Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I sympathize with having to get ahold of the first one, but if one can earn one leveling up that is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    You gotta remember . . . the ETR PLs are kinda terrible and having to grind them out in an off destiny if you want an EPL for that sphere is even more terrible than the value of the EPLs.
    Still waiting to see a revamp on the past life bonuses.

If they are not improved, then

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2103919

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Thanks to your feedback, we’ve revised our initial plans on how Hearts of Wood can be earned through gameplay. We’re leaving Heroic True Hearts of Wood untouched, still available through Tokens of the Twelve. Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood are still obtained through Commendations of Valor, but we’re moving Commendations out of Saga rewards and into the end reward lists for all Epic quests.
    Awesome. The numbers might still be a bit off, but that's minute details, the system seems sound to me.

[*]Our current plan is that Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood each require 4200 Commendations of Valor.
    4200 commendations is too much, as a large bag fits 2500. Make it cost 420 instead, and divide reward rates by 10.

Finally, please consider rewarding some commendations for toons with already maxed destinies. Those that already grinded it, could get heart (or several?) for free, or at least close to one.

Hero

It still seems high. Now lets hope that Epic Past Live Feats are buffed to make this worth it.

I also like the suggestion of making the cost of ER and ITR woods to fit in one stack in a Large Ing bag, also of course adjusting the the reward amount.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 10-29-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Community Member

So like 100 EE quests to get a heart? That might be a bit on the high side.

I'm not a fan on BTC comms . . . but why not make the Hearts completely unbound so we can sell 'em? That screams shard exchange.

You gotta remember . . . the ETR PLs are kinda terrible and having to grind them out in an off destiny if you want an EPL for that sphere is even more terrible than the value of the EPLs.

Make it too annoying, tedious, whatever and we'll simply say "screw ETR" and continue to just TR heroically.
    Yeah, I'd run on average about 20 EEs/heroic TR as it stands at the moment.
    100 is much too much to consider waiting around for.
    CBA to fix my forum title, RIP my old greenis.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Don't forgot daily and learning tome bonuses will influence amount run per life?

Consider pumping a few into the Otto's Boxes?

Don't forget some players will be running xp potions as well?

Community Member

I don't get why 4200 comms for an epic heart. Why not drop 3 comms in an EH quest and make the turn-in 10 times lower (or more) for the heart? Just seems like overkill to make it such a large number, especially considering its fake currency and its only use it to buy hearts.

Thanks to your feedback, we’ve revised our initial plans on how Hearts of Wood can be earned through gameplay. We’re leaving Heroic True Hearts of Wood untouched, still available through Tokens of the Twelve. Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood are still obtained through Commendations of Valor, but we’re moving Commendations out of Saga rewards and into the end reward lists for all Epic quests.

U20 Changes to Tokens of the Twelve and Heroic True Hearts of Wood
    These are unchanged from U19. Tokens of the Twelve will continue to drop, continue to be BTA, and can be turned in for Heroic True Hearts of Wood.

Epic & Iconic True Hearts of Wood, and Commendations of Valor
    This is our new plan for how to earn Epic and Iconic Hearts of Wood.
    • Sagas are not involved in any way. Commendations of Valor won’t be obtainable from Sagas.
    • Commendations of Valor show up in the end reward lists of quests.
    • Commendations show up if:
      • The quest was run on any Epic difficulty, except for Casual.
      • You did not have an XP ransack penalty when completing the quest.
    • More Commendations show up for higher level quests.
    • More Commendations show up for harder difficulties (Normal, Hard, Elite).
    • For an example, we currently expect a level 26 Epic Hard quest to include 30 Commendations of Valor in the end reward list. The same quest on Normal would reward 18 Commendations, and on Elite it would reward 44 Commendations.
    • Our current plan is that Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood each require 4200 Commendations of Valor. This is close to our estimate of how many Commendations of Valor you would get from playing Epic Hard, non-ransacked quests and usually taking Commendations as the end reward, based on how many quests characters would finish between levels 20-28 (again, on Epic Hard).
    • Commendations of Valor are planned to be Bind-to-Character.
    • Hearts of Wood earned from Commendations of Valor are Bind-to-Account.
    • We are adding some additional rewards for Commendations of Valor, specifically for players who may not be interested in reincarnation.
    This sounds much better than the previous proposal, but there are a few problems still, some major and some minor.

Major: "Epic Hearts of Wood each require 4200 Commendations of Valor" a large ingredients bag can only hold 2500 items. So unless there is a "crunch to large multiples that are also usable" like there is for tokens of twelve(100 fragments to a token) even materials for one hear does not fit into a bag.

Suggestion: make system like tokens/fragments of twelve where you actually use the "100 tokens" for buying stuff. Alternative; Increase latrge bag stack sizr to 20000 and smaller bags in proportion.

Minor:
    In the long run the bound to character tokens are fine for epic TR, but the first few you need to concentrate on a single/few characters to get the 4200 on one of them/few of them. As we already have characters that are at level cap or close.

Suggestion: Make the commendations bound to account or make a item like "fragment of an epic heart" that costs say 42 commendations and is bound to account and you can then trade 100 of those for a heart.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Maybe put ton in EE raids? For SOME incentive to run them?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post

Consider pumping a few into the Otto's Boxes?
    He's got a point about this . . . would be kinda funny to "cheat" on your way to 28 only to have to still run the same amount of quests in the long run.

Community Member

We have future plans for Commendations of Valor, including likely upgrading BtC loot (in addition to

We don't mind if you want to farm one Heart for another of your characters, but we don't want to paint ourselves into a corner where we introduce yet another new ingredient (for being BtC) in the future, especially if we decide we want it to compete on end reward lists with these Commendations of Valor.
    So is the CoV going to be a Bag Mat, a non-Bag Mat that takes up a slot or a non-Bag Mat like Astral Shards and Plat?

Default Switch the bound status

I really thing the commendations should be BTA and the heart BTC when purchased.

That way I can easily switch to a different toon if guild or friend needs a divine or arcane when I am working on getting comms to TR a melee and not worry that I am wasting time I could be using to get comms.

Altough I think 4200 comms still seems high, I think you have shown some serious good will here. You listened to the community....3 times now. You chaged the whole TR system based on Feedback a couple of months ago. You agreed to shut down Mabar (although I am sad about this) based on feedback from the community. And now you have changed the Heart of Wood system based on Feedback from the Community.

Based on the first look at Epic and Iconic past lives, I'm not sure a lot of people will do alot of those types of TR. The benefit just doesn't seem to jive with the effort to obtain them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway...Kudos Turbine for listening and truly working to make this better.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Trending Now

Thank you for this thread. My feelings towards reincarnation are now trending in a postive direction. Than you for listening to the community and folding in some of the feedback.

Too bad I stokced up on hearts in game and in RL chocolate. I will porbably finish all the chocolate before those 2 hearts of wood

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    Major: "Epic Hearts of Wood each require 4200 Commendations of Valor" a large ingredients bag can only hold 2500 items. So unless there is a "crunch to large multiples that are also usable" like there is for tokens of twelve(100 fragments to a token) even materials for one hear does not fit into a bag...
    The never ending "lack of bound to character space" problem.

The moment epic levels were introduced, I warned the Devs repeatedly this is going to be a major problem and it will get worse and worse as time goes on....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    So that's 230 quests (approx.) on normal difficulties,
    140 on Hard
    100 on Elite.

How many quests does the average player do between 20 and 28 I wonder?
    The numbers probably came from completely accurate (meaning much more accurate than you or any other player) statistical results. Also, they probably have taken into account future quests coming.

So, I think you should trust them with that number before you actually see it in action. I think this number is good if not low. I run 40 epic quests to get to 23. I also imagine they said "Players will not always take valor as reward, so when they need 160 to cap let's say they'll take valor 100 times."

And have them BTA so I would be willing to run my healer to help those raids instead of having to wait for one because I don't want to waste the opportunity to get comms on a different toon

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

He's got a point about this . . . would be kinda funny to "cheat" on your way to 28 only to have to still run the same amount of quests in the long run.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Thank you for this thread. My feelings towards reincarnation are now trending in a postive direction. Than you for listening to the community and folding in some of the feedback.

Too bad I stokced up on hearts in game and in RL chocolate. I will porbably finish all the chocolate before those 2 hearts of wood
    Lol...

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

96 EE quests @ 44 CoV per quest to get 4200 is doable from 20 to 28. Don't increase the cost or mess about with the number of CoV rewarded when level cap goes up to 30.

CoV from every Epic Quest regardless of whether it gives Eveningstar Comms, Tokens of the Twelve or whatever else I assume? Giving players total freedom how they choose to get from 20 to 28 but still earning CoV along the way?

Now just make the CoV thing BTA and you've removed the last reasonable source of concern.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    Suggestion: make system like tokens/fragments of twelve where you actually use the "100 tokens" for buying stuff.
    A good idea. A better idea is to keep the quests rewards BTC fragments, that can be swapped to BTA tokens.

The fragments can be used for the future perks, and the BTA tokens can be used for reinc hearts.

How you call them is up to the arts team, be it BTC Fragments of Valor that can be upgraded to BTA Commendations of Valor, or be it BTC Commendations of Valor that can be swapped to BTA Markers of Change.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Get someone else to post this suggestion and broaden it to all Epic Raids so I can agree with it.

I refuse to agree with the class clown as a matter of principle.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast