View Poll Results: What's your favorite quest in Three Barrel Cove?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garl's Tomb

31 12.40%
  • Ghost of a Chance

62 24.80%
  • Guard Duty

9 3.60%
  • Legend of Two-Toed Tobias

42 16.80%
  • Prove Your Worth

108 43.20%
  • The Fire Caves

29 11.60%
  • The Scoundrel's Run

55 22.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Community Member

been there once
    saw what it was
    and left.
    none of the above,
    i hate bloody pirates.

your friend sil

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default Yeah, this is awesome little reward

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    There's an orc pirate Moghar Hornbane up on the Buccaneer's Walkway who will give you a 30 minute Water Breathing buff if you talk to him. Need to do a few jumps to reach him iirc. Again, a little nugget that rewards those who choose to explore an area.
    I've always loved this little reward for getting to his hard to reach perch!
    One of the things I miss in DDO that is present in many 1 player games are the small treasures found in hard to find/reach places that reward players who take the time to smell the flowers and view the trees. Not BIG FAT UBBER powerful rewards, just small things to say *Hey, good job getting here!*
    Thumbed_Servant (to my cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 20 clr-10 epic/ Muhther 18 clr-2 fav-6 epic/ Sheolah 20 pal-2 epic/ plus many 'casual' toons

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default The Music

Oh, but I HAVE to turn the music off after a few minutes...Da da da DADAH, dahdah, Da da da DAHDAH, dahdah...I think it's a waltz, and it's just TOO repetitive...after 10 minutes listening to it it starts to toooorture....oh, but as I'm in a pirates cove maybe that is the intention? :$
    Thumbed_Servant (to my cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 20 clr-10 epic/ Muhther 18 clr-2 fav-6 epic/ Sheolah 20 pal-2 epic/ plus many 'casual' toons

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Easily Ghost of a Chance (for the giant tile puzzle at the end) and Prove Your Worth.

Note: I accidentally voted for Guard Duty (ugh) instead of Ghost of a Chance.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

[QUOTE=DDOTalk71;5152398]3BC suffers from the following:
    6. A bunch of quests with odd mechanics/non-typical styles. Prove your Worth, Ghost of a Chance, Scoundrel's Run all come to mind.

we need more of that.
    not less.
    obviously - as the 3 quests mentioned possibly are the ones winning this poll :-)

Ghost of a Chance is definitelly my favorite quest in the pack. You start in the water, you can approach in stealth mode and jump from the water like a shark, or face the arrows since they see you. You can go by the front door or by the spider-infested caves. You can choose between winning with a puzzle or a boss fight (and the boss is actually tough for the level if you don't have ship buffs). Plus, respawning mobs if you linger around too much on the corridors.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    The very next post answered why. XP is so plentiful at those levels, you're level 10 without blinking. 3BC are remote, generally unpopular, and have earn favor for an unexciting faction (free agents).
    They really need to add some great free agent reward for 400 favor. I suggested some time ago that they rewarded us with a feat that make our thieves tools permanent (they never count down). For flavor, add the same for heal kits and repair kits (but I doubt anyone uses it after getting the Aid clickie from Khortos). Or selling +5 and +6 tools in their store at this tier.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default 2 for me

Prove Your Worth and Ghost of a Chance are my top choices.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    They really need to add some great free agent reward for 400 favor. I suggested some time ago that they rewarded us with a feat that make our thieves tools permanent (they never count down). For flavor, add the same for heal kits and repair kits (but I doubt anyone uses it after getting the Aid clickie from Khortos). Or selling +5 and +6 tools in their store at this tier.
    I like this idea a lot.

Default A Historic Recap of 3BC

First, Prove Your Worth can be finished in less than five minutes on elite. Second, Scoundrel's Run has a three dimensional map, perhaps the first three dimensional map in the game. Guard Duty is where I retired my first character, a Sorcerer, at level cap 10, who attempted the quest naked, without spells; Crymsym entered Valhalla in battle! Okay, here comes the good stuff next. The explorer isn't all what it seems. An entire section of the explorer was closed. The entrance to the true cove was deleted. You'll need to find the explorer site of The Black Lock. At this location, you were able to enter the pirate town. This town connected to the Harbor. Any body who is interested in story line, would love Three Barrel Cove. Whenever I feel the need to improve my playing experience, I go back to 3BC. I draw a PUG with me, doing every quest, drawing interest with a very cheep guest pass. So, my favorite must be Guard Duty, because of Crymsym. But, I believe Prove Your Worth is the best quest because of its ending: I love making the kobald walk the plank. Its so funny!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The quest-makers are curious: what's your favorite quest(s) of Three Barrel Cove?
    I like Guard Duty. Yes it is short and doesn't have good xp or loot but it's lots of fun and feels very pirates of the carribean like. I enjoy quests like this, the Shipwrecked spy or kobald assault.

Default Cool!

Ooh does this mean we'll be seeing some older content come to life again?
    Or newer content made based off of some of the older stuff?

Three Barrel has a lot of variety in it. I'm going with the majority here though, and choosing Prove your Worth!
    Though I don't run the quest itself very often, it has everything in it that I'd like to see more of - puzzles, puzzles, and puzzles!

none
    rarely get there. over leveled before even considering venture out there.
    Is it still open? last I saw the bar looked like it was ready to foreclose.

Community Member

Been a little while since i've been there, but Ghost of a chance is the one that stands out in my mind, i really enjoyed solving the puzzle. i killed the boss guy before even entering the puzzle room, but was still compelled to do the puzzle. I find that a bit odd though, i think the boss guys room should be accessed from the puzzle room, not before it.

I really like 3BC, it has a fun feel to it, and nice flavour. But am not the sort of player who is concerned with xp/minute. In fact, i find leveling up too quick as it is... i wish i could turn off the VIP xp boost to give me a litlte longer to experience what's on offer. I also play with a dedicated group of friends, never open groups, so that may also influence my feelings.

Thumbs up Urban Legend

3BC is really my fav area and enjoy EVERY quest out there.
    Prove Your Worth has varied challenges where a rogue really shines, but is not absolutely necessary.
    But my vote is for Two-Toed Tobias because I LOVE the 'Goonie' Ship. "HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!"
    Where is my Iludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

1) For me it's definitely Ghost of a Chance. The puzzle is spectacular, and it has the 'only drops when you die' Smoldering Cudgel that it amuses me to carry.

2) I also like Scoundrel's Run a lot; I consider the fire trap corridor to be the most enjoyable trap sequence in the game.

3) Prove Your Worth is also very enjoyable; it's a bit slower paced than Scoundrel's Run but is again a genuinely enjoyable quest with lots of unique dynamics.

4) Fire Caves is fine. Easy romps for silly high xp if you know the trick, but it's far from thrilling.

5) Garl's Tomb is also enjoyable assuming you have invisibility clickies. I don't love the 'smash the eggs' quest solely due to my propensity to miss an egg at the start, but that's my personal bugbear.

The difficulty is also pleasant. I particularly like the main chamber with the trog warlocks up top on either side of the door. If you rush forward and activate the trog party that comes down the stairs without taking out the warlocks first you almost certainly will be held and killed if your will save is poor. Requiring tactics at low levels is awesome!

6) Two-Toed Tobias is boring and ridiculously long. 60 skeletons and a million dangerless swim sequences later it's over. Garbage. I concede the ship is very cool, but it doesn't redeem this thing. Farming that rare mephit for the monster manual was unpleasant. PS. can we add more unique mephit types to the game so that the final Mephit Hunter is actually achievable? Ahem. Off-topic, but yes, awful quest.

7) Guard Duty is the only quest I skip. Enforced waits and negligible xp do not make for a good time.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Hmm. There's quests past Strinati's little cubby hole?

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Prove Your Worth - i like jumping around

Community Member

I also like Prove your Worth.

Scoundrel Run, I dont like, not because of the mechanic, that is okay, but cause of the visual design of the area it takes place in - it seems dull to me and reminds me of Threnal part 3, which I loathe (I always spend too much time in there, looking for the key) and Stormvauld Mine, which I have bad experience with as well (My partys always seems to skip ONE body somewhere deep in the mine and we spend 5 - 1 minutes looking for it).

Ghost of a Chance: optionals done right. High payout, but skippable if you really really don't want to do it that day (or if it bugs out, like it did last life on me).

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The quest-makers are curious: what's your favorite quest(s) of Three Barrel Cove?
    The explorer area. Does that count?
    Prove your worth.
    The two fire cave quests.

This is one of my favorite areas as a whole. I'm actually looking forward to the downward shift in the xp curve to have more time at these levels.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast