Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

well this sucks. Many people I know myself included made plans to farm as much Mabar this coming weekend as possible. Now that is not going to happen.

If it is not bad enough to immediately then why not let it run until the original planned date?

This is just one more thing to **** people off.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Mabar Festival of Endless Night will be concluding earlier than previously announced. The festival will be available until October 31st, ending early on the morning of November 1st.

We are currently investigating performance issues with the festival, and will be working to improve the festival in the future, including addressing many of your "lag"-related concerns. We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thank You Turbine! Sincerely this is the right course of action. The festivals are supposed to be 'fun' and what I've been experiencing is as far from fun as it gets. I've always said this is a game and it's true and people need to treat it as such BUT spending 1.5 hours or more to open an door only to have unplayable conditions is time "not well wasted" and and is outright frustrating. And then to do that repetitively in a day of playing..well OIY. You have DEFINITELY made the right call. The +5 tome is alot like that diagram of Lucy and Charlie brown that was posted earlier...as long as the ball(tome) is there, we're going to try and kick it :-) and become frustrated because we never get it. Absolutely the right call! Now I can focus on why I play the game..to make progress and have fun doing it!

Thank you for taking the ball away and bringing back the game!

One way to find a rainbow is to look for it..... Another way is to create it!!

Angry We should demand compensation.

I try not to get upset when the lag gets bad, to tell myself it's just a game, but the thing that kept me from becoming really frustrated when we lost a dragon event was the fact that I had 3 weekends to get the mere 6 signets I needed to buy what I wanted. I've gotten 2 and now they announce that they're closing things 2 weekends early. Many people are outraged by this in game and on the forums. Turbine should compensate everyone with some signets or something if they plan on ending the event 66.6% sooner than they had originally announced, then everyone who was swindled can get what they wanted.

Community Member

Could we maybe nix the 24 hour wait timer on the Signets since we are losing so much time?

Wow, i purposely paced myself to enjoy the event and not grind, grind, grind for the +5 tomes since I assumed I had 2.5 weeeks to get it done. Thanks for the kick in nuts as usual Turbine!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

The Mabar Festival of Endless Night will be concluding earlier than previously announced. The festival will be available until October 31st, ending early on the morning of November 1st.

We are currently investigating performance issues with the festival, and will be working to improve the festival in the future, including addressing many of your "lag"-related concerns. We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    Closing Mabar because it's broken: bad.
    Closing Mabar in order to fix it so that it won't be broken next time: VERY GOOD.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Default Farming for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    well this sucks. Many people I know myself included made plans to farm as much Mabar this coming weekend as possible. Now that is not going to happen.

If it is not bad enough to immediately then why not let it run until the original planned date?

This is just one more thing to **** people off.
    Farming something when it works is fine but farming something that is soo 'lagged out' that you spend an hour an a half to get to and only to have you freeze for 10 mins and fail at is pure frustration. If you were planning on farming it this weekend and you haven't tried it yet. You might consider doing so before your scheduled weekend and then ask yourself, would you like to do that all weekend.
    It does suck it getting closed earlier the scheduled agreed but it is alleviate a ton of stress/ aggravation from a lot of players that have already tried to 'farm' it and best of all it will save you from the same frustration.
    TRUST ME I've been involved in 18 dragon runs of which I have only received 6 signets. Let me put that into time wise I have spend over 28 hours of playing of which 6 signets dropped...the other times was enter ..dragon appears....freeze for 5 to 10 mins and get my ethereal key back. Brother it is painful and I just realized I play too much :-)

I honestly feel that they need to pull the festival this year even though it does suck!

My two cents

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Because it's the easiest way to get +5 tomes outside of the store. While the option is available, I WILL stubbornly try to get them on the alts that could use them.

Really, this isn't hard to understand.
    Damn straight!(applauds EllisDee)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
    Farming something when it works is fine but farming something that is soo 'lagged out' that you spend an hour an a half to get to and only to have you freeze for 10 mins and fail at is pure frustration. If you were planning on farming it this weekend and you haven't tried it yet. You might consider doing so before your scheduled weekend and then ask yourself, would you like to do that all weekend.
    It does suck it getting closed earlier the scheduled agreed but it is alleviate a ton of stress/ aggravation from a lot of players that have already tried to 'farm' it and best of all it will save you from the same frustration.
    TRUST ME I've been involved in 18 dragon runs of which I have only received 6 signets. Let me put that into time wise I have spend over 28 hours of playing of which 6 signets dropped...the other times was enter ..dragon appears....freeze for 5 to 10 mins and get my ethereal key back. Brother it is painful and I just realized I play too much :-)

I honestly feel that they need to pull the festival this year even though it does suck!

My two cents
    I farmed it this last weekend and had about a 70% success rate. and yes some were do to lag (or what ever they are blaming it on). My point is if it is broke then shut it down. Immediately.

If it is good enough to run for 3 more days, then it is good enough to run the original planned run time. Giving many of us 3 more days during the work week is no good. Many of us will be lucky to attempt 3 more runs total.

and since they are saying that it will not be back this year, makes it sound like turbine is just giving up on it. Does not give me hope for the future of this game
    Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 10-28-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I will be cancelling my VIP subscription if you don't retract your early termination.
    How many times a month do you threaten to cancel your VIP subscription?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    Mabar WAS the inconvenience.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Community Member

Default 50/50

So I skipped Mabar the last two years because I got everything I needed 3 years ago. Yay +5 tome, now I have a reason to do this. Hmm, lots of people whine and complain about "Lag" and Losing keys, definitely a buzz kill. So for me the worst part of this event is NOT the lag related wipes, but all the crying afterwards. So I was done with Mabar before the early closure was even announced.

Some food for thought though, everyone should be glad the SERVER DOES NOT CRASH! For those of you that are newer to the game you may not remember the WEEKLY server crashes us old timers had to endure. If you need a little reminder all you old timers, remember when there would be 5 shrouds up, we all went in there with our uber two weapon fighting toons and we brought the server to its KNEES? Well I do, so as far as I am concerned Mabar is a little laggy.

And with that in mind mad props to all those on the who are paid to fix things, for well, fixing things so we don't have to endure the weekly server crash anymore.

Thanks and have a great day!

P.S.

I miss my uber TWF toon

Community Member

Ok so those of us that work can't get a tome hmm that stinks but thats the way it goes I guess typical

So...wild guess time?

I'm guessing it is possible to buy 2 or more tomes if you have enough signets from the same transaction window. I have not tested that, just a guess, so could easily be wrong.

ETA: Yes, I was wrong.
    Last edited by MartinusWyllt; 10-28-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Default Mabar through the ages

Many eons ago, a manager had an idea and commanded his minions to write code to implement this idea. This idea was to celebrate a holiday containing many forms of undead. Little known to most of the minions there was one minion with an evil purpose, to make the game unplayable. This minion served a higher power and as such found a way to get many of the visitors to this realm locked in stasis. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth and the application of many external sources of information passing those in stasis were freed. The minion also created a new pet by the name of LAG. This pet would go forth and interfere with visitors of the realm in any way possible.

One year later the minion found a pill on the side of the road, this pill made the pet LAG grow in size. Minions unaware of this pet promised improvements. The festival ran several times and during each encounter the pet LAG grew.

The following year the LAG beast had become hungry and started hunting more voraciously but, being an unintelligent monster it drew curious kobolds to the gathering rather than un-dead. The manager, seeing the work the minion had been doing requested the kobolds be returned to the sewers and the pet LAG be release again nearer a holiday featuring feathered birds in one land.

This year the LAG monster had grown so large the minion that summoned it could no longer control it. While enjoying the dismay caused by this monstrous beast the manager called in a team to "investigate" and point out that the monster "LAG" did not truly exist.

What will next year bring?

-------------------------end of story time------------------------------------------------

Honestly not surprised, would have been nice to get a tome but I work far to many hours during the week to even bother at this point. Maybe next year.
    Last edited by zorander6; 10-28-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

Community Member

Default Glad it's closing, but in the meantime...

I'm actually glad Turbine is closing Mabar. It's very frustrating right now for a lot of people. Maybe it's server dependent, I don't know.

I didn't read the 9 pages of posts in this thread, so this may have been said, but here's my suggestion for the rest of the week:

Reduce the turn-ins required to open the summoning chamber to 2,500-3,000. We can still get only 1 signet per day, but people can get in and out faster. This may have the effect of reducing the number of players in each instance as well, possibly alleviating some of the performance issues.

Just a thought...

Community Member

Default The Wonders Of Free to Play

I have just finished reading all 9 page about this wonderful "problem" that I have been experiencing. so to tell you what nobody from the company will, somebody found an exploit they can get as many +5 tomes as they want and turbine is shutting it down. ever since this game went free to play it has been bound to flounder. now this is not to say that power gamers wont flock to it. but it is going to turn into another Acherons call. turbine if you want to kill the game just do it while you are ahead before people like your founders retract their subscriptions especially after some of your founders lost their accounts in the free to play transfer. I am honestly embarrassed to call myself a founder and for thinking this game would actually turn into something that could be enjoyed by everyone. but you have to cater to the power gamer and make everything faster and easier to accommodate them and not the people that play for a challenge and fun. thank you very much I will continue to play for free but ill not purchase turbine points or any other in game currency. this game is doomed unless you actually pull your heads out of your arses and fix the problems with your game and stop letting the power gamers control the flow of the game

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default How about until Monday?

Give the players another shot at it over the weekend? My son and a friend were home from college, and when the college kids come home, my internet is brought to its knees so my gaming over the weekend was limited to early morning hours before everyone woke up. Which means one run.

I saw someone else asked for Thanksgiving. Heck no, but I know I am in the minority on that one. I do family stuff on Thanksgiving so Wednesday through Saturday afternoon is pretty much family time.

My main fails occur at levels 20 and up. I gave up in that range since my failure rate was 100%.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Default A great alternative idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Might be nice to give everyone 3 Signets.....

Or just bring back Crystal Cove with Mabar rewards!

Crystal Cove of the Undead! Now, that would be a fun Mabar event!

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Closing Mabar because it's broken: bad.
    Closing Mabar in order to fix it so that it won't be broken next time: VERY GOOD.
    Unfortunately, it seems we're getting

Closing Mabar.... Maybe we'll get around to to fixing it before we reopen it next year.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast