Default What are the GOOD level 19-20 quests?

I'm on my 4th life and I've just dinged 18, with a full level already banked. This is my first life under the new experence sytem with repeat penalties dropping over time and daily bonuses and such.

For me it feels like the last few levels have taken longer than before, although I doubt that's actually true. My normal list of quests that I try and hit every day looks something like this:

Sane Asylum
    Running with the Devils
    Desecrated Temple of Vol
    Trial by Fire
    Maze of Madness
    Lords of Dust
    Framework
    Eyes of Stone

I can run all of these quests very quickly, so even if they arent worth very much exp(~5-8k each on average) I feel like they're still worth doing.

However, now that I'm 18 nearly half of the quests I've been running are suffering outlevel penalties high enough to really hurt the exp. So I'm looking for new quests of a similar nature that I can use to fill the gap.

I do not ave access to Litany of the Dead. Somehow over 4 lives I've managed to avoid getting the final piece of the sigil needed to flag. I do have access to everything else except High Road and Wheloon in Eveningstar.

In all the time I've played DDO I've never run any of the 19-20 content. I've never set foot in House C except for challenges, and the Inspired Quarter is a complete mystery to me.

So for someone who's already run vale quests on elite, and is looking to branch out, are there any of the 18-20 range quests that are worth doing to push past that final gap into epic levels? Or is it really a case of just repeating the tried and true easy runs until I can't stand it anymore?

Community Member

You don't specify whether you're solo or grouping, but here is some stuff you're missing. I tend to have a second account with a caster flagged in case the LFM panel is slow; some of these may be difficult if you're on a melee life.

Missing is good for 20ish thousand for two runs a day. Bring invis, swim through the channel, grab the two evidence bits in the north, DDoor back to the start (level 11 hireling fighter has the dragonmark if you don't have the spell natively), grab the last evidence, kill the boss for sneaky bonus. Trap skills in the water channel will net you the trap bonus as well.

Ghosts of Perdition isn't bad if you're a caster or have a solid group. Just make sure people have a way to raise as 400-point Polar Rays/Disintegrates aren't fun...

Monastery of the Scorpion and Enter the Kobold are pretty standard farms and can be fast sub-elite. The end fights are much trickier than the rest of the quests though.

A properly geared caster can zerg Sins of Attrition quite nicely. The typical character here would be a Blade Barrier class, though other casters can do well too.

Mining for Ancient Secrets and Reclaiming Memories can be quite quick with instakills or in a group, but requires island access, which in turn requires a protect-the-NPC quest.

Back in the Vale, Dust can be surprisingly short if in a full party and people split up to clear a cave each, and you have someone able to jump the second book. I've seen a six-minute completion before. I'm quite partial to Rainbow as well when dualboxing.

If you're willing to do Vol, Gianthold Tor has comparable base XP but no optionals, and doesn't require a run out in the wilderness.

I really would recommend completing your sigil for Litany though; that's a lot of fast daily XP you're giving up.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    You don't specify whether you're solo or grouping, but here is some stuff you're missing. I tend to have a second account with a caster flagged in case the LFM panel is slow; some of these may be difficult if you're on a melee life.
    Ah, yeah! Sorry, I thought I included in the post that I'm mostly a solo player. Musta been an earlier edit or something. The first time I wrote up the post was on my phone, and it ate it, so I had to re-do the whole thing.

Missing is good for 20ish thousand for two runs a day. Bring invis, swim through the channel, grab the two evidence bits in the north, DDoor back to the start (level 11 hireling fighter has the dragonmark if you don't have the spell natively), grab the last evidence, kill the boss for sneaky bonus. Trap skills in the water channel will net you the trap bonus as well.
    I've done Missing a few times, but it didn't strike me as being so easy. Maybe there's a path that I haven't seen before. Is there a video or something out there maybe?

Ghosts of Perdition isn't bad if you're a caster or have a solid group. Just make sure people have a way to raise as 400-point Polar Rays/Disintegrates aren't fun...
    Can GoP be done Solo? I know with a group it's quite the zerg, but grouping on Khyber at night when I play is pretty damn sparse.

Monastery of the Scorpion and Enter the Kobold are pretty standard farms and can be fast sub-elite. The end fights are much trickier than the rest of the quests though.
    I'll have to take a run through those. Judging by the wiki, they looked pretty horrid for a solo player tho.

A properly geared caster can zerg Sins of Attrition quite nicely. The typical character here would be a Blade Barrier class, though other casters can do well too.

Mining for Ancient Secrets and Reclaiming Memories can be quite quick with instakills or in a group, but requires island access, which in turn requires a protect-the-NPC quest.

Back in the Vale, Dust can be surprisingly short if in a full party and people split up to clear a cave each, and you have someone able to jump the second book. I've seen a six-minute completion before. I'm quite partial to Rainbow as well when dualboxing.

If you're willing to do Vol, Gianthold Tor has comparable base XP but no optionals, and doesn't require a run out in the wilderness.

I really would recommend completing your sigil for Litany though; that's a lot of fast daily XP you're giving up.
    I'm really not avoiding finishing the sigil. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I've been through 4 lives and haven't completed the sigil once. I have some of the worst luck with the RNG in this game.

Thanks for the options, though. I've really been grinding out the repeats on the quests I know. This'll give me something to look into when they're all maxxed out at 50-60% penalty.

Community Member

There were a couple of people who were quite conscientious about vidding quests (Mr Cow was one; I can't remember the other but I think he was from the Caffeine guild on Sarlona), but I don't have the links handy. For Missing, what I do is pull the first lever and invis myself, then dive into the water and head west. There is a trap in the waterway for the 8% bonus. At the end of the waterway, I'll reinvis and get the evidence by the thaarak hounds, then reinvis and climb the ladder to get the evidence in the bedroom. I'll then DDoor (fighter hireling dragonmark if necessary) and invis and grab the final evidence, then make a dash for the end fight. This was taking five or six minutes according to my buffs.

GoP is soloable, but the difficulty depends on the character type. To handle the two brothers solo, I would run past the first and clear the trash on the way to the second. Then I'd nick the second brother. The first will run down and lasso initially, but in my experience, after he rubberbands once, he'll run directly down to the second brother and you can prep both at the same time. The end fight is soloable even on a melee, but it's difficult due to the near-constant antimagic field; AoEs like Ice Storm, Acid Rain, Chain Lightning; and the aforementioned 400-point Disintegrates/Polar Rays. You'd pretty much need resists on gear (or ship buffs) and a Silver Flame Necklace or three to absorb the neg levels (and the charges get drained by the arcane skellies' auras!).

Just because you're primarily solo doesn't mean you can't put up an LFM to help complete your sigil... I would suggest doing your nonorchard farms while you have an LFM up for Vol or another orchard quest, saying you need whatever sigil part you're missing. It costs you nothing to post.

Enter the Kobold is soloable, but the end fight is fairly brutal due to the spammed fire AoEs. If you don't mind running normal, it's not too bad, and you can park a hireling at the end lever to let you up to the shrine if you die--just make sure not to fight too far away. Beware that the bosses have a tendency to cast Dispel and Hold if you're soloing. They also lasso; if you drag them into the hallway they'll teleport back and regain full health.

Monastery is also soloable on hard even on a melee, even if you don't know the puzzle. If you have a solver up, you can invis and kite the boss up the ramps... once you're at the top, you can jump down and do a couple of buttons and then run back up the ramps again to buy some more time. I don't remember if clerics spawn on hard/norm, but if not you could theoretically kill Sanyassi instead of doing the puzzle. For elite, the respawns are probably way too quick to do solo unless you have dependable CC.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I tend to spend my level 18 to 20 ranges hanging out in the vale quests, Inspired quarter, Dreaming Dark, and Amrath quests as well as Vale, Necro, Reaver's, and Amrath S/R/E's when I don't feel like actually grouping up and just want to play some music and mindlessly murder things. But everyone's tastes are different, try using your adventure list thingy as a todo list and see which ones YOU think are good and enjoy doing.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I like to make a couple of passes through Amrath S/R/E at lvls 18-20. Also Orchard and Vales S/R/E can get you a long ways.

Inspired Quarter has a lot of quests in there an all of them can be solo'd (Maybe difficult on Elite).

The Lords of Dust is an easy quest to farm daily for XP. Servants of the Overloard is also some good XP but a little more difficult. Finally, I find Beyond the Rift gives out some good XP and is very easy (even on Elite).

I don't spend much time in Revers Refuge (Except for the wilderness area) and I don't usually run the Amtrath quests either unless in a group.

If you don't mind spending the Money, get the Shadowfell pack. That gives you two new wilderness areas and 9 (If I recall) new quests at the lvl 19 range.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    try using your adventure list thingy as a todo list and see which ones YOU think are good and enjoy doing.
    ^This.

If you have always run on an optimal XP path, and want to derive from it because of any reason, the best way to check out is trying the quests yourself and see if you like them.

Also, remember that U20 will change the XP in a lot of quests in this level range. So don't just check them out, see they are low XP, and thus never worth to be run again. It might be worth a re-check once U20 lands.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

I do the following:

Sins of Attrition, elite, SOLO. Dungeon scaling makes this quest murder with 3 or more in the group; solo and with a source of DR that works against mobs that deal lawful, evil and magic damage, the quest is doable. Farm on Normal afterward, then do one hard.

A New Invasion, elite, solo or duo. This quest takes a fair bit of foreknowledge to do solo but is a LOT of fun. The end fight is arguably the hardest Heroic level non-raid fight other than Enter the Kobold, Stealer of Souls Sor'jek and Gianthold Tor's blue draon, but it is a blast. Only do runs with first time bonuses and skip this if you do not know it.

Enter the Kobold. This is a very difficult end fight and is done best on a character with a >28 Reflex save and stacked fire absorb gear. You don't need Evasion but you do need deathward, the saves I mentioned and uninterruptable self-healing. Very farmable on N.

Monastery of the Scorpion. Best XP/minute at high level, requires a few tricks on elite but forgiving on lower settings.

Some things I do for fun that are not good XP:

- Bastion of Power. My better characters try to solo this on elite at 18 or 19. Not many succeed.
    - Blown to Bits. PUG it, and keep score - the more character deaths you cause, the higher you score.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Here's a video for the Missing invis run as described earlier.

Community Member

Which 'protect the NPC' quest are you referring to? Island access only requires Eye of the Titan, and there is nothing in there you have to protect.

The only 'protect' quests in IQ or DD is the one on the ship for the yellow Mindsunder disk, and Finding the Path...Both are part of the first chain, not the 2nd, and the 2 chains are completely independent of each other.

Community Member

Litany: Worth farming for sigils if u do Vol anyway. Just keep doing vol and they'll eventually appear (hopefully. if not at least it helps ur next life.) This quest is easily 2x more XP/min than any other at least for me.

Mining for ancient secrets & The other one with the wraith: Both very short but best XP/min quests. Sadly they will be nerfed in u20.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by digital_terror1 View Post
    Which 'protect the NPC' quest are you referring to? Island access only requires Eye of the Titan, and there is nothing in there you have to protect.
    Yes, you're correct; I'd misremembered.

Community Member

Are you in a hurry? I usually hit all the quests past level 12 on elite and I try to hit the fun optionals. What's the point of TRing if you won't take your insane twinked out character against the harder boss fights?

If you are trying to window-farm, use the quests with lots of bonus xp. Think of the soon-to-be-nerfed Temple of Vol: A good party can farm that quest at -80% because you can always get +10% no deaths, +10% no reentries +25% conquest +15% ransack +15% traps and the shield optional. It looks worse than doing each quest once per day on paper, but it ends up being better because there's no downtime. You don't waste time running around and you get into a state of flow and keep grinding for an hour or more, going faster on each run.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar