Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Use it to do what is the question.

I can't speak on the new content because I refused to buy another so called "expansion pack" as a 4 year VIP. The deal said I'd get access to all new content. Apparently That wasn't the case.

With that said. What am I supposed to be doing now at cap? Running sagas "solo" till my eyes bleed to get chance at the same two skill tomes over and over? I don't understand the point anymore.
    I've got 7 lives behind me, plenty of "stuff" and no desire to be a completionist. My guild is maxed so renown farming is useless. So I ask again. Now what? What is the turbine grand plan for people like me?
    Should we just slowly fade away lacking anything to do except TR?
    I know some will say "start a new toon". I don't want another alt. I want to be able to use the character I spent the past 3 years building. Use it to do what is the question.

This is a painful question no doubt.

Glin, had made mention that the current "end game" was TR focused till they get the level cap to 30th and start rebuilding the raid end game then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    This is a painful question no doubt.

Glin, had made mention that the current "end game" was TR focused till they get the level cap to 30th and start rebuilding the raid end game then.
    So there's a plan in play and I just need patience then?

That's a great question and one the community has been asking for a while now.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    Yes. In fact Glin talked about 2 new raids are planned for year, one which involves a Dwarven Hold, or something, which will be level 30, the level cap raise will be implemented by then too (I think, That was a little fuzzy), they have put in Epic TR and Iconic TR. which, Iconic TR allows for a Gender Change According to twitter by Glin, so there is this TR system they are putting in to placate the players.

They have a long term plan in place, I mean, I would wager the plan needs work and revision, which hopefully will happen as it progresses, but there is a plan.

I know, that does not make for a fun game right now tho, and I am sorry for that.

I can't speak on the new content because I refused to buy another so called "expansion pack" as a 4 year VIP. The deal said I'd get access to all new content. Apparently That wasn't the case.

With that said. What am I supposed to be doing now at cap? Running sagas "solo" till my eyes bleed to get chance at the same two skill tomes over and over? I don't understand the point anymore.
    I've got 7 lives behind me, plenty of "stuff" and no desire to be a completionist. My guild is maxed so renown farming is useless. So I ask again. Now what? What is the turbine grand plan for people like me?
    I know some will say "start a new toon". I don't want another alt. I want to be able to use the character I spent the past 3 years building. Use it to do what is the question.

Stop being so angry!

u20 is almost here - and it's FREE TO ViP!!!!

It's got a massive 2 quests, with no loot worth farming for. Should give you PLENTY to do at level cap.

I really can't understand the negativity - Turbine is clearly looking out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    That's a great question and one the community has been asking for a while now.
    Don't worry, the all-is-fine fanbois will be here soon to tell us we all play DDO wrong and everything is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Don't worry, the all-is-fine fanbois will be here soon to tell us we all play DDO wrong and everything is wonderful.
    Oh, i wouldnt contadict one of the all-knowing paladins.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Stop being so angry!

u20 is almost here - and it's FREE TO ViP!!!!

It's got a massive 2 quests, with no loot worth farming for. Should give you PLENTY to do at level cap.

I really can't understand the negativity - Turbine is clearly looking out for you?
    Ooh, I almost failed my sarcasm check, there.

That was a close one.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

The replay value of this game literally comes from replaying. Play new and unique flavor builds instead of trying to Min/Max TR for the upteenth billion time and you'll have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    The replay value of this game literally comes from replaying. Play new and unique flavor builds instead of trying to Min/Max TR for the upteenth billion time and you'll have fun.
    True. This is why i never plan my toons. They just grow, sometimes rather twisted, though.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Stop being so angry!

Yes, infidels! Behave!

The Holy Beloved Turbine is watching you!
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Master cortez, i assume you do know that the ones that believe they are on a holy crusade are not the "fanbois", but rather the paladins of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Recently, the gas-on-fire doombois have beaten them to the punch in their hurry to tell us we all play DDO wrong and everything sucks large

Might I suggest until this new end game arrives, you TR again into your favorite classes that you have run? They can only make you stronger unless you already have 3 lives of that class behind you.

Community Member

What was the point when the cap was 12? Or 16? Or 20?

What do the WoWers do when they've beaten the latest raid and have all of the toys?

If the goal isn't about just having fun, I guess you're screwed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden_freude View Post
    What was the point when the cap was 12? Or 16? Or 20?

What do the WoWers do when they've beaten the latest raid and have all of the toys?

If the goal isn't about just having fun, I guess you're screwed.
    Just thought I would throw an answer to this one. At 12 and 16 there were plenty of different raids to do and I would say enough quest content for max lvl at the time. The last year though has left a bad taste with minimal content to run and 1 new raid only.

In short at 12, 14, 16 and 20 the end game was allready in place before the cap raise each time. For the 1st time the end game is missing but the cap has still been pushed up.

Now as to a solution for this the only things I can recommend is taking a break, Tring/creating a new toon or running the minimal content available till more is released.

Personally I'm hoping that update 21 will be large enough to fill the current void (crosses fingers).

Community Member

It's become clear to me over the last couple of weeks that there are only two reasons people keep playing this game: they aren't aware of just how poorly-managed and stale this game has become, or they know, but either love the playstyle so much that they put up with it, or are too emotionally invested in their "progress" to move on to something else. I suppose some just play to be with friends or guildies as well -- at least until they leave.

I was in the first category until the recent exploitapalooza prompted me to look around a bit. I had convinced myself that it wasn't just repetition to run the same quests over and over again as long as I did it with different builds And it's true that a quest plays differently as a fighter than it does as a wizard. But it's still just the same quests over and over, and there's literally nothing else of any value to do in this game -- the crafting system is okay but obsolete, there's no meaningful PvP, and little in-game social interaction aside from questing or hanging around on a ship chatting. Even in quests socializing is going out the window, as it seems everyone just wants to grind them as fast as possible.

The quests are the only unique draw of DDO, and even there they are being ruined through poor design and playtesting. Most of the quests added in the last 18 months or so have been forgettable, and offer too little XP and uninspired loot, making them not worth repeating.

Even the holiday events are tired. I logged in to participate in Mabar, which I used to enjoy, but in addition to not addressing the lag issues, they've actually managed to make it more boring than ever this year. After 15 minutes of running around the graveyard easily slaughtering the same 4 monsters over and over, I asked myself "why am I doing this?", couldn't come up with a good answer, and logged off.

I never realized just how dull things had gotten around here, but now that I've seen the alternatives, I can't really see myself playing DDO much again unless some dramatic improvements are made. And that seems unlikely, as WB/Turbine appear unwilling to make the investments required to make DDO a viable concern again.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 10-30-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    What ever gave you the impression I'm about min/max?
    My non desire to become a completionist should be a clue to my playstyle. In total I've played 14 lives.
    I'm tired of leveling toons over and over. This rat cage needs a new wheel for me to run on.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    It's become clear to me over the last couple of weeks that there are only two reasons people keep playing this game: they aren't aware of just how poorly-managed and stale this game has become, or they know, but either love the playstyle so much that they put up with it, or are too emotionally invested in their "progress" to move on to something else. I suppose some just play to be with friends or guildies as well -- at least until they leave.

I was in the first category until the recent exploitapalooza prompted me to look around a bit. I had convinced myself that it wasn't just repetition to run the same quests over and over again as long as I did it with different builds And it's true that a quest plays differently as a fighter than it does as a wizard. But it's still just the same quests over and over, and there's literally nothing else of any value to do in this game -- the crafting system is okay but obsolete, there's no meaningful PvP, and little in-game social interaction aside from questing or hanging around on a ship chatting. Even in quests socializing is going out the window, as it seems everyone just wants to grind them as fast as possible.

The quests are the only unique draw of DDO, and even there they are being ruined through poor design and playtesting. Most of the quests added in the last 18 months or so have been forgettable, and offer too little XP and uninspired loot, making them not worth repeating.

Even the holiday events are tired. I logged in to participate in Mabar, which I used to enjoy, but in addition to not addressing the lag issues, they've actually managed to make it more boring than ever this year. After 15 minutes of running around the graveyard easily slaughtering the same 4 monsters over and over, I asked myself "why am I doing this?", couldn't come up with a good answer, and logged off.

I never realized just how dull things had gotten around here, but now that I've seen the alternatives, I can't really see myself playing DDO much again unless some dramatic improvements are made. And that seems unlikely, as WB/Turbine appear unwilling to make the investments required to make DDO a viable concern again.
    I keep playing because I'm a D&D fan. Always have been.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast