Thanks to your feedback, we’ve revised our initial plans on how Hearts of Wood can be earned through gameplay. We’re leaving Heroic True Hearts of Wood untouched, still available through Tokens of the Twelve. Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood are still obtained through Commendations of Valor, but we’re moving Commendations out of Saga rewards and into the end reward lists for all Epic quests.
U20 Changes to Tokens of the Twelve and Heroic True Hearts of Wood
These are unchanged from U19. Tokens of the Twelve will continue to drop, continue to be BTA, and can be turned in for Heroic True Hearts of Wood.
Epic & Iconic True Hearts of Wood, and Commendations of Valor
This is our new plan for how to earn Epic and Iconic Hearts of Wood.
- Sagas are not involved in any way. Commendations of Valor won’t be obtainable from Sagas.
- Commendations of Valor show up in the end reward lists of quests.
- Commendations show up if:
- The quest was run on any Epic difficulty, except for Casual.
- You did not have an XP ransack penalty when completing the quest.
- More Commendations show up for higher level quests.
- More Commendations show up for harder difficulties (Normal, Hard, Elite).
- For an example, we currently expect a level 26 Epic Hard quest to include 30 Commendations of Valor in the end reward list. The same quest on Normal would reward 18 Commendations, and on Elite it would reward 44 Commendations.
- Our current plan is that Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood each require 4200 Commendations of Valor. This is close to our estimate of how many Commendations of Valor you would get from playing Epic Hard, non-ransacked quests and usually taking Commendations as the end reward, based on how many quests characters would finish between levels 20-28 (again, on Epic Hard).
- Commendations of Valor are planned to be Bind-to-Character.
- Hearts of Wood earned from Commendations of Valor are Bind-to-Account.
- We are adding some additional rewards for Commendations of Valor, specifically for players who may not be interested in reincarnation.