Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56
  1. #21
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    886

    Default

    A rational answer to the psychological question would be: they despise the people who are destroying the object of pleasure that was given to them in 2006. Are those the very same people who gave DDO to them? I don't know, some might be, some might not.

    How are they destroying the game? Its been discussed too many times lately. To make it short: unpopular changes or lack of popular changes.

    Whats the purpose of all these angry threads? To make Turbine interact better - and listen to - their players.

    2 cents.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

  2. #22
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    A rational answer to the psychological question would be: they despise the people who are destroying the object of pleasure that was given to them in 2006. Are those the very same people who gave DDO to them? I don't know, some might be, some might not.

    How are they destroying the game? Its been discussed too many times lately. To make it short: unpopular changes or lack of popular changes.

    Whats the purpose of all these angry threads? To make Turbine interact better - and listen to - their players.

    2 cents.
    You're wrong, because obviously, If you don't like beign here, go, we (the fanbois) won't miss you.
    And dont you dare to say that you love this game, because, if you would, then you would've never post anything on our belloved, holy turbine, and you'd never wanted them to change anything, because everything is perfect right now abf if you dissagree, then obviously you don't love this game, and we (the fanbois) dont need you here.
    Be gone, and don't you never, ever dare to spit your evil venom of hurful lies, at our holy beloved turbine!

  3. #23
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    I rate this troll a 7 out of 10. It was pretty good, but it didn't summon enough of the "all is fine" fanbois to Turbine's defense. I reserve the right to adjust this rating later.

    With that said . . . listen to the latest podcast. Glin seems to 'get it' even if he doesn't communicate things fast enough to us here. My d000m rating is only at about 35% right now.

  4. #24
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    You're wrong, because obviously, If you don't like beign here, go, we (the fanbois) won't miss you.
    And dont you dare to say that you love this game, because, if you would, then you would've never post anything on our belloved, holy turbine, and you'd never wanted them to change anything, because everything is perfect right now abf if you dissagree, then obviously you don't love this game, and we (the fanbois) dont need you here.
    Be gone, and don't you never, ever dare to spit your evil venom of hurful lies, at our holy beloved turbine!
    You're wrong, because obviously, if you had been here as long as we (the haters) have then you would know that turbine never fix anything!
    And dont you dare to say that turbine ever listen, because, if you would, then you would've never read anything we've ever said about beloved turbine, and you'd never wanted them to fix anything, because everything is borked right now and if you dissagree, then obviously you don't know this game, and we (the haters) dont need you here.
    Be gone, and don't you never, ever dare to spout anything other than negative purile rants, at our holy beloved turbine!

  5. #25
    Community Member Aeolwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the outside, looking in
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Seriously... What is wrong with these people? Are they just not rational and reasonable?
    This is the most likely issue. As those capable of reasoning and rationing have done so or are in the process thereof.
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

  6. #26
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Seriously... What is wrong with these people? Are they just not rational and reasonable?
    I am neither rational or reasonable. Apparantly it's not reasonable to want a game to get better with each update instead of arguably worse.

    Now hjeal meh.

  7. #27
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    I disagree. This is not a democracy, there is no entitlement here. An individual that pays to support the game so that others may enjoy it certainly deserves a bit more consideration that those that do not.
    If they were the only ones here, theyd be logging into ghost towns. MMO companies cant ONLY cater to the big spenders, even if they can keep the game afloat on them alone.

    Even if someone was premium, bought everything they wanted in one fell swoop then never spent another dime, they can still have an impact on Turbines revenue. They are the ones pulling 3 EE dragon helms a week out of Tor, which have been selling for ~40 bucks in shards each. Most of those shards are bought, so out of the 120 dollars in shards that were spend ~100 dollars of them were bought straight from Turbine. Thats roughly 100 dollars a week they are earning for Turbine, even if that player never spent a dime.

    There are plenty of other examples of how someone who doesnt spend money any more still helps Turbine make money.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  8. #28
    Community Member Superhik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    ...
    Now hjeal meh.

  9. #29
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,151

    Default

    Honestly, the OP has a valid point hidden in that wall of text horror. Turbine would do better to start talking to people openly, honestly, like rational businessmen with their customer base. A lot of the rage has been fueled for years by the complete silence on everything. Sure, you'll still have a crackpot or to screaming "they're lying! I've worked for every mmo possible and this can be coded!" if they sat down and said something simple like "With our engine we cannot code X addition players want" and were done with it and on to the next topic.

    However, Turbine has made it abundantly clear that it isn't going to happen, so they've created an environment of anger and rage and always seem slightly surprised by it. History has taught us clearly that in a culture of silence, the masses start making up things and guessing, and that takes on a life of it's own, both in micro and macrocosms.

    I don't know if it's because they're terrified of bad press, mass exodi, or what, but it's time to get over that fear, and either allow Tolero more freedom or hire someone new whose entire job it is to inform the public in a calm, rational, businesslike manner instead of ignoring the public. But it'll never happen.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  10. #30
    Community Member Kalimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    My d000m rating is only at about 35% right now.
    That in and of itself should raise our DEFCON level
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

  11. #31
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

    Seriously... What is wrong with these people? Are they just not rational and reasonable?
    One could argue that you unyielding defense of Turbine is neither rational nor reasonable. Perhaps even unhealthy.

    As I mentioned in another thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    For every Turbine cheerleader who says if you don't like the game get the hell out:

    This is why many of us stay and I feel bad for you that you will never have a connection to anything other than a game company while playing DDO. The people with whom I have played consistently with during the last 6 years are some of the oddest and crazy fun people I have met, in game and out. Many of these people will do whatever they can to help each other and while many of them are complete jerks, I wouldn't have them any other way!

    Kudos to you all!
    In response to:

    Quote Originally Posted by drausk View Post
    If it wasn't for you all I don't know if I would stick around as long as I have or in these recent changing times. I love the game, and hate at the same time, but you guys and gals are what makes it memorable and worth logging in. Take care all and happy questing.
    It's quite reasonable to stick around because of your friends and those you play with. Some times I go places and do things that I don't necessarily like with RL friends because it allows me time to hang out with people I enjoy being around. Some times it's not the venue but the company you keep that is enjoyable. But at the same time, if your going to spend time playing this with your friends, you still would like the best game you can get.

    I find it unconscionable that you completely diminish other peoples opinion with whom you don't agree with. I get your a undying fan of Turbine. I respect your stances for the most part even tho I don't agree with them. Maybe you would get less heat if you would do the same in return.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 10-29-2013 at 11:09 AM.

  12. #32
    Community Member memloch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Canada
    Posts
    202

    Default Thanks Turbine

    The bugs and changes have gotten so bad that the group I normally play with just says "THANKS TURBINE" whenever we come across something that does not work right or is a PITA.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

    Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.webs.com/

  13. #33
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Honestly, the OP has a valid point hidden in that wall of text horror. Turbine would do better to start talking to people openly, honestly, like rational businessmen with their customer base. A lot of the rage has been fueled for years by the complete silence on everything. Sure, you'll still have a crackpot or to screaming "they're lying! I've worked for every mmo possible and this can be coded!" if they sat down and said something simple like "With our engine we cannot code X addition players want" and were done with it and on to the next topic.

    However, Turbine has made it abundantly clear that it isn't going to happen, so they've created an environment of anger and rage and always seem slightly surprised by it. History has taught us clearly that in a culture of silence, the masses start making up things and guessing, and that takes on a life of it's own, both in micro and macrocosms.

    I don't know if it's because they're terrified of bad press, mass exodi, or what, but it's time to get over that fear, and either allow Tolero more freedom or hire someone new whose entire job it is to inform the public in a calm, rational, businesslike manner instead of ignoring the public. But it'll never happen.
    This is a good point...

    I (along with everyone else) have asked Turbine to increase Amrath and Cannith experience for YEARS. I never could understand why this would be hard. I just assumed base exp was an entry in a database table somewhere (or maybe worst case, hard-coded), but still it should have been a single entry to fix it during some update...

    Finally, after ignoring our requests for years, they explained that experience is based on some crazy formula that takes in a ton of variables to determine base exp. I'm still flabbergasted that that is how exp is calculated (every quest is hand-built and unique, so a single formula that works for all quests seems impossible to me), but at least now I know WHY experience wasn't adjusted for all those years...

    All they had to do is explain that years ago, and I wouldn't have had some ill-will towards them for not making what I assumed was an extremely simple and logical change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  14. #34
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by memloch View Post
    The bugs and changes have gotten so bad that the group I normally play with just says "THANKS TURBINE" whenever we come across something that does not work right or is a PITA.
    Do you say "Thanks Turbine" every time the game works correctly? They are dozens of games you could be playing instead. But you choose to play this one. That explicitly says "THIS game is the best one out there..."

    Turbine devs can't suck that bad if every other game sucks worse. Every time you log into DDO, you are explicitly saying "Turbine, your game is better than all the others"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  15. #35
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I find it unconscionable that you completely diminish other peoples opinion with whom you don't agree with.
    I love good ideas and suggestion threads to make the game better... I only jump on people who post stuff like "Turbine sux, and I despise the devs"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  16. #36
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    You're wrong, because obviously, If you don't like beign here, go, we (the fanbois) won't miss you.
    And dont you dare to say that you love this game, because, if you would, then you would've never post anything on our belloved, holy turbine, and you'd never wanted them to change anything, because everything is perfect right now abf if you dissagree, then obviously you don't love this game, and we (the fanbois) dont need you here.
    Be gone, and don't you never, ever dare to spit your evil venom of hurful lies, at our holy beloved turbine!
    Thanks for the laugh.



    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

  17. #37
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superhik View Post
    LOL! Can't stop laughing about that one. Thanks.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

  18. #38
    Community Member memloch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Canada
    Posts
    202

    Default I do Luv the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Do you say "Thanks Turbine" every time the game works correctly? They are dozens of games you could be playing instead. But you choose to play this one. That explicitly says "THIS game is the best one out there..."

    Turbine devs can't suck that bad if every other game sucks worse. Every time you log into DDO, you are explicitly saying "Turbine, your game is better than all the others"
    I do luv the game. It is why I have been playing for so long. It is just that we do say "Thanks Turbine" more often now. Would love it if they did one update of pure bug fixes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

    Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.webs.com/

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    However, your poor financial decisions don't entitle you to any more consideration than everyone else who plays this game, and the fact you have a sense of entitlement about spending "thousands of dollars" on an online game doesn't really help you make the case that you're more important or better than us.
    I disagree. I think that paying customers are certainly more important to Turbine than non-paying customers. Why wouldn't they be?

  20. #40
    Community Member SiliconScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    . . . listen to the latest podcast. Glin seems to 'get it' even if he doesn't communicate things fast enough to us here. My d000m rating is only at about 35% right now.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxGBNAciMwM#t=96


    22:30 to 39:30 -> Glin and others talk about reincarnation
    some bullet points that he touched on (these are summarized rather than direct quotes)
    • talks about TR being the only real end game
    • talks about more endgame options next year
    • 5+ lives is the "hard core" mile marker internally
    • overestimated popularity of SAGA's did not delve deep to see if they were actually being completed
    • chose sagas over only using Shards (weren't enough in economy)
    • didn't fully understand changes to TR game over the last year (ie more players doing it)
    • because TR became easier it's now more popular and they didn't anticipate / expect it's growth
    • sagas will now not be the way to get Commendations of Valor, not decided on what will be the method
    • at a high level they don't want to limit or dictate the order or content needed
    • Comms will be available at epic content, unsure if all epic content or only certain places or times
    • not expecting heroic hearts to be touched at this point but it's not official. This may change later but they want to be very careful there and will spend a lot more time discussing and looking at that before touching Heroic.
    • from their perspective heroic tr is somewhat broken, happy that players don't appear to think so.
    • Tokens of Twelve will be for Heroic TR, Commendations for Epic and Iconic
    Last edited by SiliconScout; 10-29-2013 at 03:23 PM.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload