Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    353

    Default

    It sounds like you're burned out. Give the game a break for a month or two and do something else. Then if you feel the desire to play the problem is solved and you can play again or else you can move on to something else for good.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    I keep playing because I'm a D&D fan. Always have been.
    I am too. But if my DM tried to charge me every month to play the same adventures over and over again, I probably wouldn't be.

  3. #23
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden_freude View Post
    What was the point when the cap was 12? Or 16? Or 20?
    We had raids then. And epics if you were up for it.

    Changing the grind focus from gear to pretty much nothing but XP for the sake of XP is what is killing it.

  4. #24
    Community Member Rakuda13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I am too. But if my DM tried to charge me every month to play the same adventures over and over again, I probably wouldn't be.
    I dont pay anything, I have paid around $100,and now i don't have to spend anymore.

    Actually grinding for TP is sort of fun and gives me a reason to play,if i had everything handed to me such as VIP i would be sort of bored.

    Everytime I earn a new pack I get a sense of actually doing something.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    But if my DM tried to charge me every month to play the same adventures over and over again, I probably wouldn't be.
    What? You never had to pay the Mountain Dew and Doritos tax before another predictable hack-n-slash would get under way?
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

  6. #26
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    It's become clear to me over the last couple of weeks that there are only two reasons people keep playing this game: they aren't aware of just how poorly-managed and stale this game has become, or they know, but either love the playstyle so much that they put up with it, or are too emotionally invested in their "progress" to move on to something else. I suppose some just play to be with friends or guildies as well -- at least until they leave.
    The biggest mistake that players make is playing a game long after they should have left.

    If you have found a better game, move on to it, you are not doing yourself or anyone else any favors hanging around around here lamenting about how bad the game is, Right now, you are drinking poison expecting other people to die from it.

    Go fill your days with the game you have found fun, if that is not here, then so be it.

    I would ask for your stuff but you don't play on my server and I wager that I already have better.

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    Actually grinding for TP is sort of fun and gives me a reason to play,if i had everything handed to me such as VIP i would be sort of bored.

    Everytime I earn a new pack I get a sense of actually doing something.
    That's great then! I agree that one way to have fun in a game is to restrict oneself in that manner, it's one reason I never bought "stones" and rarely used XP pots. I only went VIP because there are few enough quests without having to not be able to run some of them. Plus I wanted to support the game, which when I started was worthy of financial support.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    If you have found a better game, move on to it, you are not doing yourself or anyone else any favors hanging around around here lamenting about how bad the game is, Right now, you are drinking poison expecting other people to die from it.
    I really don't know what that's supposed to mean. This isn't a marriage; I don't have to divorce one game when I start playing another, and I still have some small hope that Turbine will make the necessary changes.

  8. #28
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I really don't know what that's supposed to mean. This isn't a marriage; I don't have to divorce one game when I start playing another, and I still have some small hope that Turbine will make the necessary changes.
    The number one reason players continue to play a game is the people. Players will stay on a sinking ship of a game if their friends are there with them still enjoying their time playing while understanding that time may or may not be limited depending on the plan the company has for the games future. Customers providing feedback about what they dont like and what they would rather see in a game they play is not alarming to those who understand the argument of degree, and how someone can like aspects of the game itself but ask for it to be improved in other aspects. Those who see it as an absolute, you either like the game or you dont, will be alarmed when customers provide negative feedback, because they fail to see the huge gray area between the black and the white.

  9. #29
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,366

    Default

    All is fine with DDO.

    You are playing it all wrong.

    Suck it up, buttercup!

  10. #30
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I really don't know what that's supposed to mean. This isn't a marriage; I don't have to divorce one game when I start playing another, and I still have some small hope that Turbine will make the necessary changes.
    You're right, it's not a marriage, so stop acting like it's adultery if you run off and play some other game for a few months and come back and see if DDO made some changes you like or not.

  11. #31
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    All is fine with DDO.

    You are playing it all wrong.

    Suck it up, buttercup!
    Good minion, have a cookie.

  12. #32
    Community Member Furbitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    Use it to do what is the question.
    Hmm. So you played your character for 3 years.. and now your putting on a show you don't have anything to do. Your insistence of not playing another character or tring your toon suggests
    you don't want to play any low level (anything up to your current level) content.


    So lets just put the cat outa the bag. Your bored. And you only want to play in quests at the far end of the exp curve. Thats a problem. One of the basic constants of playing at the end is it has an end.

    so you really are asking?(demanding) more quests and content at level cap(pushing the end further away) that you don't want to pay for(cause your VIP).

    Well chill dude. I am sure moar quests are coming soon. I shudder at the thought of how your guildies (if your in one) react to your playstyle demands.


    I once gamed with a man who refused to play anything other than one character. And he also wanted to run only new content. Till everyone was puking sick of it. Then he complained of not having anything to do as he wouldn't game with anyone else with any of the older content.

    Wanna know what happened? He been playing since 2006 and he is still here, he is still guild leader, and he runs alone ALL THE TIME. the few ppl he has left talk in teamspeak, and leaves everyone out of the conversation..

    In otherwords he might as well go play a different game.

    My suggestion to you, is to look what pulls you to this game, and look to guildies to make it stronger. have fun! be patient. dont be like my ex-guild-leader.

  13. #33
    Community Member Furbitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Dang almost forgot... Stupid paladins....

  14. #34
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furbitor View Post
    Well chill dude. I am sure moar quests are coming soon. I shudder at the thought of how your guildies (if your in one) react to your playstyle demands.
    He's in a guild of top end players, and as it stands, I bet they too are getting bored of the lack of an "end game" in DDO, and if they do not follow a dozen media outlets and read the forums, they would not know what is planned or not planned, only what it happening, and sadly, that is not much in regards to the "end game" to say the least.

    There has been very little to do at the "end game" this year so far, and even players that enjoy a mix of TR and end game, have from my sampling found the 20+ game to be lacking, even with 2 raids, the main problem at this point is there is little to work for as well, in the old end game, (Pre MotuD) there was epic items, which were not only in some cases grueling quests, the drop rate was very limited, this grind, while a grind for the sake of it to keep players occupied, in the time immediately following MotuD there was the ED grind to occupy players, but these long in some cases laborious grinds also established a specific kind of clientele that played their end game, and lets be honest here, that client base is not being appeased with the current changes.

    So while a lot is planned, unless they are informed as to what it is, they only have what has been done, which sadly is not appealing to a good chunk of the end game players, so, telling someone to chill with no info, or just to have faith, is a very hollow comfort and offers them nothing. If you want to reassure someone, inform them of what is coming to the best of your ability, otherwise you're just speaking down to them, and lets be real here, no one likes that.

  15. #35
    Community Member Furbitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    so, telling someone to chill with no info, or just to have faith, is a very hollow comfort and offers them nothing. If you want to reassure someone, inform them of what is coming to the best of your ability, otherwise you're just speaking down to them, and lets be real here, no one likes that.

    Your right.. I wasn't trying to reassure him. Assuming I am speaking down to anyone, no. that is a mistake. I put my pants on like everyone else. I too want moar.

    My point was, if he isnt happy, try to look at what does. I aint telling him to quit. I aint telling him to change his toon. I aint telling mim squat. But I try to say hey put it out there.. say what you really want.

    And I hope he doesnt end up alienating everyone in his guild for selfish behaviors.


    So if that talking down.. my apologies.

    this game is what you make of it.

    furb

    oh yeah Stupid Paladins!

  16. #36
    Community Member NXPlasmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    I can't speak on the new content because I refused to buy another so called "expansion pack" as a 4 year VIP. The deal said I'd get access to all new content. Apparently That wasn't the case.

    With that said. What am I supposed to be doing now at cap? Running sagas "solo" till my eyes bleed to get chance at the same two skill tomes over and over? I don't understand the point anymore.
    I've got 7 lives behind me, plenty of "stuff" and no desire to be a completionist. My guild is maxed so renown farming is useless. So I ask again. Now what? What is the turbine grand plan for people like me?
    Should we just slowly fade away lacking anything to do except TR?
    I know some will say "start a new toon". I don't want another alt. I want to be able to use the character I spent the past 3 years building. Use it to do what is the question.
    Why are you a hamster wheel h8r?
    On Khyber: Tchopstick, Tablespoon, Pspoon, Tsirio, Silvr, Ladle, Forq, Sporkk, Tspatula

  17. #37
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    The replay value of this game literally comes from replaying. Play new and unique flavor builds instead of trying to Min/Max TR for the upteenth billion time and you'll have fun.
    This is true.... Playing the game as a wizard is very different than playing it as TWF ranger/rogue. This is why I've yet to be bored after 7 years... I have 6-7 alts... 3 main characters.

    But if you only want to play 1 single character, and you play a lot, then it IS possible to to "win" an MMO. You've done it all... Take a break and come back later when they release new content.

    This is true of all MMOs. This is true of all computer games. You cannot reasonably expect to play the same game every night for YEARS and not get a little bored at some point...

    Trick is to change it up... I take week breaks all the time from DDO and play Left4Dead or Battlefield, or Mafia 2 or Max Payne 3 or even good old Civilization.


    Edit: None of the above excuses Turbine for not creating more of an "end-game" for hard-core players... They should make it possible (but hard) to update epic loot to level 28, and there should a few raids with rare named items as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  18. #38
    Community Member NXPlasmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We had raids then. And epics if you were up for it.

    Changing the grind focus from gear to pretty much nothing but XP for the sake of XP is what is killing it.
    Shield h8r
    On Khyber: Tchopstick, Tablespoon, Pspoon, Tsirio, Silvr, Ladle, Forq, Sporkk, Tspatula

  19. #39
    Community Member Sarzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furbitor View Post
    Your right.. I wasn't trying to reassure him. Assuming I am speaking down to anyone, no. that is a mistake. I put my pants on like everyone else. I too want moar.

    My point was, if he isnt happy, try to look at what does. I aint telling him to quit. I aint telling him to change his toon. I aint telling mim squat. But I try to say hey put it out there.. say what you really want.

    And I hope he doesnt end up alienating everyone in his guild for selfish behaviors.
    I'm in his guild, and I can say that he speaks for more than just the guild. There are a whole slew of players who have done everything from beating the top quests in the game on EE, to triple completionist, to whatever, and are just wondering what is left to be done.

    Everyone has their interests. I personally enjoy TRing, but am 1 life short of completionist. What do I do then? I have no interest in the so-called endgame. Rerunning the same 5 quests over and over again, in order to get raid loot which is mildly better than randomly generated loot? Some people enjoy that, some don't.

    How I see it is that the question is what to do when you have accomplished everything the game has to offer, most of the other things don't interest you, and there is no clearly defined direction as to where the game is going in the future.

    My suggestion to Krimson is to farm me some sagas cuz I wants them. (But really, I agree with everything he says, and wish I had a better answer on what to do)

  20. #40
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    How I see it is that the question is what to do when you have accomplished everything the game has to offer, most of the other things don't interest you
    Come on, the answer to that is obvious. Take a break or quit. This isn't rocket science...

    I'm amazed at people who expect a single game to entertain them FOREVER.

    Haven't you guys ever finished a computer game before? Is this your first computer game ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload