Default Wraps I should have for my next monk life

Hello everyone, I am planning on TR'ing into a monk my next life, but I've been looking the wiki for wraps, but its just not friendly enough for me to search , does anyone have a list of must-have handwraps for this?

I remember a thread called something like "definitive loot" thread, but cant find it as well.

Your help is appreciated, thanks!

vampiric stonedust handwraps

and if you are going past 20, grave wraps are nice

Quote Originally Posted by aurus33 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am planning on TR'ing into a monk my next life, but I've been looking the wiki for wraps, but its just not friendly enough for me to search , does anyone have a list of must-have handwraps for this?

I remember a thread called something like "definitive loot" thread, but cant find it as well.

Your help is appreciated, thanks!
    Stonedust wraps from Lordsmarch chain...with Vamp on them
    Mabar wraps with Dissruption
    Paralyzing wraps ML10 I believe
    + Stunning wraps
    Devotion wraps from Deleras
    Eternal Rest from Catacombs ML 2
    Grave Wrappings ML 20 whoowoo
    Lacerating hand wraps are awesome too for low level

My favorite at level 4 is the Scorching Wraps from Three Barrel Cove. They drop in Scorchtusk's chest, in the boxes at the left end (as you come out of the entrance plaza) of the harbor where the quest givers are located.
    There is no free lunch.

Here's a quick list of some named handwraps:

• Devotion: From Delera's Tomb chain. +3 Holy with a red augment slot--perfect to add in a Ruby of the Vampire Slayer for near-PERFECT Harry/Vampire Beater handwraps.
    • Eternal Rest: From the Catacombs end-reward. Silver. Ghost Touch. Silver threaded and Undead Bane. Add a Good augment gem for another Harry/Vampire beater option.
    • Weeping Handwraps: From a rare enemy in "The Captives." +2 Sonic with a red slot. Great ML2 wraps.
    • Scorching Wraps: ML4 from a rare just outside the Two Barrel Cove tavern. Spiked and Bleeding.
    • Skin of the Mockery: ML8 +4 wraps with Human Bane and a red and orange slot. Great for augmenting.
    • Stonedust Handwraps: From the Lordsmarch quest "Eyes of Stone." Even if not upgraded (but you should) these are great stunning wraps prized by many.
    • Fernian Wraps: ML8 from the Threnal chain. +4 Flaming Burst with a red slot and better Reflex. Running the chain just for these is a PITA, I know.
    • Wraps of Endless Light: Available NOW from Mabar but bound to character on acquire. Very powerful undead handwraps from the Mabar festival.

I purposefully didn't list the high-level handwraps since you got to start playing the character first. But know that some great wraps await you by that time. For Monks, ultimately, handwraps augment damage, but the character stats and abilities define a powerful Monk more than what they wear around their hands.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Shadowstar shuriken (STK end reward) or Snowstar(CO6)... for barrel breaking and those occasional distance levers... every toon should have a returning throwing weapon of some type...

Wraps..

Low level:
    low level undead bane like Eternal rest Wraps or any random holy/Pure good for when you need skelly dr breaking.
    Fire/Acid/Ice Wraps for low level stuff (1d6.. best ones you can find cheap, swap to to burst+ versions around level 8)

Mid levels:
    Stonedust wraps upgraded with vampirism (these will be your primary wraps from level 12+).. This is really the only one i would consider a must grind for TR'ing....
    Mabar Wraps of endless night upgraded to level 12 (for menecten desert area) (craft other levels if you have extra ingredients)
    Shroud Arritrekos beaters need silver and good.. craft silver holy of greater evil outsider bane... leanr to love the shroud.. you will want lots of shroud for TR's and beyond...
    Random wraps for situational use ..crafted greater banes or AH.. smiting(adamantine if you can), paralyzing, Banishing...

For a TR life any other wraps are nice to have but I wouldn't waste any time trying to farm them in preparation for a TR life (except stonedust & Mabar.. farm those).

If continuing into Epic levels or planning to finish Monk...get these ones....

Epic Wraps:
    Grave Wrappings
    Antipode
    Mabar Wraps of Endless Night 20 or 24 (I prefer the level 20 as it is more 1 mob orinented damage vs aoe aggro magnet level 24 version.. craft both if u have extra ingredients..)
    Last edited by JOTMON; 10-28-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

[QUOTE=JOTMON;5150655]Snowstar shuriken (STK end reward)... for barrel breaking and those occasional distance levers... every toon should have a returning throwing weapon of some type...

just small correction - snowstar is from chain reward list of cilt of Six. STK one is imho shadowstar

Do you have garments/robes in order also?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Quicksilver_Cassok

I've used this into higher levels along with...
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Antithesis

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

I'd say ML 14 Adamantine Knuckles (I think they have a hidden effect that adds like +1.5[W] while using them. Not too sure, can someone verify?

I have a pair of Thaarak Wraps, but never used them, they drop from Hound of Xoriat, I think they're interesting.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Thaarak_Wraps

You could work up to at least Lv 12-16 version of Wraps of Endless Light while the Mabar event is still going.

If you have crafting levels make some Bodyfeeder Wraps of Lesser Vampirism. Very handy to switch to when your low on HP, especially when combined with Fists of Light.
    "Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not." -- George Bernard Shaw

Default Thanks!

Awesome responses!!!

Thank you very much, now I need to redo some quests before TR'ing

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    Do you have garments/robes in order also?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Quicksilver_Cassok

You make a good point, I was focusing too much on wraps, so, any suggestion beside those two?

I was just thinking on icy rainment and fill w/e the AH could provide along the way

I got one of the belts, think its elite version, but ML 12 version is nice for that level.

The White Robe is very nice, totally forgot about it, already got one on one of my shelved alts :P, guess I could buy the scales from the AH.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    Why antithesis? It's mostly a caster item. Icy Raiments are a much better choice for a monk, IMO.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

Also fun are some crafted wraps. I have two I love, flaming flame touch iron of undead bane and anarchic adamantine of construct bane are both very useful. Add a plus and greater as necessary for min level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Why antithesis? It's mostly a caster item. Icy Raiments are a much better choice for a monk, IMO.
    AC unarmed build. The bonuses to AC, with the slot and double guard meant I didnt get hit often, and when I did, they took dmg also. Paired with Rock Boots (challenges) with stone guard means stuff that hits you gets messed up fast. Antithesis is also MUCH easier to get IMO. Subterrane always kicks my butt
    Last edited by Luxgolg; 10-29-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aurus33 View Post
    You make a good point, I was focusing too much on wraps, so, any suggestion beside those two?

I was just thinking on icy rainment and fill w/e the AH could provide along the way
    If you have it already, great. See my other post regarding them. Pre-20 I use those 2, and any lootgen that boosted AC DR or had a decent guard on it. Rock Boots and Frozen Tunic from challenges also will be a great help.