Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

Leaving the Tokens of the Twelve and heroic hearts alone - - very good.
    The path for iconic and epic reincarnation hearts - - ok.

I think the numbers are still kind of high, but if you're actually running from 20 to cap I suppose it could be considered meh but doable. However, for those who have been at cap for a while and have all their destiny xp this method of getting the epic hearts seems painful.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2fire View Post
    They want you to buy form the store...this btc thing really irks me. If they where bta i could at lest get them while doing other things.
    seriously? what is wrong with you? the potions are BTA from commendations. The epic heart and iconic heart are bta if you would read your notes. so what the HELL is your issue then? the commendations are just a currency. so who cares if they're btc when everything is bta.

Quote Originally Posted by darkly_dreaming View Post
    Leaving the Tokens of the Twelve and heroic hearts alone - - very good.
    The path for iconic and epic reincarnation hearts - - ok.

I think the numbers are still kind of high, but if you're actually running from 20 to cap I suppose it could be considered meh but doable. However, for those who have been at cap for a while and have all their destiny xp this method of getting the epic hearts seems painful.
    it might be painful but you have to think that is what i get for getting to 28 right? that doesnt mean they should get anything free at all. sorry. they need to farm it like everyone else will.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    seriously? what is wrong with you? the potions are BTA from commendations. The epic heart and iconic heart are bta if you would read your notes. so what the HELL is your issue then? the commendations are just a currency. so who cares if they're btc when everything is bta.
    It means i can not alt to lets say heals or a trapper when running with my friends. I have to run on one toon otherwise the currency is completely worthless to me. And the reason they are btc has nothing to do with things to be added later. It has to do with them not wanting me to alt to run the snitch on all my toons and gain coms. Its very transparent and it saddens me but does not surprise me that so many can not see it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    it might be painful but you have to think that is what i get for getting to 28 right? that doesnt mean they should get anything free at all. sorry. they need to farm it like everyone else will.
    Or they could move on. Just saying. I do like how your defending turbine wasting peoples time witch there is a ton of with update 20. The only postive thing i have to say is that at least they left my htr alone.

Lightbulb LVs you gain Tokens of the 12

A thought: Perhaps it would be fruitful to add tokens of the 12 (and by tokens I mean the fragments) to some quests that are below 20 such as Devils of Shavarath and House Cannith. These quests can be pretty challenging, unlike some of the epics we have today.
    With the semi-recent change from Epic tokens to tokens of the 12, there's no real reason they should stay in the epic quests, is there? Game story wise, the 12 has recognized these feats and awarded them.
    The main factor in this is how long it might take someone who has no interest in epic TR, and thus no interest in gaining "useless" epic XP that will do nothing for your toon. They could start gaining their tokens earlier, cutting down on the "wasted effort" (besides the FUN factor of course) they expend.
    Additionally, it just might breath some life back into some of this older content, which is good for everyone.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Community Member

Default Half-baked systems

It's cool they will leave HTR as it is on live now. But I have some concerns about the other TR systems. We have epic destinies, with bugs and still not working functions. And more than a year is behind us!! Some will never get fixed, other nice things will get nerfed, but it's still an unfinished system. Not long ago we got this enhancement changes. Still many things are bugged there as well, they nerfed poor rangers in a patch, but meanwhile, other non working or bugged functions weren't touched at all. Another unfinished system. Now, I read they are working on that burden of guilt **** instead of fixing another game breaking issue we got with u19... madness... And now, after they changed their minds 10 times in the last 2 months, we surely get a 100% working, absolutely bug-free new TR system... or at least they will try to convince us it will work well. But somehow, I can't believe it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

This gets at the thrust of the design. We did in fact take some other sources of XP into account. As noted, it's difficult to balance between someone who barely does wilderness quests and those who finish slayers everywhere.
    It doesn't have to be difficult.

What is your goal exactly with the balancing? Are you afraid that if you err on the side of too easy, people will be ETRing too much? Is that possible? Do you not want people happily replaying content as they re-level, and instead prefer for them to be grinding out stuff at cap just to get to the ETR? How does that make any sense?

Also, while it may detract from store sales a bit, is there something wrong with people accruing more Commendations of Valor, from 20-28, than they need for an Epic Heart, allowing them, perhaps after 3 or 4 ETRs, to buy two hearts upon reaching 28, to pass to an alt?

WHAT IS THE GOAL FOR THIS NEW SYSTEM, VARGUILLE (DEVS)?

That's the real problem here: the apparent goals for Epic Reincarnation don't appear to be reflected in the mechanics set-up for getting there:
    • the incentives (past-life feats) presented thus far are too laughably underwhelming to inspire almost anyone to ETR.
    • the grind to acquire Epic Hearts if you're already at cap is too staggering to bother making a goal of, for any but the most hardcore gamers/people with absolutely nothing but free time, and the will to run on that treadmill.
    • the likelihood of grind waiting for you, after you hit 28, if you haven't managed to acquire all the CoV you need, is an unnecessary roadblock.

As far as I can tell, the point of Epic Reincarnation, is to keep players playing DDO for longer than the amount of endgame material released can keep them around. That may sound cynical, but that was basically the goal for True Reincarnation as well--to provide players with an avenue to a little boost in overall power attractive enough to get them to replay the game over and over again, which keeps the play experience from getting too stale (when compared with sitting at cap with little or no endgame).
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Yay. See pea full protest does work. And that raball has left my server. Hanging round and making the market place bridge all messy.

Thanks devs for listening though I think the price in comms for an epic heart is a bit much.

Fin*

Hunters of wayfinder

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    A thought: Perhaps it would be fruitful to add tokens of the 12 (and by tokens I mean the fragments) to some quests that are below 20 such as Devils of Shavarath and House Cannith. These quests can be pretty challenging, unlike some of the epics we have today.
    With the semi-recent change from Epic tokens to tokens of the 12, there's no real reason they should stay in the epic quests, is there? Game story wise, the 12 has recognized these feats and awarded them.
    The main factor in this is how long it might take someone who has no interest in epic TR, and thus no interest in gaining "useless" epic XP that will do nothing for your toon. They could start gaining their tokens earlier, cutting down on the "wasted effort" (besides the FUN factor of course) they expend.
    Additionally, it just might breath some life back into some of this older content, which is good for everyone.
    /not signed

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´ ´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶ ´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶ ´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´¶´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶ ´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´ ´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
    ´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶´´ ´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´ ´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Thank you for listening.
    Nice picture

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silken-Akira View Post
    First of all thanks for listening.
    However I am still not convinced.
    -Looking at the numbers I don't see myself striving for them. I am a casual player and will not give up the fun I have with all else to grind for this( not I am opposed to grinding, but it has to be reasonable)
    -Like many others proposed just dive the the numbers (by 10 or whatever)
    -Finally (and i let others do the numbers on this) but is this in anyway doable now for F2P players who didn't buy certain packs. Because I can imagine that for them it means even more redoing the same quests over and over (which the ransacking limit you put on it even sounds worse)
    Considering that they will drop from all epic quests this means you can run every epic quest you own once per day. Unless the hypothetical F2P person has more hours in the day than epic quests he will be fine. If he really only does have 1 epic quest pack then after he runs it each day he can spend the rest of his day farming TP (or getting a job) to buy a couple more epic quest packs so he will have enough quests to run each day.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gypsythief View Post
    Your first run of the day gets a First Run Bonus. Your second run of the day gets no bonus, nor penalty. Your third run of the day gets a Repetition Penalty.

So you should be able to run any quest twice per day, and get Comms for it.
    Not counting the first day you run a quest, I am pretty sure that is not the way it actually works. If you come back to a quest after having already run it sometime in the past, the first run gives you 120% (because of the first-run-of-the-day bonus), but if you then were to type /ransack you would see you have a 20% penalty and your next run is worth only 80% (and thus no comms). The first day you run a quest you do indeed get 120% followed by 100% but that is because the first run of each difficulty does not count toward ransack so your first run (the one that was worth 120%) did not add anything to your ransack and thus the second run was still worth 100%. Any day after the first day it no longer works that way.

The system is simple. Run a quest and then run a different quest. Don't repeat any quests on the same day. If you run quests in chains or (I am sure I will be shot for saying this) simply run sagas you should have no trouble not repeating quests. Each quest, once per day. That is the system. You can fight it, but you won't get comms for doing so. Simply change the way you farm to include a once-and-done mentality (at least for the day) and you will find this system very easy to accept.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Not counting the first day you run a quest, I am pretty sure that is not the way it actually works. If you come back to a quest after having already run it sometime in the past, the first run gives you 120% (because of the first-run-of-the-day bonus), but if you then were to type /ransack you would see you have a 20% penalty and your next run is worth only 80% (and thus no comms). The first day you run a quest you do indeed get 120% followed by 100% but that is because the first run of each difficulty does not count toward ransack so your first run (the one that was worth 120%) did not add anything to your ransack and thus the second run was still worth 100%. Any day after the first day it no longer works that way.

The system is simple. Run a quest and then run a different quest. Don't repeat any quests on the same day. If you run quests in chains or (I am sure I will be shot for saying this) simply run sagas you should have no trouble not repeating quests. Each quest, once per day. That is the system. You can fight it, but you won't get comms for doing so. Simply change the way you farm to include a once-and-done mentality (at least for the day) and you will find this system very easy to accept.
    The thing is....that is not how i want to play i love some quest and simply hate others. Thats the problem with the whole btc thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2fire View Post
    The thing is....that is not how i want to play i love some quest and simply hate others. Thats the problem with the whole btc thing.
    I used to hate Coal Chamber, then I soloed it several times on normal.
    Dozens of lives later, I enjoy it, except when I fall.

I used to hate Sane Asylum, then I learned the mazes and how to do the puzzle in under a minute.
    Now I look forward to the dual with the cold nurse.

I used to hate the Shadow Crypt, then I learned the patterns.
    But that quest being farmed continually over and over without pause for breaks has caused me more real life problems than any other situation from DDO.
    Once and done is much more challenging but more rewarding and interesting and easier on the family.
    Step up to the plate and see if you can hit the curve ball.

I recently soloed some Stormholds on Epic Hard just to test out Fawn's latest build with hires.
    Information is the key, your greatest adversity can become your greatest ally.

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Considering that they will drop from all epic quests this means you can run every epic quest you own once per day. Unless the hypothetical F2P person has more hours in the day than epic quests he will be fine. If he really only does have 1 epic quest pack then after he runs it each day he can spend the rest of his day farming TP (or getting a job) to buy a couple more epic quest packs so he will have enough quests to run each day.
    For your small minded brain a small story (so the kidddy level in you can understand my point of view maybe a bit better before giving another useless comment, which, you will without a doubt try to do)
    when my friends finally convinced to to start playing DDO it was mainly for the F2P selling point that did it, for them and finally for me too; We are a group of friends who normally pnp but like it that we can meet up on certain nights online or when a session was cancelled for any reason. Although i was a late in joining them I moved to a VIP account pretty quickly. Others followed from for short times but only did so on a monthly base, and instead just bought what they thought what they needed at certain times.
    Recent months I and 1 other are left playing the game. the change of ideology, focus and attitude of Turbine evolved so that it can no longer keep them interested. So even though I am not a F2P it does affect me. Likewise you hear mainly complaints of people on this forum who play a lot and are deeply involved in DDO. But I do wonder if that is the mass of players that is actually behind DDO. the reason why I joined this protest had actually little to do with my own wantings but more with the needs of others.

Finally, sorry to disappoint you but none of us are jobless and we are all doing a lot better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    why not add ValComm's as slayer rewards on top of xp? scale to match level of slayer reward.
    FWIW, I like this idea very much.

Slayers are pretty boring, in my opinion. This might give them a slight fun factor boost for those that don't do them currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Thanks to your feedback, we’ve revised our initial plans on how Hearts of Wood can be earned through gameplay. We’re leaving Heroic True Hearts of Wood untouched, still available through Tokens of the Twelve. Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood are still obtained through Commendations of Valor, but we’re moving Commendations out of Saga rewards and into the end reward lists for all Epic quests.

U20 Changes to Tokens of the Twelve and Heroic True Hearts of Wood
    These are unchanged from U19. Tokens of the Twelve will continue to drop, continue to be BTA, and can be turned in for Heroic True Hearts of Wood.

Epic & Iconic True Hearts of Wood, and Commendations of Valor
    This is our new plan for how to earn Epic and Iconic Hearts of Wood.
    • Sagas are not involved in any way. Commendations of Valor won’t be obtainable from Sagas.
    • Commendations of Valor show up in the end reward lists of quests.
    • Commendations show up if:
      • The quest was run on any Epic difficulty, except for Casual.
      • You did not have an XP ransack penalty when completing the quest.
    • More Commendations show up for higher level quests.
    • More Commendations show up for harder difficulties (Normal, Hard, Elite).
    • For an example, we currently expect a level 26 Epic Hard quest to include 30 Commendations of Valor in the end reward list. The same quest on Normal would reward 18 Commendations, and on Elite it would reward 44 Commendations.
    • Our current plan is that Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood each require 4200 Commendations of Valor. This is close to our estimate of how many Commendations of Valor you would get from playing Epic Hard, non-ransacked quests and usually taking Commendations as the end reward, based on how many quests characters would finish between levels 20-28 (again, on Epic Hard).
    • Commendations of Valor are planned to be Bind-to-Character.
    • Hearts of Wood earned from Commendations of Valor are Bind-to-Account.
    • We are adding some additional rewards for Commendations of Valor, specifically for players who may not be interested in reincarnation.
    Thank you .

What about quests like Against the Demon Queen(Pre) that do not have a End Reward List, If completed on Epic Difficulty, so we won't get CoV's for completing it?
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery: 18 Fighter/2 Paladin ~ Havenstorm : 20 Paladin~ Cashfu: 20 Monk
    Cachemoney: 20 Sorcerer~ Repulsion: 20 Favored Soul ~
    Duergrim: 18 Artificer/2 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Since every epic quest may have valor on their reward list, will this still let us use the "end reward based on class" option, or commendations of valor counts as named items and disable it?
    The "End Rewards Based On Class" setting should not affect the appearance of Commendations of Valor in an end reward list.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast