Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    f anything Warner Bros. actually cares about it's PR image and may act just to preserve it if nothing else.
    Be careful what you wish for: this horrible generic "random loot redesign" and the awful horrible pasty vanilla generic named loot on Lam and in the "expansion" positively screams upper management getting involved and dictating bad game design.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Do you say "Thanks Turbine" every time the game works correctly? They are dozens of games you could be playing instead. But you choose to play this one. That explicitly says "THIS game is the best one out there..."
    Whoa there horsey, I play this game because it is not "the best" game out there, thank you very much. In fact, I had to quit playing the best game I played, because I could not stop myself from playing and, after months of logging in over 40+ hour weeks, along with a full time job, and a family, when I finally broke the daze, I was like "*** happened to me"

So, lets not assume everyone plays for the same reasons there, I came back to DDO because it was "I've got friends here" and playing MMO's a fun hobby to me. If it's the best game you ever played, then Kudos to you, but don't think that is what everyone thinks, that would be like thinking that because someone opted to get a McD's burger is was best burger they ever had.

Community Member

Nothing to see here...
    Last edited by Schaden_freude; 10-29-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    TL: R
    Public Relations, Customer Service and The Defs that fix bugs are different things.

Personally I find it hysterical that the GM's suggest that players have to fill in a bug report if the ticket is about something that's not on their known error list, can't they even forward the message?
    Also if it is something that's on their know error list their standard response is that they know about it but can't do anything about it.
    Do you see the catch-22 there?

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    that would be like thinking that because someone opted to get a McD's burger is was best burger they ever had.
    If someone gets a McD's burger every single night, and then tells everyone "Yo, McDonalds sux! I despise McDonalds...", and the next night they go get McDonalds again, I'm going to think that person is retarded.

I think you see where I'm going with this.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 10-29-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Now if someone gets McDonald's every night, and then says "You know McDonalds is good, but it was better when they had the McRib, they should bring back the McRib, man!"

That I consider a constructive post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleena View Post
    Is that You Chummer?
    You bet your tusks it is "C".

If someone gets a McD's burger every single night, and then tells everyone "Yo, McDonalds sux! I despise McDonalds...", and the next night they go get McDonalds again, I'm going to think that person is retarded.

As it stands, I see exactly where you are going with this, but at the same token most (if not all) people who frequent McD's know it's cheap food, even if they eat it every day, they are not under some illusion that it's high quality dining, they are buying it because it's fast and cheap.

At the same time, If someone went into a McD's calming that it was best food they ever had, the majority of the patrons and the staff would think they were bat guano nuts.

So there is a line between the two that needs to struck, that realist point, where you understand what you are eating, you understand it's quality, and you understand that it's what you are enjoying at the moment, but more then that, you grasp why you are enjoying it.

Community Member

Yeah- MacDonald's.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    As it stands, I see exactly where you are going with this, but at the same token most (if not all) people who frequent McD's know it's cheap food, even if they eat it every day, they are not under some illusion that it's high quality dining, they are buying it because it's fast and cheap.
    And open when nothing else is, at least in my town. :P

Now if someone gets McDonald's every night, and then says "You know McDonalds is good, but it was better when they had the McRib, they should bring back the McRib, man!"

That I consider a constructive post.
    MD sucks, McRib sucks, DDO sucks, unless you want to get onto the never ending TR epic TR heroic iconic TR TR TR TR TR TR TR effin hamster wheel, and for what? There's no end game, no end loot, who cares if your uber PM 7000 life wizzy can finger everything in the game, there isn't a reason to do it. After realizing that even playing over the weekend and this week with all the failed freeze frame mabar dragons there would be no way to even get a single +5 tome on any of my toons, I downloaded the updates for Guild Wars 2 and played that for a bit, it was fun. My VIP expires in a few days, was thinking that I might renew for 6 months, now.. not so much.

Oh and add to that, the Turbine solution for epic elite content is take epic normal and just 100x the spawns and let red dungeon alert do the work for them is just icing on the cake for me personally... T
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

Glin you should not post on an alt account!
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    MD sucks, McRib sucks, DDO sucks, unless you want to get onto the never ending TR epic TR heroic iconic TR TR TR TR TR TR TR effin hamster wheel, and for what? There's no end game, no end loot, who cares if your uber PM 7000 life wizzy can finger everything in the game, there isn't a reason to do it. After realizing that even playing over the weekend and this week with all the failed freeze frame mabar dragons there would be no way to even get a single +5 tome on any of my toons, I downloaded the updates for Guild Wars 2 and played that for a bit, it was fun. My VIP expires in a few days, was thinking that I might renew for 6 months, now.. not so much.

Oh and add to that, the Turbine solution for epic elite content is take epic normal and just 100x the spawns and let red dungeon alert do the work for them is just icing on the cake for me personally... T
    Thanks for playing.

GW2 is a great game, and I hope you enjoy it.

I'm enamored the title of this thread. It reads like a Lifetime original movie.

Valerie Bertinelli and Shelley Long in... Breaking My Silence.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Darthsarlacc View Post
    Turbine is very unappreciated. DDO is one of the best games ever made it just keeps getting better.

If you cant see the wonderful gift that Turbine has given us, just leave.
    Can't see if sarcasm or serious...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Can't see if sarcasm or serious...
    I know how you feel - between poor attempts at trolling, reverse trolling, counter-reverse trolling......
    I can barely follow most threads these days.

Makes me appreciate people who just outright flame others - at least I can get what's going on

It's why I appreciate Teh_Troll. Direct, up-front and straight forward honesty right from the start.
    And as has been mentioned previously, often with a fair dose of wisdom thrown in.
    Add Shifters as a PC race - please.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123