Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    My intent with "non-ransacked" meant "not ransacked at all", aka getting full XP.
    So, if I am correct, if I run 3x EH VON3 today, tomorrow I would still have -10% penalty, and would not get am option for CoV?

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Oh, hey, devs, one bit of housekeeping that would have no impact on balance but would help alleviate a lot of potential player confusion down the line:

Change all heroic hearts -- both the ones you get from in-game as well as the DDO Store -- from BTC to BTA. Consistency is always good.
    Would love that. My mule has a BtC heart from the lottery -- when there was lottery.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    It is sorta funny that these changes actually make it less worthwhile to buy the epic ottos boxes if you are intending on doing an eTR
    Interesting observation, they should probably include some Comms in the box.

Also, it wouldn't be terrible for the comms to show up on the saga end reward lists in some number as an option, just not the only option for comms.
    Also a good idea I think. ONLY from sagas was bad, ALSO from sagas is OK.

Although, I still have no interest in partaking of this system. Too much XP, too repetitive, too much off-destiny.
    Last edited by rimble; 10-30-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    It is sorta funny that these changes actually make it less worthwhile to buy the epic ottos boxes if you are intending on doing an eTR
    And XP pots. And VIP.

But hey, maybe they're hoping to make it up on bag sales.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    EE vs EH reward is out of whack, as always. If you want people to play the hardest content, the reward needs to be there. The difficultly for EE ramps up quite a bit compared to EH; you really should get 2x-3x the reward of EH in EE, whatever it is, and you never do. That's why EEs are so less often run, it's just faster to PUG EHs, even if you only get one reward a day. I can't possibly run every epic quest in 18 hours, so it's faster to just move along to the next quests, even with the 1xday limitation. You make the EE drop 3x the comms of EHs and you'll see a lot more EEs ran, and PUGged.
    EE already has the benefit of better loot and the extra challenge that some people supposedly love (though their challenge-avoidance behavior suggests otherwise). If EE is hands down the best way to get comms it simply causes all the best players to run EE. The pick-up scene for EH on my server has been terrible lately (specifically in the low 20's). You have people in heroic gear and cannot fill a group. The result is a lot of 2 and 3 person parties that can't finish quests on EH. Having the better players want to play EH because it gives better comms per minute is a good thing. The new people PUGing epics need the help.

And before you say that some snotty elitists won't PUG but will simply play with friends or alone, I understand that, but many will. I am looking forward to seeing a much better low 20's PUG scene once Epic TR comes out (since many of the good players sitting around at the level cap will come back down to level 20 again).
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

Thanks to your feedback, we’ve revised our initial plans on how Hearts of Wood can be earned through gameplay. We’re leaving Heroic True Hearts of Wood untouched, still available through Tokens of the Twelve. Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood are still obtained through Commendations of Valor, but we’re moving Commendations out of Saga rewards and into the end reward lists for all Epic quests.

U20 Changes to Tokens of the Twelve and Heroic True Hearts of Wood
    These are unchanged from U19. Tokens of the Twelve will continue to drop, continue to be BTA, and can be turned in for Heroic True Hearts of Wood.

Epic & Iconic True Hearts of Wood, and Commendations of Valor
    This is our new plan for how to earn Epic and Iconic Hearts of Wood.
    • Sagas are not involved in any way. Commendations of Valor won’t be obtainable from Sagas.
    • Commendations of Valor show up in the end reward lists of quests.
    • Commendations show up if:
      • The quest was run on any Epic difficulty, except for Casual.
      • You did not have an XP ransack penalty when completing the quest.
    • More Commendations show up for higher level quests.
    • More Commendations show up for harder difficulties (Normal, Hard, Elite).
    • For an example, we currently expect a level 26 Epic Hard quest to include 30 Commendations of Valor in the end reward list. The same quest on Normal would reward 18 Commendations, and on Elite it would reward 44 Commendations.
    • Our current plan is that Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood each require 4200 Commendations of Valor. This is close to our estimate of how many Commendations of Valor you would get from playing Epic Hard, non-ransacked quests and usually taking Commendations as the end reward, based on how many quests characters would finish between levels 20-28 (again, on Epic Hard).
    • Commendations of Valor are planned to be Bind-to-Character.
    • Hearts of Wood earned from Commendations of Valor are Bind-to-Account.
    • We are adding some additional rewards for Commendations of Valor, specifically for players who may not be interested in reincarnation.

This is a dramatic improvement.

I have to echo concerns about the bag space though. We have enough inventory problem. My feedback would be this:

1) divide amounts rewarded by about 5, divide amounts required by about 6
    2) make both BtA. It would be nice to run content on multiple characters without having to think "I have to get my comms for this character, so now I have to run him exclusively until I can TR and time on other toons is wasted"
    3) make them drop from chests so people aren't forced to ignore renown. I will sometimes even take heroic deeds in my end list, and almost always take 150+ rewards, and I know most other people are similar if not the same

And on an unrelated note... BANK SPACE!!! I want more. Mostly I want not to have to empty TR cache to TR again, but I always need more backpack, bank, and shared bank space and these are some of the few things I would (and have) spent real money on besides my VIP account. Actually... if you want to make the TR cache change VIP only, might get more subs that way, and it is after all a convenience rather than P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by Paryan View Post
    If tokens are still the only way to HTR, are fragments being added back to the spinners chain?
    Yes.

Community Member

I know some are happy with this but i feel like i should say my piece. On my main my capped toon i run content for good ee loot. Things like thourgh a mirror darkly for example... When i log on it is to grind the gear i want i find fun in that.....i really really hate that you are forcing me to spread out to things i do not want to do to get coms....its super annoying and makes me not want to play.

i know no one cares what ever but this kind of thing is why i am logging on less and less.

OH and its been said before but the etr past life benefits are truly awful. I am a min maxer and i think its a waste of time.

Community Member Caellwin-Orion's Avatar

yea it mostly seems like it's a waste to ETR, or ITR a capped out toon. The pastlife feats are mostly worthless for the amount of time needed to get them. This coming from a person with a completionist+ character.

the only possible way it could be worth anything is if you got a 3 for 1 by doing ETR followed by an immediate HR or ITR into an iconic.
    been around for a long time no thanks to the forum rework
    Caellwin on Orion server since December 2009

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caellwin-Orion View Post
    yea it mostly seems like it's a waste to ETR, or ITR a capped out toon. The pastlife feats are mostly worthless for the amount of time needed to get them. This coming from a person with a completionist+ character.

the only possible way it could be worth anything is if you got a 3 for 1 by doing ETR followed by an immediate HR or ITR into an iconic.
    For me the only thing i am interested in for update 20 is, Can i turn my completionist dwarf monk into a pdk. Thats it the rest of it really holds zero interest to me.

Community Member

......Thanks to your feedback, we’ve revised our initial plans on how Hearts of Wood can be earned through gameplay.....[/list]
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´ ´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶ ´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶ ´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´¶´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶ ´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´ ´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
    ´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶´´ ´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´ ´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´ ´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Thank you for listening.

Since every epic quest may have valor on their reward list, will this still let us use the "end reward based on class" option, or commendations of valor counts as named items and disable it?
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Well now, a curiosity just struck me. The way CoV are supposed to work is that they can be clicked on to open an interface box, and the transaction carried out in there. Is there any restriction on where they can be opened, such as they can only be used in public areas? Or is it available anytime, anywhere?
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Does it make sense to balance the cost of an epic heart against the average progression toward 28, or should it be the cost of an epic + heroic heart? As in, do you expect someone to get to 28 and go back to 20 or go back to 1?

I don't have an opinion on this, just something to mull over. Ignore this if you can't buy heroic hearts from valor at all, only tokens.
    You can't get Heroic True Hearts of Wood from Commendations of Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    If you averaged 50,000XP per quest (which you won't since there aren't enough that give that much per run), it would take 132 quests to get to 6.6 million. (and if you are using store bought XP pots, then quit whining and use your TP to buy a Heart from the store).

Using 35K per quest is a little more realistic given the XP value of quests and you are up to 188 quests.

And yes, there is a ton of XP out there in wilderness areas, but you can achieve the same XP per minute if you were doing quests instead of running all through the Kings Forest for an hour to get all the messages.

So, if you can only do 10-12 quests per week, then it would take you 4 to 5 months to cap any ways. Unless you are wasting a ton of your time running wilderness areas.
    This gets at the thrust of the design. We did in fact take some other sources of XP into account. As noted, it's difficult to balance between someone who barely does wilderness quests and those who finish slayers everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    No, Ransack doesnt work that way. There is a one time per life exception for each quest difficulty, not a one time per day. Also, I believe the quote you replied to is incorrect.

Your first daily run (assuming you have run this difficulty before) is at 100% and there is a separate 20% play through bonus. The ransack value never exceeds 100%.

Your second daily run is at 80% ransack. So its once per quest per day for CoV... other than exception that you can run it once per life on Elite, Hard, Normal and Casual and assuming you do it when your ransack is at 100% you should get CoVs.
    This is correct. There seems to have been some confusion about how XP ransack works. The normal cap isn't 120%, it's 100%. There's additionally a 20% Daily XP Bonus, which you could potentially get on top of 70% XP after fully ransacking to 20% the day before.

First time per difficulty per life is also a 'freebie' pass, as implied here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    So, if I am correct, if I run 3x EH VON3 today, tomorrow I would still have -10% penalty, and would not get am option for CoV?
    Yes.

why not add ValComm's as slayer rewards on top of xp? scale to match level of slayer reward.

Default So, about The Spinner of Shadows quests...

Will the decision to remove Tokens from these quests be reversed at some point or not?

(Again, apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Default Existing lv 28s?

Thanks to your feedback, we’ve revised our initial plans on how Hearts of Wood can be earned through gameplay. We’re leaving Heroic True Hearts of Wood untouched, still available through Tokens of the Twelve. Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood are still obtained through Commendations of Valor, but we’re moving Commendations out of Saga rewards and into the end reward lists for all Epic quests.

U20 Changes to Tokens of the Twelve and Heroic True Hearts of Wood
    These are unchanged from U19. Tokens of the Twelve will continue to drop, continue to be BTA, and can be turned in for Heroic True Hearts of Wood.

Epic & Iconic True Hearts of Wood, and Commendations of Valor
    This is our new plan for how to earn Epic and Iconic Hearts of Wood.
    • Sagas are not involved in any way. Commendations of Valor won’t be obtainable from Sagas.
    • Commendations of Valor show up in the end reward lists of quests.
    • Commendations show up if:
      • The quest was run on any Epic difficulty, except for Casual.
      • You did not have an XP ransack penalty when completing the quest.
    • More Commendations show up for higher level quests.
    • More Commendations show up for harder difficulties (Normal, Hard, Elite).
    • For an example, we currently expect a level 26 Epic Hard quest to include 30 Commendations of Valor in the end reward list. The same quest on Normal would reward 18 Commendations, and on Elite it would reward 44 Commendations.
    • Our current plan is that Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood each require 4200 Commendations of Valor. This is close to our estimate of how many Commendations of Valor you would get from playing Epic Hard, non-ransacked quests and usually taking Commendations as the end reward, based on how many quests characters would finish between levels 20-28 (again, on Epic Hard).
    • Commendations of Valor are planned to be Bind-to-Character.
    • Hearts of Wood earned from Commendations of Valor are Bind-to-Account.
    • We are adding some additional rewards for Commendations of Valor, specifically for players who may not be interested in reincarnation.
    Hi, I just wanna ask, my main toon is lv 26 and I was planning to epic TR her since I did all the work this life getting her to 26, but since I was meant to get CoVs whilst lving to cap, would u recommend me HTR instead now and give up ETRing since I would have to continue questing for approx another 200 quests or so even though I probably would of capped by the time u20 comes along?

Thank you.

You can't get Heroic True Hearts of Wood from Commendations of Valor.
    Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying that.

My first impression of only getting heroic hearts from tokens, not valor, is that I think I'm a fan.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WWen077 View Post
    Hi, I just wanna ask, my main toon is lv 26 and I was planning to epic TR her since I did all the work this life getting her to 26, but since I was meant to get CoVs whilst lving to cap, would u recommend me HTR instead now and give up ETRing since I would have to continue questing for approx another 200 quests or so even though I probably would of capped by the time u20 comes along?

Thank you.
    They want you to buy form the store...this btc thing really irks me. If they where bta i could at lest get them while doing other things.

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    Will the decision to remove Tokens from these quests be reversed at some point or not?

(Again, apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere)
    Lama dev tracker is your friend.

Feather of Sun said they were coming back.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast