Default warchanter enhancements on the known issue list?

Since I am looking into bard as my first TR I have been stumbling across a lot of post indicating broken enhancements for the warchanter line (and according to some it isn't properly build out but I leave that for those post.

could Dev's please put what is currently broken on the known issue list so I can take this into account to what I want to plan for.
    Or if they don't just put it in a simple list that is easy to have an overview.

To whoever is first, thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Silken-Akira View Post
    Since I am looking into bard as my first TR I have been stumbling across a lot of post indicating broken enhancements for the warchanter line (and according to some it isn't properly build out but I leave that for those post.

could Dev's please put what is currently broken on the known issue list so I can take this into account to what I want to plan for.
    Or if they don't just put it in a simple list that is easy to have an overview.

To whoever is first, thanks in advance.
    I think there's more broken in the spellsinger tree than the chanter's. I know fascinate (constructs, undead) does not work properly and hasn't for a while. Lots of reports have gone out for that one. Musical studies in the SS tree also doesn't work at all. Magical studies, however, does.

Of the enhancements I've taken in the WC tree (up to 29 points total spent), everything there works fine. The immunities are good, I get the AC.song bonuses, spell powers are great, and all the songs WAI. Frankly nothing comes to mind on that tree, but like I said I've not gone all the way up to tier 5 with any of my builds. I think what's "broken" is the fact that the PRE itself is shoddy, it's just not that great. With 2 levels of fighter and either two levels of cleric or rogue, you can get a lot more out of a WC than going pure...that, and the capstone is ****.

The SS capstone is actually really good. +10 spellpower, +2 CHA, Wail and Heal...I mean, other than wail being a necro spell it's still a good debuffer on harder diffs and therefore retains some merit, while heal is just plain awesome...and it's about time bards got it. Only complaint is level 20 might be too far into the life of a bard to make it feel as worthwhile, but in epics I use it frequently.
    “Bodies wear out to remind us they are temporary, and force us to spend more thought on our spirits”
    ? Morgan Llywelyn, Bard: The Odyssey of the Irish

There goes the plan to go pure SS bard instead. Thanks for the info

Don't let it stop you, though. Seriously, play a SS like myself and many others do. Just don't take the musical studies til u20 (pending they fix it). There are enough new goodies to keep both bard PREs busy and somewhat functional til they fix everything, and when they do imagine how much better your builds will be then
    “Bodies wear out to remind us they are temporary, and force us to spend more thought on our spirits”
    ? Morgan Llywelyn, Bard: The Odyssey of the Irish

Pick and choose from both trees, you'll be fine. There's no reason to only choose from the SS tree or the WC tree. I generally pick the first couple tiers of WC and put the rest in SS. You'll get a few extra hp, some sp, skaldic rage, etc from WC.

And hopefully U20 will fix some of the issues.

I would not let these mostly minor issues stop me from playing a bard.

Community Member

I tried Music of the Dead last week, and it does work. SS musical studies are still broken ... as far as I can tell.

There's an issue with Howl of the North, that the toggle in the hotbar can be highlighted, but Howl isn't actually on. You have to deactivate then reactive the toggle. It does this on login, quest entrance, and shrining.

Community Member

Forgot to add that Song of Heroism does not buff the whole party ... it's just one person at a time. Personally, I prefer to use the spell since I can regen spell points more quickly than I can regen songs. Unfortunately, the spell can be debuffed whereas the song can not.
    Last edited by kryscendo; 10-30-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kryscendo View Post
    Forgot to add that Song of Heroism does not buff the whole party ... it's just one person at a time. Personally, I prefer to use the spell since I can regen spell points more quickly thank I can regen songs.
    And it casts faster.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane