it out there.. say what you really want.

And I hope he doesnt end up alienating everyone in his guild for selfish behaviors.

So if that talking down.. my apologies.

this game is what you make of it.

furb

oh yeah Stupid Paladins!

lol. man I love when people make assumptions and know absolutely zero about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    You seem to think that since I decided to play a different game, that I'm somehow no longer allowed to post my opinions here. You're quite mistaken.

Blame me for pointing out the reality of the situation if you want, but I'm not the one that made it this way -- Turbine is.
    You know, I understand what you are trying to do here better then you think, and I guess maybe I responded harshly and that has made you put up this "oh I have no idea what you are talking about" type of responses, and we are both people, emotions, feelings, wants and desires, but over time, the course of year where I have seen the same things happen time and time again, so while I see the signs, I know what is happening, each person on the other end feels unique and special to the event, even if it something that I myself have witnesses many times, and I guess that spilled over to you, and you are most likely wondering the source of my brutal responses.

Allow me to show what I have seen in your posts, you said this.
    I never realized just how dull things had gotten around here, but now that I've seen the alternatives, I can't really see myself playing DDO much again unless some dramatic improvements are made. And that seems unlikely, as WB/Turbine appear unwilling to make the investments required to make DDO a viable concern again.
    Ok, well, at this point, it's just some gray "feelings" nothing concrete, nothing special, just this ambient "You conflicted and might feel it's time to move on" this indecision you are playing at is not really indecision, it's seeking something more then just letting us know you have some new pretty game.

As I see it, that seeking is either: For someone to tell you that you are special, needed, important and should not leave OR to validate your feelings that the game sucks and we should all leave with you.

Well, if you have been paying attention to any posts so far, you should know better then to expect anyone here to join you out the door, if someone was going to leave, they would have left already, and thus would not be around to validate your feelings or decision by joining you, equally so, no one is going to leave because you said something. If anyone leaves this game it is because they were personally tired of the game.

If you were looking for someone to ask you to stay, then anyone could have told you that General Discussions is the wrong place to do it, you would be better served to post up some Good-Bye or "I'm tired of the game" post on your personal servers sub-forums where the people most likely to have played with you read your commentary, maybe offering a reason why you are leaving, perhaps give away your digital baubles, as a sign of good-will as you walk out the door, and you would get people saying they will miss you, or that it was a sad day to see you go and the like.

But to come to general to just say "Oh the game has lost it's shine in my eyes", meh, what do you think you're going to get? The people who enjoy playing the game will tell you to sod off you cry baby, and the people who perpetually criticize the game have developed exacting and concise reasons for it, however, both groups however will gladly throw you out the door if you are unhappy here.

So, I gave you best I could, told you, if you are unhappy playing a game, then move on. The biggest mistake you will make is playing this game long after you should have quit, but feel free to make that mistake if you think that will make happy.. as odd and convoluted as that sounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Come on, the answer to that is obvious. Take a break or quit. This isn't rocket science...

I'm amazed at people who expect a single game to entertain them FOREVER.

Haven't you guys ever finished a computer game before? Is this your first computer game ever?
    Customers providing feedback arent automatically being extreme where they should quit because they think one aspect of the game should be better. In fact, ive outlasted most of the folks who have quoted me and told me to quit if I dont like it over the years, when I provided feedback that a specific aspect of my gaming experience would be better if ______________________. There are quite a few times when the company responded with something that was close to that feedback as well, which made the game better, even for those telling those of us providing the feedback to quit if we dont like it.

MMOs arent a typical computer game. They are a community centered around a persistent virtual world. They dont fall into the same class as skyrim where you get to the end and shelve it for a year before you take it out and play it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Furbitor View Post

stupid pallies

Did I start a trend here?

It's been a while, last time was when I invented the question mark.

Community Member

It's become clear to me over the last couple of weeks that there are only two reasons people keep playing this game: they aren't aware of just how poorly-managed and stale this game has become, or they know, but either love the playstyle so much that they put up with it, or are too emotionally invested in their "progress" to move on to something else. I suppose some just play to be with friends or guildies as well -- at least until they leave.
    ...more stuff....
    You forgot the fact that maybe they haven't played all the content yet...such as me...2 years in the game and still have not done all quests, all raids or played more than 3 classes. Some people just enjoy the journey instead of racing to the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Did I start a trend here?

It's been a while, last time was when I invented the question mark.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

As I see it, that seeking is either: For someone to tell you that you are special, needed, important and should not leave OR to validate your feelings that the game sucks and we should all leave with you.
    I'm not sure what gave you the impression that I was looking to be psychoanalyzed over the Internet. I assure you that I was not.

This is a forum, and I am discussing the subject of a thread. I'm not "seeking" anything, nor asking anyone to ask me to stay. I'm conveying my disappointment, shared by many, that I've been pushed into leaving a game I enjoy inherently because of extremely poor management.

Well, if you have been paying attention to any posts so far, you should know better then to expect anyone here to join you out the door, if someone was going to leave, they would have left already, and thus would not be around to validate your feelings or decision by joining you, equally so, no one is going to leave because you said something. If anyone leaves this game it is because they were personally tired of the game.
    It's amusing how some people believe they can decide what other people think. Even more amusing how wrong they usually are.

I don't care if anyone here stays or leaves. I do want to encourage people to not get trapped into thinking they have to stay in one place even if they are unhappy. Nor to settle for less if they feel they aren't getting their money's worth.

And sure, people leave if they get tired of a game. The question is why they get tired of the game. People who stay with a game very much want to believe that those who leave did so because they were personally burnt out. But that's not always true, and in my case, most certainly isn't.

If Turbine were doing now what they were doing in 2011 when I joined, I'd have no interest in any other game. If I'm tired of the game it's largely because the company that runs it has done a poor job of keeping my interest. It's not that I've done it all and have nothing left to do entirely. It's just that it's abundantly obvious at this point that Turbine is phoning it in, and if the game is now to be entirely about TRing, the point where I would have nothing to do can't be far off. Many others have come to the same conclusion.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 10-30-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Nothing has changed in the way Turbine manages DDO since 2009 when I started playing.

There is no better D&D MMORPG than DDO, Neverwinter was a big disappointment and a waste of potential so we have to stick with DDO until the Messiah comes.

Community Member

Nothing has changed in the way Turbine manages DDO since 2009 when I started playing.
    You're entitled to your opinion. My guess is that many people won't agree with it. Even comparing the expansion last year to the "expansion" this year makes pretty clear what's going on.

You're entitled to your opinion. My guess is that many people won't agree with it. Even comparing the expansion last year to the "expansion" this year makes pretty clear what's going on.
    I'll say good bye and thanks for playing now in case I quit out boredom before you decide to actually leave.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Master cortez, i assume you do know that the ones that believe they are on a holy crusade are not the "fanbois", but rather the paladins of doom.
    Thought those are black guards? An unholy crusade...........................fan boi paladins are too busy being on their knees and keeping their mouths busy to go on any crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Customers providing feedback arent automatically being extreme where they should quit because they think one aspect of the game should be better. In fact, ive outlasted most of the folks who have quoted me and told me to quit if I dont like it over the years, when I provided feedback that a specific aspect of my gaming experience would be better if ______________________. There are quite a few times when the company responded with something that was close to that feedback as well, which made the game better, even for those telling those of us providing the feedback to quit if we dont like it.

MMOs arent a typical computer game. They are a community centered around a persistent virtual world. They dont fall into the same class as skyrim where you get to the end and shelve it for a year before you take it out and play it again.
    Well just make sure any feed back you give on the forums is full of glowing praise and the holy ones will say on their knees and leave you in peace..............diverge from this however...............
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-30-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Don't worry, the all-is-fine fanbois will be here soon to tell us we all play DDO wrong and everything is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    This rat cage needs a new wheel for me to run on.
    Only read this far into the thread, and the question immediately jumped at me:

What kind of wheel do you want to run?

Asking honestly. You've got your top notch character you want to play with, so how do you want to play with it? Are you wanting to explore brand new quests on a weekly or monthly basis? I noticed the "do they expect me to solo Sagas" I the OP, do you help other peope meet their goals now that you've met yours? Are you a dedicated soloist? How would you like to be entertained during your time in the game?

Ok, off to read the rest of the thread...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Only read this far into the thread, and the question immediately jumped at me:

What kind of wheel do you want to run?

Asking honestly. You've got your top notch character you want to play with, so how do you want to play with it? Are you wanting to explore brand new quests on a weekly or monthly basis? I noticed the "do they expect me to solo Sagas" I the OP, do you help other peope meet their goals now that you've met yours? Are you a dedicated soloist? How would you like to be entertained during your time in the game?

Ok, off to read the rest of the thread...
    To be honest I miss having a choice of raids that were challenging and allowed guilds/friends/new players to come together in large groups. The social aspect often centered around the raid. You'd learn, teach, experiment, show off your skills and just enjoy good company. That aspect is missing and has been since the lvl 25 increase.

Community Member

what I do at end game:

Master EE's. Beating EE's is what I play for. Getting gear is an importand part of play, grinding for mats and stuff, but I play for beating the hard content.

I am not a soloer, and I probably still can't solo EE's, at least not any hard ones. But in small groups of 2-3 players, using my skills, USING all that gear I worked so hard for, that is what I love doing.

And I play 3 vastly different characters. Only one is finally nearing lvl 28, because I have not been grinding out XP, rather I have been leveling them up doing less, but harder content.

And I don't believe for a second all those "This game is so easy I beat everything already". I actualy know a few players who can solo everything on EE, but these are few and far between and the only reason they CAN, is becasue they have all the gear and a deep KNOWLEDGE of every quest. They spent time learning every quest and HOW to beat it. They spent time building and optimizing their builds and know how to play their toons very very well.

I have found duoing or trioing EE content strikes a great balance between boredom, zerging, playing-with-friends-without-having-too-large-a-party and FUN.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Thought those are black guards? An unholy crusade...........................fan boi paladins are too busy being on their knees and keeping their mouths busy to go on any crusade.
    There can be no blackguards, since everybodys a paladin in his own eyes. Just pointing out that the only ones on a crusade are the ones that bash turbine. Whether for a reason or not. The rest are merely defending, and you cant crusade without attacking.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast