Default A life well-lived, but, wanting more. . .

There comes a time in an adventurer’s life, when one must consider retirement. You could say that the business of saving the world (or worlds) we know, is best left to the young. Is it not safe to say that my life as an adventurer has been fulfilling? Has Gilanon the archmage not tallied an impressive list of bona fides? Apart from the early days of working to solve problems on a smaller scale in Stormreach, I have:

1. Used my expertise to stave-off an invasion of the devils of Shavarath, even going so far, as to travel, to that wretched place and put an end, to the lives, of the diabolical generals who concocted such machinations of conquest.
    2. Foiled the Dark Abbot in his attempt to bring about an eternal state of death and decay to Eberron.
    3. Destroyed the Truthful-One.
    4. Traversed the Demon-web to another material plane and thwarted the evil goddess Llolth in her designs to consume Xen’drik
    5. Stopped the agents of the Shadowfell from subjugating the people of Cormyr.

While my mind and body could probably survive a few more years of the battering that comes with an adventurer’s life, I am having trouble finding anything to compel me to do more. Oh, I admit, I still yearn for the rush of adventure, but, alas, endeavors that might satiate my lust are no longer presenting themselves to me.

Mind you, since my arrival in Faerûn, I have pondered the possibility of exploring the underdark, where, besides numerous drow, I have heard of the vast treasures of the duergar and even the illithid which await the hands of those who are bold enough to take them. I have heard tales of terrible enemies like the demon lord Orcus and the dragon queen, Tiamat. There have also been whispers of a city that exists on the edge of the planes, called Sigil, where denizens and creatures of every exotic place imaginable, can be found.

Apparently, it will take powerful, magics, in the deific school of Development, to get to these places. Only the Devels, or, DEVS, as we like to call them, are capable of tapping into the power of Development and penetrating the walls of our finite universe, by sending us to these fantastical places. If only I could get this message to one of these Devs. I would ask him to leave the world as we know it alone and focus on broadening our experiences with new locales. Mayhap, he might help to bring me out of my self-imposed retirement.
    Treachery wears many masks, but none so treacherous as the mask of virtue.

So, you never got a Ghostbane weapon? it is supposed to fix everything...

Quote Originally Posted by tharveysinjin View Post
    There comes a time in an adventurer’s life, ...
    Well played.

Don't think I've ever +repped a taking-a-break thread, but there's always a first.

edit: wizzy, that's horrible. lol!
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

But...but...Eberron is the bestest world ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden_freude View Post
    But...but...Eberron is the bestest world ever!
    Does it have better Ghostbane weapons?

Community Member

So to all of you who were wondering what to post when you leave..... this is how you do it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Does it have better Ghostbane weapons?
    Wouldn't know...I only look at the worth of lootgen weapons. Which it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tharveysinjin View Post
    ... Orcus ... Tiamat ... Sigil ...
    Dev's, someone, anyone listen to this guy he knows what hes talking about and even made it entertaining.

Thumbs up Kudos

For what it's worth, I hold a very low opinion of "cheerio" posts and posters.

This however is the exception to prove that rule.

Delivered with downright entertaining panache.

Class act.

Well played.