Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nope, I have no personal issue with it whatsoever. Its the understanding that untethering the financial success from the quality of the game itself that causes erosion of the quality of the game that I have been posting about. Its the very same erosion of the quality of the game that the exploiters pointed at in order to justify what they did. Oh wait.....too soon?
    I don't have an issue with the quality of the game. Must be why I didn't exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden_freude View Post
    I don't have an issue with the quality of the game. Must be why I didn't exploit.
    So you created a completely new account simply for asthetic reasons?

Community Member

So you created a completely new account simply for asthetic reasons?
    What happened to "It's not the number of posts..." blahblahblah.

But since you asked, I didn't feel like tracking down the account I made after the forum switch and I wanted to laugh at the Occupy movement. But then the exploiters showed up and they were more fun to mock.

you point to the erosion of the game as the reason they did it, yet you support the entire reason why the erosion of the game occurred in the first place. Store sales becomming the center concern has caused the quality of the game to lose more and more focus.
    How is it even remotely possible to conceive how items in the store erode the quality of the game itself, but, you know what, never mind, it's not worth it.

Nope, I have no personal issue with it whatsoever.
    Right, that is why you have been on a crusade against it for years, and you talk about others waffling.

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

Can't we all just get along?

ibtl

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Right, that is why you have been on a crusade against it for years, and you talk about others waffling.

For the record, do you support Turbine altering their game to make money, or not?

How is it even remotely possible to conceive how items in the store erode the quality of the game itself, but, you know what, never mind, it's not worth it.
    Quite easy to understand.

The more the financial success of the game as an entity requires making money n store purchases, the more focus they put on this.

The more the financial success of the game as an entity requires maintaining the quality of the game itself, the more focus they put on this.

Vast support from folks such as yourself over the years on shameless p2w has caused them to untether the financial success of the game from the games quality, and tether it to store sales.

With limited resources, the more focus they put on store sales, the less focus they put on the quality of the game.

Since you supported p2w hand over fist for years, you waffled twice in the past week or so.

1. You waffled when attempting to support not banning exploiters, attempting to justify what they did by citing the lack of focus on game quality, when you openly supported the very mechanics that caused the financial success to be untethered from the quality of the game.

2. You waffled again when you didn't support needing to farm sagas for TRing, since you've supported Turbine redesigning their game to make money on it for years now.
    Last edited by Chai; 10-29-2013 at 07:12 PM.

For the record, do you support Turbine altering their game to make money, or not?
    Do you really think that sit in was about Turbine making money off their game? Just answer that, yes or no.

Quite easy to understand.

The more the financial success of the game as an entity requires making money n store purchases, the more focus they put on this.

The more the financial success of the game as an entity requires maintaining the quality of the game itself, the more focus they put on this.

Vast support from folks such as yourself over the years on shameless p2w has caused them to untether the financial success of the game from the games quality, and tether it to store sales.

With limited resources, the more focus they put on store sales, the less focus they put on the quality of the game.
    Nope. This is total Tin foil hat hogwash.

Nope. This is total Tin foil hat hogwash.
    You yourself pointed out the same lack of focus on game quality, and too much focus on making money selling TR hearts, in the bridge protest thread. But when I post it its tinfoil hat hogwash?

Waffle #3.

Class dismissed.

Do you really think that sit in was about Turbine making money off their game? Just answer that, yes or no.
    The sit in was about altering the game to make money. Specifically altering the game to take away easy access of earning the heart in game, making it less attractive to earn in game, in hopes that more people will pay to circumvent the grind by simply buying the heart in the store.

Kind of odd that you supported this all these years, then turn around and go completely against your own stance on the issue in this case.

The sit in was about altering the game to make money. Specifically altering the game to take away easy access of earning the heart in game, making it less attractive to earn in game, in hopes that more people will pay to circumvent the grind by simply buying the heart in the store.

Kind of odd that you supported this all these years, then turn around and go completely against your own stance on the issue in this case.
    A yes or No would have been better, but this, well, You are soo freaking wrong.

Having had some time to think about this subject a bit more, there are some things that would ease my mind a bit.

Finishing old systems and not creating new systems that are no better than the old system but are easier to monetize.

Revamping old quests. Not just loot but also dungeon textures creature models and random traps.

Quality of life
    Last edited by thingodoom; 10-29-2013 at 08:31 PM.

You yourself pointed out the same lack of focus on game quality, and too much focus on making money selling TR hearts, in the bridge protest thread. But when I post it its tinfoil hat hogwash?
    Nope.

In fact, No one pointed out that particular relationship between game quality and money grabs in regards to the sale of hearts at all, unless it buried under one of your P2W rants (which came under fire, when you opted to rant in the bridge thread about P2W)

Your waffle iron must be broke, because all these waffles you are trying to make, never existed.

The answer to the OP is a resounding NO. It's that simple. The latest proof is the DDO Cast - where they publicly expressed they are planning development of new content for the next two years and beyond.

The efforts to further explore area of profit will continue.. as this game will die when they can no longer offer a piece of the game for a price. In other words as long as there is value to enough parts of the DDO product.. there will be a DDO, barring any license/contract disputes/deadlines, or WB pulling the plug.

What they are doing, must be done in order to keep the staff in position to bring us the game just the way we expect it.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 10-29-2013 at 08:42 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Oh, and now I know what I'm going to buy Chai and Ungood for Christmas: a two-seater version of this - their very own mobile sit n spin :

Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 10-29-2013 at 08:41 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Nope.

In fact, No one pointed out that particular relationship between game quality and money grabs in regards to the sale of hearts at all, unless it buried under one of your P2W rants (which came under fire, when you opted to rant in the bridge thread about P2W)

Your waffle iron must be broke, because all these waffles you are trying to make, never existed.
    Wrong again. I pointed out that very relationship, many times, over the past few years, including the topic of the TR hearts recently.

Wrong again. I pointed out that very relationship, many times, over the past few years, including the topic of the TR hearts recently.
    I remember on one of those topics some people mentioning how poor taste your posts were, that must have been it.

Well, you were alone in that belief there, because it total tin foil hat hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthsarlacc View Post
    I talk to people in game all the time and almost everyone loves DDO and loves Turbine and thinks DDO will last for a very long time.
    Its only the forum peps that hate Turbine because they think its cool to be a hater.
    go back to the game. you interrupted forum banter. I like watching Ungood backpedal.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast