Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ...some things that are described as "lag" may well be non-lag-related bugs or other performance issues...
    So, when I experience what I call "lag", can you explain to me the difference between whether it's what you call "lag" versus "other performance issues"?

And if my experience is the same both ways (LAG!), why do I care that you're drawing such a distinction?

Community Member

Default Please

Unfortunately, things changed. Sorry! We did want to announce the decision as soon as possible, though, to give people some time to get their signets between now and early Friday.

We'll let you know once we investigate further, but we do not currently expect Mabar to return this year.
    Do what you can to get staff to work on this now....this week while it's still up. Maybe get it going on Lammania today? If you put it off, it will be forgotten...AGAIN. Then next year after it's code is no longer fresh and almost forgotten, a couple members of the DDO staff will get thrown under the bus and nothing will get changed or fixed to any degree of good. IT's fresh now....your staff is negatively motivated NOW. Please work it now. Same request for Crystal Cove!

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Good riddance. Lag fail after lag fail. I'm grateful you're ending this torture early.
    Why didn't you ended your torture earlier by not going there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

I agree on ending it early. Carrying it on for another two weeks in its current state is like dangling a carrot for the donkey to walk.

My experienced success rate is about 30-40%. Some have done better some have done worse.

I'm just going to hold onto my signets until next year.
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Why didn't you ended your torture earlier by not going there?
    Because it's the easiest way to get +5 tomes outside of the store. While the option is available, I WILL stubbornly try to get them on the alts that could use them.

Really, this isn't hard to understand.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Because it's the easiest way to get +5 tomes outside of the store. While the option is available, I WILL stubbornly try to get them on the alts that could use them.

Really, this isn't hard to understand.
    So you wanted to +5 tome, and you cheer at the only reasonable option to aquire it removed from game for about 365 days.

Really, this isn't hard to understand at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

I feel sad at hearing this. I had hoped for a longer time to leisurely farm for what I want to accomplish this year. Because of the shortened date, I'll change my plans and hit it hard until Friday.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    I feel sad at hearing this. I had hoped for a longer time to leisurely farm for what I want to accomplish this year. Because of the shortened date, I'll change my plans and hit it hard until Friday.
    More people will probably do this, so there will be at least more opportunities to try.
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Community Member

The Mabar Festival of Endless Night will be concluding earlier than previously announced. The festival will be available until October 31st, ending early on the morning of November 1st.

We are currently investigating performance issues with the festival, and will be working to improve the festival in the future, including addressing many of your "lag"-related concerns. We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thanks. That's the right thing to do.

Angry Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Played around for over an hour for the 5000 turn-ins needed to get done, then complete LAG OUT caused a failure, AND Key was not returned as promised! Glad it was a looted key because I would be even more ticked off if I had bought it. Was hoping to get a tome and wraps for my monk, but it appears that is a pipe dream now. I am a key short unless I loot another one (NO WAY am I wasting points!) and don't have the time to wait around for hours for a LAG OUT to maybe not happen. Dear God devs seriously!!! THIS is an event???? Happy Halloween my arse!
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

How does one get those signets, after all ?

I did the spectral chamber now, got a screen message to get a signet - but in my inventory there arrived none. And it was already full. All I got were at least 2 dragon scales, which is still very nice.

Are the signets only for a special level ? Because I did it with my level 13 Cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

I did the spectral chamber now, got a screen message to get a signet - but in my inventory there arrived none. And it was already full. All I got were at least 2 dragon scales, which is still very nice.

Are the signets only for a special level ? Because I did it with my level 13 Cleric.
    Check your red and green bags. It probably went in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Default check your bags

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

Check your collectible bags, the signet goes in there if its autocollect.
    If you're not 'Burdened' without ship buffs, you didn't build your dex-based rogue right!

"... mark my words -- if you trust that lunatic Coyle, you're digging your own grave."

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHogShadow View Post
    Check your collectible bags, the signet goes in there if its autocollect.
    From memory, I think it is an ingredient (green bag). The rest are collectables IIRC though.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Default Suggestions

Here are a few suggestions:

It seem there is a lot less undead in the higher levels and more of those new character class, these should be a balanced number or more undead! It is an graveyard after all.
    When you die and you get booted that just seems wrong. I have been on runs where the other players can not see that you have died.
    When I have failed due to the massive amount of lag, I never get my keys back.
    There is a bug sometimes when you try to enter you get put back in the graveyard and you lose a key. I have lost one I got with DDO points. I was not happy about that.
    I think I killed about 5 red names all by myself and nothing drop, seem the drop rate is very low this round.

That is all I can think of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The10man View Post
    ...Dear God devs seriously!!! THIS is an event???? Happy Halloween my arse!
    Well, to be fair, they have the "trick" part down pretty well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    From memory, I think it is an ingredient (green bag). The rest are collectables IIRC though.
    Yes, the Signets and the motes go in the green bag.

The opals, skulls, and bones go in the red bag. Think the rest do too, but that part's from memory.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

We'll let you know once we investigate further, but we do not currently expect Mabar to return this year.
    That I find to be unacceptable due to Turbine's failing to deliver.
    If Turbine really wants more bad PR after their recent spat of bad PR, Turbine sure knows how to deliver.

I suggest 50% xp bonus and +2 loot for a week after Mabar ends.

I hope that management gets a clue.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

The Mabar Festival of Endless Night will be concluding earlier than previously announced. The festival will be available until October 31st, ending early on the morning of November 1st.

We are currently investigating performance issues with the festival, and will be working to improve the festival in the future, including addressing many of your "lag"-related concerns. We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    That's ridiculous.

From all reports, Mabar has always been awful with "lag." You haven't been able to fix it (perhaps 3 chambers and normal raid sized parties would work better instead of 16+ players?), in the years I've been running it. But it's only been partly awful with lag, in my personal experience.

Enough people do manage to get in and complete enough runs to make it worth keeping up. You advertised that it would be up, and you should keep your advertising promises. If you can't do that, why should any customer have any faith in your company or your product?

I don't mean to be hurtful here, but quality of product and customer satisfaction have not been Turbine's hallmark.

This seems more like a punishment for all the whiner's on the forums than an actual responsible response to customer dissatisfaction.

I will be cancelling my VIP subscription if you don't retract your early termination. I'll spend my TP, and then I'll move on.

And, NO, no one can haz my stuff!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    Why is lag in quotes? That makes it sound like you think lag isn't real. It is real, and most of it is on Turbine's side of the client-server divide.
    Because they obviously don't know what lag means. This has been going on for years and they still have yet to fix this "issue" or "bug" as they would say. The players constantly tell them how to do their "jobs" by suggesting how to fix it, yet they are always "investigating" (doing nothing about if you don't want to use quotes) the lag issue.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast