Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Toaster of Vengeance

DUE TO IMPENDING CHANGES TO DIVINE GRACE, I HAVE A NEW BUILD POSTED ON PAGE 7 - POST #135 IN THIS THREAD. I WILL BE LEAVING THE THREAD INTACT FOR POSTERITY.

Build Goals

#1 Sustainable DPS - Since U17 Casters have had a few problems - A) their Blue Bars just don't last long enough to solo B) Their DPS in a group just wasn't high enough to contribute without burning their Blue Bars early in a quest (and in some cases, just wasn't high enough at all)

#2 Defenses - While Defense may not seem to be of high importance on a caster build, I assure you that with this build you will grab enough Aggro that it becomes important. Perma-Blur, Displace, high saves, incorporeality, and dodge all make you more survivable at end game.

#3 Self Sufficiency - Quickened Reconstruct - It's been the same for all WF Sorcerers for a long time.

#4 Utility - Being able to scroll resurrect and the occasional heal makes you invaluable in a group. You won't be as effective a Kiter as an air savant, monk, or FvS (all with wings). but you should be able to hold your own.

I give you the Toaster of Vengeance!

Brief Overview:
    Lawful Good Warforged
    14 Sorc/4 FvS/2 Pally
    Leveling Order: SSSSSSFFSSSSSSSSPPFF

This Leveling order is so you can get Fireball as quickly as possible and then start gaining the extra fire spell power from Angel of Vengeance. You can move the remaining Pally and FvS levels around, but I found that getting the Sorc levels sooner is better.

You also don't want to take your Pally levels last as it will require you to spend extra skill points in Spell Power as it is not a class skill for Paladin.

Up to Level 20, this build is very powerful. It becomes a bit more difficult once you get into The Vale since you are relying on Fire Spells and Shavarath is nearly impossible until you get into your Epic Levels and can run in Shiradi.

There are ways around this since it is easy to swap around your enhancements and use Air, Earth, or Water Savant - you just need to use a Blood of Dragons to swap around your spells and then either use another to swap them back or your free lesser reincarnation to swap everything back.

You can also just skip certain quests since there is plenty of XP available to get to 20.

You will use scrolls and potions to heal yourself until you get reconstruct.Once you have reconstruct, you are basically un-killable as long as you have a blue bar.

SO FAR:

Pros: Self Sufficient and Ultra Survivable with great DPS and a blue bar that just keeps on going and going and going

Cons: No high level Sorc Spells if you're used to using them. No Wings. No KD Immunity.

EDITOR's NOTE: I have reincarnated this build into a Bladeforged. I haven't had a whole lot of time to play this toon and I'm just hitting Level 24. So far, the Bladeforged version is superior to the basic Warforged Build, but only slightly. The biggest change in the build is your initial allocation of Stat Points. You actually allocate the points exactly the same as Warforged, but due to the difference in Stat penalties between WF and BF, you can max your Charisma to 18, but you only get 8 in your Dexterity. Leveling also changes slightly since you start at Level 15. I took 2 Pally, 2 FvS, 11 Sorcerer to get to 15. Levels 16-18 were Sorc and 19-20 FvS. Other than these minor changes, there really isn't any difference between playing a WF and BF Toaster of Vengeance.
    Last edited by thesnoman; 12-05-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: New Build Posted for Update 23/24
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Default TOASTER OF VENGEANCE (The Build)

Toaster of Vengeance, Lawful Good Warforged: 14 SORCERER / 4 FAVORED SOUL / 2 PALADIN w/ Shiradi Champion

STARTING STATS 36-point build
    STRENGTH - Warforged: 10 Bladeforged: 10
    DEXTERITY - Warforged: 10 Bladeforged: 8
    CONSTITUTION - Warforged: 18 Bladeforged: 18
    INTELLIGENCE - Warforged: 14 Bladeforged: 14
    WISDOM - Warforged: 6 Bladeforged: 6
    CHARISMA - Warforged: 16 Bladeforged: 18 (All Level Ups go here)

Final Stats (Base - No Buffs, only the gear that is listed later in this post)

STRENGTH - 24 (+4 Tome)
    DEXTERITY - 23 (+5 Tome) Have +7 Dex in Boots Slot - will Upgrade to +8 when I can to even out this Stat
    CONSTITUTION - 37 (+5 Tome) May drop 4th Racial Enhancement and add toughness enhancements
    INTELLIGENCE - 31 (+4 Tome) Need +5 Tome
    WISDOM - 16 (+3 Tome)
    CHARISMA - 46 (+5 Tome)

Tomes: I have a pile of Tomes on this toon - they're not necessary, but it's very helpful to have +3 or higher in Charisma, Intelligence, and Constitution.

Past Lives: This can be a first life build - it's easier to have a 36-point build and at least one Sorc past life, but it's not required. Basically Anything you add to this build will make it stronger, so more is always better. I will be building this toon assuming 36-point Starting Stats. For less, remove points from Dex, Int, Con, and Str.

FEATS
    Toughness (More HPs is Better)
    Empower Spell
    Maximize Spell
    Quicken Spell
    Mental Toughness
    Improved Mental Toughness
    Completionist or Past Life Feat - Sorc and Wizard work well (if available - Can be swapped for Extend Spell or an additional Toughness)

Epic Toughness (21)
    Epic Mental Toughness (24)
    Epic Spellpower: Fire (26)
    Epic Spellpower: Force (28) (Can substitute Hellball here)

SKILL POINTS
    Concentration (23)
    Spellcraft(23)
    Repair(22 = 11)
    UMD (10 = 5)
    Tumble (2 = 1)
    Choice of : Diplomacy, Perform, Haggle for your remaining points.

TWISTS
    4. Energy Burst/Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Draconic Incarnation / Tier 4 FoTW)
    1. Endless Faith/Perfect Balance (Tier 1 Exhalted Angel / Tier 1 GMoF)
    1. Unearthly Reactions/Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Magister)

Bold is what I've been primarily running in

SAVES (UnBuffed)
    Fortitude - 54
    Reflex - 50
    Will - 46

HIT POINTS (UnBuffed)

SPELL POINTS (UnBuffed)

SPELL POWER (UnBuffed)
    Acid: 287
    Cold: 247
    Electric: 327
    Fire: 399*
    Force: 367*
    Light: 287
    Negative: 232
    Positive: 232
    Repair: 285*
    Sonic: 281

*These are the primary spells you will be casting with this build, so you'll want them as high as possible.

Spells
    Sorcerer
    Level 1 - Magic Missile, Jump, Shield, Feather Fall
    Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Gust of Wind, Knock, Invisibility/Spawn Screen*
    Level 3 - Chain Missile, Fireball, Displacement, Lightning Bolt
    Level 4 - Force Missile, Dimension Door, Solid Fog, Ice Storm
    Level 5 - Eldars Electric Surge, Niac's Biting Cold, Protection From Elements
    Level 6 - Greater Heroism, Reconstruct
    Level 7 - Delayed Blast Fireball

FvS
    Level 1 - Bless, Nightshield, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
    Level 2 - Lesser Restoration/Spawn Screen*

Bold/Italic - These spells are essential
    * - Lesser Restoration is nice to have early in the game and if you Solo (gotta love Constitution Damage), but it can be swapped for Spawn Screen (Yes Spawn Screen - this is to mitigate the mass Trash that spawns in Fall of Truth when someone dies). If you Swap Lesser Restoration for Spawn Screen (FvS), you can swap Spaen Screen for Invisibility (Sorc). Either way - if you plan on running FoT, make sure you have Spawn Screen.

GEAR
    Ahhh - Gear...the most debatable and most difficult part of any build. I'm going to try to make this gear list as simple to acquire as possible. I'm also going to try to steer clear of randomly generated loot as it is very hard to acquire and more towards gear that has guaranteed drops at some point. (With the recent Raider's Box release, Twilight is an easy one for all casters)

HELM: Helm of the Blue Dragon +3 Charisma OR +3 Intelligence Version (Green Slot: False Life +40 Yellow Slot: Globe of True Imperial Blood )
    NECKLACE: Stolen Necklace +19 Spellcraft version (Yellow Slot: Vitality +20 )
    GOGGLES: Sage's Goggles (Colorless Slot: +2 Constitution )
    TRINKET: Planar Focus of Erudition (+3 Charisma OR +3 Intelligence Version - opposite of helm)
    ARMOR: Flawless Blue Dragonscale Docent (Blue Slot: Fortification 100% )
    CLOAK: Jeweled Cloak (Green Slot:Protection +8 Yellow Slot: Draconic Soul Gem )
    BRACERS: Sage's Cuffs
    BELT: Health +9 Belt of Dodge 9% (Colorless Slot: Strength +7) Would Like a Health +10 of Dodge X% with a slot to even out my Con.
    RING1: Ring of Shadows (Yellow Slot: Sonic Resist 30 ) Ring of the Djinn for Fall of Truth
    RING2: Ring of Deceit (Yellow Slot: Deathblock Colorless Slot: +2 Strength )
    BOOTS: Spiked Boots (Green Slot: Resistance +7/8 Yellow Slot: Dexterity +7 )
    GLOVES: Greensteel Concordant Opposition (This may change - I'm trying to determine if I need Con-Op)
    QUIVER: Quiver of Alacrity

WEAPON: Twilight, Element of Magic (Red Slot: Reconstruction 114)

__________________________________________________ ______________________

I Just Level 28 - I'm still testing out gear variations. Slots are at a premium on this build so it is taking me a long time to completely work out the gear - at this time my AC is only 42, but I've got 15% Dodge, Perma-blur, and Incorporiality) I've given up on PRR and Natural Armor unless I can find exactly the right set of gloves that have a green augment slot on them. I think that the gear is set (Until they increase cap to Level 30 or add more high end gear)
    Last edited by thesnoman; 01-20-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Added information
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Default Enhancements

Now that I can post pictures here in the Sorcerer Forums here's the enhancements for the Toaster of Vengeance.

IF YOU HAVE AN ODD NUMBER IN YOUR CONSTITUTION, DO NOT TAKE THE 4TH CORE ABILITY AND USE THE 2 POINTS IN ELDRITCH KNIGHT TOUGHNESS

Explainations:

Core Abilities give you a base 75% Fortification and an additional +2 Constitution

Fire Savant:
    • Max your fire spell power and Spell Crit chance.
    • Grab an additional +10 Force Spell Power at Tier 5
    • Immolation!!!
    • Fanning the Flames = free Spell Points

AoV:
    • Synergy with Fire Savant is great
    • Max Fire/Force Spell Crit Chance
    • Just Reward = MORE Free Spell Points
    • Scourge = More Spell Power for Fire/Force
    • Spell Power Boost = Even MORE Spell Power

Eldritch Knight:
    • You're really after the Second Core Enhancement for an additional +10 Force Spell Power
    • Bonus = +5 HP from toghness and +3 to Spellcraft and Concentration from Battle Mage
    Last edited by thesnoman; 11-27-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: added information about Constitution
    Thelanis

Community Member

Hello mate I was thinking of doing this exact thing today. Im new to casters and ive just trd my firt sorc. Would this be a good second life build or should I wait for third life?

Cool hmmmmm.....

Nice build but I think you'll find that Fridge of Doom build is better dps, and manages to fit in Manyshot?

Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    Nice build but I think you'll find that Fridge of Doom build is better dps, and manages to fit in Manyshot?

Just sayin...
    Ummmm... hmmmm... ahhhhh....

OK - not sure where you were going with that comment. The build isn't even posted and Why would you want Manydhot on a build like this.

Or maybe you're being facetious?
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by smalltree View Post
    Hello mate I was thinking of doing this exact thing today. Im new to casters and ive just trd my firt sorc. Would this be a good second life build or should I wait for third life?

Should be OK as second life, but if you don't plan on staying in Epic content for long and just want to TR I'd just go Fire up to Level 16 or so and then change over to Ice/Air to get you to 20 and TR.

This build also really requires that you've opened up the Shiradi Tree once you're in Epic Content.
    Thelanis

Community Member

Ahhh ok. Think I will try 18sorc/2fvs this life and then when i have unlocked shiradi ill tr into this build.

Red face Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    Ummmm... hmmmm... ahhhhh....

OK - not sure where you were going with that comment. The build isn't even posted and Why would you want Manydhot on a build like this.

Or maybe you're being facetious?
    My bad!

With no content posted I thought this was a spoof thread. My response was just that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    My bad!

With no content posted I thought this was a spoof thread. My response was just that!

Ahhh...would've been a good spoof thread. Still leveling (yes I'm slow - I have a 1 month old taking away time from DDO) but I should have more on this build up this weekend.
    Thelanis

UPDATED INFO IN FIRST 2 POSTS - Will add enhancement trees as soon as I figure out why all of my threads have [IMG] code off.
    Thelanis

Ok so I was going over your shiradi sorc build in your other post and was anticipating going 2 pally but am thinking I might go this build. I will have 3 sorc past lives and 1 wiz and 1 fvs.

would you recommend this shiradi build over the others after playing it now?

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

Check this out:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...g-missile-spam

I would like to know for what u are using Empower and Quicken? no need for both on this build... also i use only my maximize with ruin and cause i had no other feat that would have been worth to take instead of it.
    Better go for Dodge, i have over 20% Dodge.

Also Endless Faith as Twist is what u never need again, most of your spells are free cause of nearly over 90% 10 temp.SP.

EDIT: Quicken for Recon right? Forgot about that, thats ok, but i think u can get better Feats for Empower/Maximize. Normal Recon will be high enough.
    Last edited by Zotze; 11-18-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    - Proud Officer of Decameron / Cannith -

Zangesh qui Clades (Lvl.28), Fire Shiradi Sorc - Bladeforged 14 Sorc / 4 FvS / 2 Pala
    (3xPL Wizard, 1xPL Sorcerer | Epic Completionist 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Fast Healing, 3x Engery Criticals, 3x Brace, 3x Skill Mastery, 3x Doubleshot, 1xDoublestrike)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Laladi (Lvl.28), Khopesh+Shield Pally - PDK 20 Pala
    (Heroic Completionist | 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Doublestrike, 2x Enchant Weapon, 2x Power over Life and Death)
    Zindragh Zornbinder (Lvl.28), Shuricannon - Drow 20 Monk
    (1xPL Fighter, 3xPL Monk, 1xPL Rouge | 1x Colors of the Queen, 2x Doublestrike, 1x Doubleshot)
    Aibus (Lvl.28) Tank - Purple Dragon Knight 13 FvS / 6 Pala / 1 Fig
    (1xPL Monk, 3xPL Pala)

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

I believe max/empower is for shiradi procs more then anything

Server - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Zotze View Post
    Check this out:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...g-missile-spam

I would like to know for what u are using Empower and Quicken? no need for both on this build... also i use only my maximize with ruin and cause i had no other feat that would have been worth to take instead of it.
    Better go for Dodge, i have over 20% Dodge.

Also Endless Faith as Twist is what u never need again, most of your spells are free cause of nearly over 90% 10 temp.SP.

EDIT: Quicken for Recon right? Forgot about that, thats ok, but i think u can get better Feats for Empower/Maximize. Normal Recon will be high enough.

I played the max dodge build - check out this thread (also mine):

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...and-the-OMFG!!

Yes - Quickened Reconstruct - a must have for WF.

Max/Empower are for the Shiradi Procs - makes a Boom! proc into a BIG BADABOOM!!! proc. Basically you run with Max/Emp turned on and then, in your bar, turn Max/Emp ALWAYS OFF on the missile spam spells (MM, CM, FM, SR) The spells cost the measly SP amount that they normally do, but the Procs tick off the maximize and empower. Plus, Max/Emp always on for DBFB, (for clearing rooms - provided they don't evade), for Ice Storm, (again - procs tick off the Max/Emp), and for Eldars Surge and Niacs Biting Cold (soloing TOR Black Dragon).

Plus - I've moved a few things around for enhancements - leveraging a bit of Eldrich Knight to get a bit more force spell power (and HPs because it's all that's worth taking in Tier 1).

Overall, I like this build better for end game than the dodge build. After all - you don't have to dodge what's already dead.

Endless Faith is really only for soloing EE WGU - I just unlocked the second T2 twist (so now T4/T2/T1) and I'm playing with what twists I'll have in there most often.
    Last edited by thesnoman; 11-19-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Thelanis

Basically you run with Max/Emp turned on and then, in your bar, turn Max/Emp ALWAYS OFF on the missile spam spells (MM, CM, FM, SR) The spells cost the measly SP amount that they normally do, but the Procs tick off the maximize and empower.
    Never heared of that before - does that really work ? Tested the damage with max/emp off and on ? Somewhere confirmed ?
    If yes, that would be for true a real boost and better then 5% more Dodge or something else...
    - Proud Officer of Decameron / Cannith -

Zangesh qui Clades (Lvl.28), Fire Shiradi Sorc - Bladeforged 14 Sorc / 4 FvS / 2 Pala
    (3xPL Wizard, 1xPL Sorcerer | Epic Completionist 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Fast Healing, 3x Engery Criticals, 3x Brace, 3x Skill Mastery, 3x Doubleshot, 1xDoublestrike)
    Laladi (Lvl.28), Khopesh+Shield Pally - PDK 20 Pala
    (Heroic Completionist | 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Doublestrike, 2x Enchant Weapon, 2x Power over Life and Death)
    Zindragh Zornbinder (Lvl.28), Shuricannon - Drow 20 Monk
    (1xPL Fighter, 3xPL Monk, 1xPL Rouge | 1x Colors of the Queen, 2x Doublestrike, 1x Doubleshot)
    Aibus (Lvl.28) Tank - Purple Dragon Knight 13 FvS / 6 Pala / 1 Fig
    (1xPL Monk, 3xPL Pala)

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

Quote Originally Posted by Zotze View Post
    Never heared of that before - does that really work ? Tested the damage with max/emp off and on ? Somewhere confirmed ?
    If yes, that would be for true a real boost and better then 5% more Dodge or something else...

It was explained to me that it has been tested and confirmed by multiple sources. I personally believe it does work, but I'll have to do some of my own testing tonight (I think all of my caster gear is ready to go as I'm still sitting on L27) - maybe I'll make a trip to see Sobrien a few times tonight and really test it out.
    Thelanis

It was explained to me that it has been tested and confirmed by multiple sources. I personally believe it does work, but I'll have to do some of my own testing tonight (I think all of my caster gear is ready to go as I'm still sitting on L27) - maybe I'll make a trip to see Sobrien a few times tonight and really test it out.

I have tested and confirmed that Max/Empower work on Shiradi Procs even if they are turned off on the base spell.

Test Method 1 Prism Stance:

Sobrien on Claw Of Vulkoor. Since damage is very unpredictable while in Prism, I only cast Scorching Ray - this allowed me to see only the damage from Procs since Sobrien is immune to fire spells.

There was no marked difference between average damage of procs cast with Max/Empower on and the spell set to any of the settings Always Off, Always On, and Standard while in Prism Stance. When Max/Emp were turned off there was a marked difference in damage of procs while in Always Off/Standard vs. Always On

Test Method 2 Stay Frosty Stance:

Again Sobrien, but I used a combination of spells to make testing faster. To eliminate any odd damage that may have occurred from any of the other random procs, I focused entirely on the Ice Damage since it pops in purple numbers against Sobrien and is easy to pick out.

This was easy - While leaving both Magic Missile and Force Missile in "Always Off" I toggled Max/Emp on and off and focused entirely on the Ice Damage.

FIRST FIGHT: With Max/Emp OFF, Average Damage was in the 180 -230 range with the lowest number recorded at 108 and the highest at 468.

SECOND FIGHT: With Max/Emp ON, Average Damage was in the 280 - 320 range with the lowest recorded number at 228 and the highest recorded number at 848.

Third and Forth Fights: Toggled Max/Emp on and off thoughout the fight. Much less scientific and I didn't record numbers, but it is apparent that when Max and Emp are turned on and the spells are set to "Always Off" Procs are affected by the metamagic feats.

Again - this is easiest tested with "Stay Frosty" since the frosty procs are purple on Sobrien and are easy to pick out. Prism/Double Rainbow is much harder to tell what damage is multiplied and what isn't, but it is blatantly obvious that Max/Emp effect the damage of Shiradi Procs even when they are turned off on the spell itself.
    Last edited by thesnoman; 11-20-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Thelanis

Enhancements done - comments on the build appreciated.
    Thelanis

So how would you now compare this build to an 18/2 air savant/paladin?

I am about to lvl to 7 and not sure which way I want to go.

in short if you were to start all over which build would you prefer?

Server - Sarlona

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast