Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1. #1
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default Breaking my silence.

    Hello angry forum people. Hello Turbine. I have been playing this game for close to 7 years now and though I visit the forums regularly have only posted once or twice before many years ago. Many times I have silently shaked my head at the mindless forum ragers as well as the covert and passive aggressive moderators. All the while thinking this forum is a pointless no man's land for unheard outbursts of rage. Well congratulations Turbine I am finally angry enough that i am adding my voice to the chorus. I have been a VIP since shortly after release of the game. I am also the pay-to-win poster boy having spent thousands of dollars into your DDO store. Yet this means nothing to you because many players post intro's like this before voicing their complaints and frankly your too jaded towards them to care.

    Advice time. I know you are tired of "helpful" un-asked for advice on the forums but if you read this I highly recommend giving it some thought. Forget the disaster that is Mabar. It is an embarrassment for your company that is in your best interest to correct but let's think long term. Update 20 is also a PR nightmare that I say good luck to (By the way I hate the proposed changes as well). The big issue that may "kill this game" is Turbine has atrocious customer support. Seriously have you ever tried reporting a bug or bringing up a complaint to your staff? By far the worst I have ever seen and I have seen pretty bad. If you want to pacify the masses what you need is total transparency, preferably by someone with a good sense of humor. No more cloak and daggers ****, no more vague insinuations. You need COMPLETE transparency about everything and anything. If a customer asks a question you need to give an honest answer. As of right now I have seen steps attempted in this direction but it always falls horribly short and regresses. If you still maintain the services of the individual that does the Cubethulu bit I recommend promoting him to a PR forum representative. He is funny and straight forward, a good "face" for your strongly disliked company. As it stands I see short snappy to the point "lawyer style" updates that often bring up more questions then it answers. Frankly any time I see a positive player post I wonder if it is a Turbine employee posing as a player to get an opinion out or defend a viewpoint. Because everyone I talk to in game and I mean everyone generally despises your company. To mention your company name usually inspires a few snickers followed shortly by horror stories of bad customer service experiences. The fact that this has been going on for years now is an embarrassment not only to the employees of Turbine but an embarrassment to the player base. I actually get made fun of by friends who play other MMO's because I continue to let your company "use and abuse me". It is humiliating how bad you guys have gotten, seriously it is past time for some reform.

    Oh yeah and "please fix the bugs". Because I know you have not heard that line enough in 7 years.

    P.S. To any angry players that read this I highly recommend you quit wasting your time here on these forums and go straight to Warner Bros. with a petition or something. Historically Turbine does not care but I am willing to bet Turbine's "Boss" may just care a bit about an investment that is getting driven into the ground. If anything Warner Bros. actually cares about it's PR image and may act just to preserve it if nothing else.

  2. #2
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,003

    Default

    wait for it...

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    220

    Default

    You attempt to save vs wall of text
    You roll: 1 critical failure!!

  4. #4
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    You attempt to save vs wall of text
    You roll: 1 critical failure!!
    that's 1

    now wait for something different...

  5. #5
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Thank you for your post.

    It was a well thought out post that shows what the players, not just the "usual suspects" think and feel about the game. I too have often wondered about how even the players who play DDO hold Turbine as a company in contempt, from the jokes about what Features™ they will add this update, to countless other things, and in some cases it's not even anger, but, like they are commenting on watching a train wreck as it's happening.

    Anyway, welcome to the light of the forums, I hope this post of yours does not gander you too much hate from the rabid fanboi's.
    Last edited by Ungood; 10-28-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: uggh does NOT.

  6. #6
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default My Apologies for being long winded. Allow me to summarize...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    You attempt to save vs wall of text
    You roll: 1 critical failure!!
    Paragraph 1: Hi peoples! Me play long time and spend lot of money! Not like anyone cares though! ;D

    Paragraph 2: Turbine please listen to my plea. Fix the issue with your PR department before negative customer opinion kills this game.

    P.S. Turbine forums are a poor place to vent because it is largely ignored. I recommend players move to Warner Bros. forums or directly petition their PR board of director.

    Better?

  7. #7
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    that's 1

    now wait for something different...
    ÓMFG this g@m3 is t3h ub3r3st thing 3v@h!!1!
    Hów d@r3 u 2 spit3 ur 3vil v3nóm @t óur <3d hóly turbin3!!1!
    If u nó lik3 b3ign h3r3, G.T.F.Ó.!!1!
    4nd dónt s@y u <3 this g@m3, cus if u'd th3? u'd n3v@ 3v@ póst @nything ón óur b3<3d holy turbin3, @nd u'd n3v3r w@nt3d th3m to ch@ng3 @nything, cuz 3v3rything is p3rf3ct now!!1! If u disagr33 th@t 3v3rything is p3rf3ct, th3n obviously u don't <3 this g@m3, & w3 dónt n33d u h3r3!!1!


    Is this what you are looking for?
    Last edited by Vellrad; 10-28-2013 at 08:17 PM.

  8. #8
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    886

    Default

    I'd give you a +1 if I could, OP.

    I have to agree with you. The way Turbine manages this forums is awful IMO. We could use some good people to do this kind of job.
    Last edited by HernandoCortez; 10-28-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: not to hurt oversensitive people's feelings
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

  9. #9
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    ÓMFG this g@m3 is t3h ub3r3st thing 3v@h!!1!
    Hów d@r3 u 2 spit3 ur 3vil v3nóm @t óur <3d hóly turbin3!!1!
    If u nó lik3 b3ign h3r3, G.T.F.Ó.!!1!
    ?nd dónt s@y u <3 this g@m3, cus if u'd th3? u'd ?3v@ 3v@ póst @nything ón óur b3<3d holy turbin3, @nd u'd n3v3r w@nt3d th3m to ch@ng3 @nything, cuz 3v3rything is p3rf3ct now!!1! If u disagr33 th@t 3v3rything is p3rf3ct, th3n obviously u don't <3 this g@m3, @?d w3 dónt n33d u h3r3!!1!


    Is this what you are looking for?
    I tip my hat to your mastery of 1337 speak good sir.

  10. #10
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    ...Frankly any time I see a positive player post I wonder if it is a Turbine employee posing as a player to get an opinion out or defend a viewpoint...
    Well as long as we are being suspicious today, is the thread "A New Low in Customer Service" from a day or two ago also from you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scuddy View Post
    I have repeatedly turned in in-game support tickets today. Turbines in-game representatives keep closing them out without even talking with me in-game. I have requested to talk with a CS person in-game and yet your reps still keep closing them without contacting me. In return I eventually got threatened with a ban for submitting multiple tickets when this was done because you keep repeatedly failing to answer my ticket. At this point I am not sure you are even reading them. Your in-game support fails to answer my questions and when it eventually does it just refers me to departments that are not available through the in-game support and fails to adequately tell me how to contact them. If you are going to give me a canned response it should at least include the correct way to contact departments you refer me to. ideally this could be even part of the help interface. It also seems like threatening a customer with a ban off of a CS ticket that you neglect to adequately answer is a customer service fail.
    I'm only asking because these threads are a bit similar...

    I read another thread started by the above poster just now since I was curious. The thread was from 2012, but he said he had been playing for 5 years. Do you think this is exaggeration, or does he have an alt acount that began in 2007?

  11. #11
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Well as long as we are being suspicious today, is the thread "A New Low in Customer Service" from a day or two ago also from you?



    I'm only asking because these threads are a bit similar...

    I read another thread started by the above poster just now since I was curious. The thread was from 2012, but he said he had been playing for 5 years. Do you think this is exaggeration, or does he have an alt acount that began in 2007?
    Unfortunately no though he does have some good points. Last I posted on the forum I believe there was not even a DDO store. My primary character is on Sarlona and is an aspiring completionist named "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon". I have a tendency to help people in the advice channel. Also I am very out spoken during Festivult, so I am sure just about any long standing player on Sarlona has at least seen my name pop up a few times.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    I am also the pay-to-win poster boy having spent thousands of dollars into your DDO store.
    Thank you for wasting your money, so the rest of us don't have to

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    Yet this means nothing to you because many players post intro's like this before voicing their complaints and frankly your too jaded towards them to care.
    However, your poor financial decisions don't entitle you to any more consideration than everyone else who plays this game, and the fact you have a sense of entitlement about spending "thousands of dollars" on an online game doesn't really help you make the case that you're more important or better than us.

  13. #13
    Community Member Veriden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    I think half of the forum ragers are turbine employees.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Thank you for wasting your money, so the rest of us don't have to



    However, your poor financial decisions don't entitle you to any more consideration than everyone else who plays this game, and the fact you have a sense of entitlement about spending "thousands of dollars" on an online game doesn't really help you make the case that you're more important or better than us.
    I disagree. This is not a democracy, there is no entitlement here. An individual that pays to support the game so that others may enjoy it certainly deserves a bit more consideration that those that do not.

  15. #15
    Community Member Meetch1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The land down under.
    Posts
    1,033

    Default Entitlement?

    IMNSHO one's feeling of entitlement towards anything is pretty much irrelevant in any case. What matters to me is whether I anticipate having fun playing the game. If I don't, I won't bother logging in. What affects me in this respect are things like:
    * Do I feel like soloing? If not, is there likely to be anyone else on who'll create / hit an LFM ?
    * Are there bugs that affect my character? Right now my monk needs death ward to protect himself from his "Every Light Casts a Shadow" ability... as does anyone else nearby when the secondary effect triggers.
    * Is there anything new to do?
    * Should I be looking out for / trying to acquire new gear for my main character, who's on life 6 but seems to have largely redundant raid gear in the TR cache thanks to loot changes? Am I wasting my time, considering I don't have all that many hours to play and something else may change completely between acquisition of new shiny and when I get to play that class it was intended for early to mid next year?
    * Will my wife mind if she wakes up and comes to see what I'm doing, and sees I'm on DDO?
    * Can I bother starting the client twice again thanks to the timeout on first login? Would I like to bother with the precache tool?

    I've only spent hundreds of dollars since 2009, all up less than $100/year so I don't feel ripped off. But I'd like to be looking forward to the next login.

    I haven't given up on DDO yet, but the enthusiasm level has dropped a bit of late... maybe it's break time. We'll see.
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

  16. #16
    Community Member Khalesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    that's 1

    now wait for something different...
    I believe the answer you are looking for is ....

    Can I have your stuff???

  17. #17
    Community Member Limey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    385

    Default

    I actually think the "bosses" at WB care much less than the Turbine dudes who post here. To them this is a freaky little niche sideshow that is not exactly a goldmine for them.

    As far as customer support, I have submitted about 3 since 2006 and always had a quick, polite response. The last one was when my EDs were wiped after a TR, I got a tell and the +guy spent much time assisting me to get them back.

    I am disappointed that the Mabar event had problems, although I was happy enough getting about 75% completions. I can not understand the drama some people exhibit on these forums, how can they get so emotional over few pixels? I love the game but if if closed tomorrow for good, who cares, get a life.

    DDO's most annoying attribute is that it continues to be the best, yet still flawed, MMO out there.

  18. #18
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    I'd give you a +1 if I could, OP.

    I have to agree with you. The way Turbine manages this forums is awful IMO. We could use some good people to do this kind of job.
    You think Turbine's forum management policy have an affect on the quality of posts on the forum? Or maybe the quality of complaining can be improved?

    If you're asking for more regular input and feedback from the producers and developers to give us a peek behind the curtain then I'll support it. If you're having a dig at Tolero or Cordovan as the Community liason people then you're a clown.

  19. #19
    Community Member Meleena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    132

    Default Hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    Unfortunately no though he does have some good points. Last I posted on the forum I believe there was not even a DDO store. My primary character is on Sarlona and is an aspiring completionist named "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon". I have a tendency to help people in the advice channel. Also I am very out spoken during Festivult, so I am sure just about any long standing player on Sarlona has at least seen my name pop up a few times.
    Is that You Chummer?

  20. #20
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetch1972 View Post
    IMNSHO one's feeling of entitlement towards anything is pretty much irrelevant in any case. What matters to me is whether I anticipate having fun playing the game. If I don't, I won't bother logging in. What affects me in this respect are things like:
    * Do I feel like soloing? If not, is there likely to be anyone else on who'll create / hit an LFM ?
    * Are there bugs that affect my character? Right now my monk needs death ward to protect himself from his "Every Light Casts a Shadow" ability... as does anyone else nearby when the secondary effect triggers.
    * Is there anything new to do?
    * Should I be looking out for / trying to acquire new gear for my main character, who's on life 6 but seems to have largely redundant raid gear in the TR cache thanks to loot changes? Am I wasting my time, considering I don't have all that many hours to play and something else may change completely between acquisition of new shiny and when I get to play that class it was intended for early to mid next year?
    * Will my wife mind if she wakes up and comes to see what I'm doing, and sees I'm on DDO?
    * Can I bother starting the client twice again thanks to the timeout on first login? Would I like to bother with the precache tool?

    I've only spent hundreds of dollars since 2009, all up less than $100/year so I don't feel ripped off. But I'd like to be looking forward to the next login.

    I haven't given up on DDO yet, but the enthusiasm level has dropped a bit of late... maybe it's break time. We'll see.
    Now that's a good post with good specifics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload