Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Toaster of Vengeance

DUE TO IMPENDING CHANGES TO DIVINE GRACE, I HAVE A NEW BUILD POSTED ON PAGE 7 - POST #135 IN THIS THREAD. I WILL BE LEAVING THE THREAD INTACT FOR POSTERITY.

Build Goals

#1 Sustainable DPS - Since U17 Casters have had a few problems - A) their Blue Bars just don't last long enough to solo B) Their DPS in a group just wasn't high enough to contribute without burning their Blue Bars early in a quest (and in some cases, just wasn't high enough at all)

#2 Defenses - While Defense may not seem to be of high importance on a caster build, I assure you that with this build you will grab enough Aggro that it becomes important. Perma-Blur, Displace, high saves, incorporeality, and dodge all make you more survivable at end game.

#3 Self Sufficiency - Quickened Reconstruct - It's been the same for all WF Sorcerers for a long time.

#4 Utility - Being able to scroll resurrect and the occasional heal makes you invaluable in a group. You won't be as effective a Kiter as an air savant, monk, or FvS (all with wings). but you should be able to hold your own.

I give you the Toaster of Vengeance!

Brief Overview:
    Lawful Good Warforged
    14 Sorc/4 FvS/2 Pally
    Leveling Order: SSSSSSFFSSSSSSSSPPFF

This Leveling order is so you can get Fireball as quickly as possible and then start gaining the extra fire spell power from Angel of Vengeance. You can move the remaining Pally and FvS levels around, but I found that getting the Sorc levels sooner is better.

You also don't want to take your Pally levels last as it will require you to spend extra skill points in Spell Power as it is not a class skill for Paladin.

Up to Level 20, this build is very powerful. It becomes a bit more difficult once you get into The Vale since you are relying on Fire Spells and Shavarath is nearly impossible until you get into your Epic Levels and can run in Shiradi.

There are ways around this since it is easy to swap around your enhancements and use Air, Earth, or Water Savant - you just need to use a Blood of Dragons to swap around your spells and then either use another to swap them back or your free lesser reincarnation to swap everything back.

You can also just skip certain quests since there is plenty of XP available to get to 20.

You will use scrolls and potions to heal yourself until you get reconstruct.Once you have reconstruct, you are basically un-killable as long as you have a blue bar.

SO FAR:

Pros: Self Sufficient and Ultra Survivable with great DPS and a blue bar that just keeps on going and going and going

Cons: No high level Sorc Spells if you're used to using them. No Wings. No KD Immunity.

EDITOR's NOTE: I have reincarnated this build into a Bladeforged. I haven't had a whole lot of time to play this toon and I'm just hitting Level 24. So far, the Bladeforged version is superior to the basic Warforged Build, but only slightly. The biggest change in the build is your initial allocation of Stat Points. You actually allocate the points exactly the same as Warforged, but due to the difference in Stat penalties between WF and BF, you can max your Charisma to 18, but you only get 8 in your Dexterity. Leveling also changes slightly since you start at Level 15. I took 2 Pally, 2 FvS, 11 Sorcerer to get to 15. Levels 16-18 were Sorc and 19-20 FvS. Other than these minor changes, there really isn't any difference between playing a WF and BF Toaster of Vengeance.
    Last edited by thesnoman; 12-05-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: New Build Posted for Update 23/24
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Default TOASTER OF VENGEANCE (The Build)

Toaster of Vengeance, Lawful Good Warforged: 14 SORCERER / 4 FAVORED SOUL / 2 PALADIN w/ Shiradi Champion

STARTING STATS 36-point build
    STRENGTH - Warforged: 10 Bladeforged: 10
    DEXTERITY - Warforged: 10 Bladeforged: 8
    CONSTITUTION - Warforged: 18 Bladeforged: 18
    INTELLIGENCE - Warforged: 14 Bladeforged: 14
    WISDOM - Warforged: 6 Bladeforged: 6
    CHARISMA - Warforged: 16 Bladeforged: 18 (All Level Ups go here)

Final Stats (Base - No Buffs, only the gear that is listed later in this post)

STRENGTH - 24 (+4 Tome)
    DEXTERITY - 23 (+5 Tome) Have +7 Dex in Boots Slot - will Upgrade to +8 when I can to even out this Stat
    CONSTITUTION - 37 (+5 Tome) May drop 4th Racial Enhancement and add toughness enhancements
    INTELLIGENCE - 31 (+4 Tome) Need +5 Tome
    WISDOM - 16 (+3 Tome)
    CHARISMA - 46 (+5 Tome)

Tomes: I have a pile of Tomes on this toon - they're not necessary, but it's very helpful to have +3 or higher in Charisma, Intelligence, and Constitution.

Past Lives: This can be a first life build - it's easier to have a 36-point build and at least one Sorc past life, but it's not required. Basically Anything you add to this build will make it stronger, so more is always better. I will be building this toon assuming 36-point Starting Stats. For less, remove points from Dex, Int, Con, and Str.

FEATS
    Toughness (More HPs is Better)
    Empower Spell
    Maximize Spell
    Quicken Spell
    Mental Toughness
    Improved Mental Toughness
    Completionist or Past Life Feat - Sorc and Wizard work well (if available - Can be swapped for Extend Spell or an additional Toughness)

Epic Toughness (21)
    Epic Mental Toughness (24)
    Epic Spellpower: Fire (26)
    Epic Spellpower: Force (28) (Can substitute Hellball here)

SKILL POINTS
    Concentration (23)
    Spellcraft(23)
    Repair(22 = 11)
    UMD (10 = 5)
    Tumble (2 = 1)
    Choice of : Diplomacy, Perform, Haggle for your remaining points.

TWISTS
    4. Energy Burst/Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Draconic Incarnation / Tier 4 FoTW)
    1. Endless Faith/Perfect Balance (Tier 1 Exhalted Angel / Tier 1 GMoF)
    1. Unearthly Reactions/Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Magister)

Bold is what I've been primarily running in

SAVES (UnBuffed)
    Fortitude - 54
    Reflex - 50
    Will - 46

HIT POINTS (UnBuffed)

SPELL POINTS (UnBuffed)

SPELL POWER (UnBuffed)
    Acid: 287
    Cold: 247
    Electric: 327
    Fire: 399*
    Force: 367*
    Light: 287
    Negative: 232
    Positive: 232
    Repair: 285*
    Sonic: 281

*These are the primary spells you will be casting with this build, so you'll want them as high as possible.

Spells
    Sorcerer
    Level 1 - Magic Missile, Jump, Shield, Feather Fall
    Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Gust of Wind, Knock, Invisibility/Spawn Screen*
    Level 3 - Chain Missile, Fireball, Displacement, Lightning Bolt
    Level 4 - Force Missile, Dimension Door, Solid Fog, Ice Storm
    Level 5 - Eldars Electric Surge, Niac's Biting Cold, Protection From Elements
    Level 6 - Greater Heroism, Reconstruct
    Level 7 - Delayed Blast Fireball

FvS
    Level 1 - Bless, Nightshield, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
    Level 2 - Lesser Restoration/Spawn Screen*

Bold/Italic - These spells are essential
    * - Lesser Restoration is nice to have early in the game and if you Solo (gotta love Constitution Damage), but it can be swapped for Spawn Screen (Yes Spawn Screen - this is to mitigate the mass Trash that spawns in Fall of Truth when someone dies). If you Swap Lesser Restoration for Spawn Screen (FvS), you can swap Spaen Screen for Invisibility (Sorc). Either way - if you plan on running FoT, make sure you have Spawn Screen.

GEAR
    Ahhh - Gear...the most debatable and most difficult part of any build. I'm going to try to make this gear list as simple to acquire as possible. I'm also going to try to steer clear of randomly generated loot as it is very hard to acquire and more towards gear that has guaranteed drops at some point. (With the recent Raider's Box release, Twilight is an easy one for all casters)

HELM: Helm of the Blue Dragon +3 Charisma OR +3 Intelligence Version (Green Slot: False Life +40 Yellow Slot: Globe of True Imperial Blood )
    NECKLACE: Stolen Necklace +19 Spellcraft version (Yellow Slot: Vitality +20 )
    GOGGLES: Sage's Goggles (Colorless Slot: +2 Constitution )
    TRINKET: Planar Focus of Erudition (+3 Charisma OR +3 Intelligence Version - opposite of helm)
    ARMOR: Flawless Blue Dragonscale Docent (Blue Slot: Fortification 100% )
    CLOAK: Jeweled Cloak (Green Slot:Protection +8 Yellow Slot: Draconic Soul Gem )
    BRACERS: Sage's Cuffs
    BELT: Health +9 Belt of Dodge 9% (Colorless Slot: Strength +7) Would Like a Health +10 of Dodge X% with a slot to even out my Con.
    RING1: Ring of Shadows (Yellow Slot: Sonic Resist 30 ) Ring of the Djinn for Fall of Truth
    RING2: Ring of Deceit (Yellow Slot: Deathblock Colorless Slot: +2 Strength )
    BOOTS: Spiked Boots (Green Slot: Resistance +7/8 Yellow Slot: Dexterity +7 )
    GLOVES: Greensteel Concordant Opposition (This may change - I'm trying to determine if I need Con-Op)
    QUIVER: Quiver of Alacrity

WEAPON: Twilight, Element of Magic (Red Slot: Reconstruction 114)

__________________________________________________ ______________________

I Just Level 28 - I'm still testing out gear variations. Slots are at a premium on this build so it is taking me a long time to completely work out the gear - at this time my AC is only 42, but I've got 15% Dodge, Perma-blur, and Incorporiality) I've given up on PRR and Natural Armor unless I can find exactly the right set of gloves that have a green augment slot on them. I think that the gear is set (Until they increase cap to Level 30 or add more high end gear)
    Last edited by thesnoman; 01-20-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Added information
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Default Enhancements

Now that I can post pictures here in the Sorcerer Forums here's the enhancements for the Toaster of Vengeance.

IF YOU HAVE AN ODD NUMBER IN YOUR CONSTITUTION, DO NOT TAKE THE 4TH CORE ABILITY AND USE THE 2 POINTS IN ELDRITCH KNIGHT TOUGHNESS

Explainations:

Core Abilities give you a base 75% Fortification and an additional +2 Constitution

Fire Savant:
    • Max your fire spell power and Spell Crit chance.
    • Grab an additional +10 Force Spell Power at Tier 5
    • Immolation!!!
    • Fanning the Flames = free Spell Points

AoV:
    • Synergy with Fire Savant is great
    • Max Fire/Force Spell Crit Chance
    • Just Reward = MORE Free Spell Points
    • Scourge = More Spell Power for Fire/Force
    • Spell Power Boost = Even MORE Spell Power

Eldritch Knight:
    • You're really after the Second Core Enhancement for an additional +10 Force Spell Power
    • Bonus = +5 HP from toghness and +3 to Spellcraft and Concentration from Battle Mage
    Last edited by thesnoman; 11-27-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: added information about Constitution
    Thelanis

Community Member

Hello mate I was thinking of doing this exact thing today. Im new to casters and ive just trd my firt sorc. Would this be a good second life build or should I wait for third life?

Cool hmmmmm.....

Nice build but I think you'll find that Fridge of Doom build is better dps, and manages to fit in Manyshot?

Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    Nice build but I think you'll find that Fridge of Doom build is better dps, and manages to fit in Manyshot?

Just sayin...
    Ummmm... hmmmm... ahhhhh....

OK - not sure where you were going with that comment. The build isn't even posted and Why would you want Manydhot on a build like this.

Or maybe you're being facetious?
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by smalltree View Post
    Hello mate I was thinking of doing this exact thing today. Im new to casters and ive just trd my firt sorc. Would this be a good second life build or should I wait for third life?

Should be OK as second life, but if you don't plan on staying in Epic content for long and just want to TR I'd just go Fire up to Level 16 or so and then change over to Ice/Air to get you to 20 and TR.

This build also really requires that you've opened up the Shiradi Tree once you're in Epic Content.
    Thelanis

Community Member

Ahhh ok. Think I will try 18sorc/2fvs this life and then when i have unlocked shiradi ill tr into this build.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman;5150712
    I give you the Toaster of Vengeance!

[B
    Brief Overview:[/B]
    Lawful Good Warforged
    14 Sorc/4 FvS/2 Pally
    Leveling Order: SSSSSSFFSSSSSSSSPPFF

You also don't want to take your Pally levels last as it will require you to spend extra skill points in Spell Power as it is not a class skill for Paladin.
    You say dont Take paladin levels Last but is 17 and 18 much different than 19 and 20?

Also from the 2 pala splash things like Lay of Hands that you get wouldnt that be helpful a bit earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Azurchaos View Post
    You say dont Take paladin levels Last but is 17 and 18 much different than 19 and 20?

Also from the 2 pala splash things like Lay of Hands that you get wouldnt that be helpful a bit earlier?
    You really can take Pally whenever you want after Level 8

You want 6 Sorc for Fireball as quickly as possible
    You then want 2 FvS to get the bonuses to Fire

You don't want Pally levels LAST because Spellcraft is not a class skill for Pally - as it is skills are at a premium, so spending the extra points on Spellcraft is a waste. Spellcraft IS a FvS Skill, so you want to take either FvS or Sorc as your last level or two to max Spellcraft without wasting skill points.

Awesome build, could fire be swapped for other element?

Your build sounds awesome man. However personally I don't care for fire spells, could this be swapped for air, on a build with 2 past lives Sorcerer?
    You can swap it for Air, but I'd suggest going 18/2 (FvS or Pally) or 16/2/2 instead. Your blue bar also won't be as long lasting since you lose out on crit chance by not casting fire spells.

The biggest reason for going 4 FvS is for the Synergy you get between Angel of Vengeance and Fire Savant. I have played this build with Air primary and Fire secondary, but you lose out so much that it just isn't worth it. (I don't miss wings very often - you get used to not having them)

Keep in mind that the fire spell you will cast most often is Scorching Ray - FB and DBFB are for masses of baddies that don't have high reflex saves. These are the only fire spells I use.

You can always level using Air and swap to Fire when you are in Shiradi - it only costs a few platinum to do it.

If you're specifically interested in Air Savant Builds I suggest the following threads:

AtomicMew's U19 Shiradi Primer

My U19 Shiradi Sorc Info

Wizza's Farwind Build

EDITOR'S NOTE

I've TR'd into a Blaeforged for this build - Currently at Level 18 - Will let everyone know how the build progresses
    Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    You really can take Pally whenever you want after Level 8

You want 6 Sorc for Fireball as quickly as possible
    You then want 2 FvS to get the bonuses to Fire

Is the only reason you wanna take FvS the enhancement line? Cause if so wouldnt it be better to wait till later when u have to AP to spend in both Fire Savant and the FvS one?

I never done a FvS so dunno if u get anything else from the 4 lvls?

You get this for level 1 and 2 :

Level 1:
    Enhancement: Toughness
    Spell: Bless
    Spell: Cure Light Wounds
    Spell: Nightshield
    Level 2:
    Bonus Feat: +2 damage with a pecific weapon based on faith
    +1 CHA (Purchasable Enhancement)
    25% Wand Effectiveness Increase

so i would guess your taking at least 2 for the + CHA but just wondering what you get from taking it all the way to level 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Azurchaos View Post
    Is the only reason you wanna take FvS the enhancement line? Cause if so wouldnt it be better to wait till later when u have to AP to spend in both Fire Savant and the FvS one?

I never done a FvS so dunno if u get anything else from the 4 lvls?

<SNIP>

so i would guess your taking at least 2 for the + CHA but just wondering what you get from taking it all the way to level 4?
    You're taking 4 FvS Strictly for the AoV Enhancement line.

Above Level 2 you get the following from enhancements:

+4% chance for Fire/Force/Light/Physical Damage Spells to Crit
    +2 Charisma
    +3 Caster Levels to Fire/Force/Light/Physical Damage Spells

+14 Universal Spell Power (from points spent in the AoV tree)

Keep in mind that the chance to crit. is the key point here.
    From Tier 2 AoV - Just Reward (3/3): When you Critically Hit with Fire/Force/Light/Physical Damage Spells you gain 10 temporary Spell Points

The higher your Crit Chance, the more temporary spell points you get and the longer your blue bar lasts.
    Thelanis

Community Member

Is there any chance you can post what you took outa the Shiradi Champion epic tree.

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post

EDITOR'S NOTE

I've TR'd into a Bladeforged for this build - Currently at Level 18 - Will let everyone know how the build progresses
    How is the bladeforged working out? Am getting ready to TR for first time. Was wondering about the 4 lvls favored soul. Is that personal preference? Will less favored soul for more sorc lvls work? Have been a fighter and monk player since the game launched but want to branch out. Do have access to bladeforged if that seems to be working better than warforged. As of this moment, not too concerned about end game survivability as it usually takes me quite a while to level a toon up (as in my toon I started at launch didn't hit 20 till last year). Not lots o play time. Will obviously welcome end game tips to be aware of for the time I do reach that point. Am mainly a solo player if that sways any advice.
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Samir_Bennal View Post
    How is the bladeforged working out?
    AWESOME!!!

More Charisma = more SP and more power.

Also it's +1 to all saves with the Pally levels (although you will be losing out on 1 reflex save since your Dex will be down by 2, so reflex evens out).

Quote Originally Posted by Samir_Bennal View Post
    Was wondering about the 4 lvls favored soul. Is that personal preference? Will less favored soul for more sorc lvls work?<SNIP> Am mainly a solo player if that sways any advice.
    4 Levels of FvS is what makes this particular build SHINE!!
    For End Game you won't be using many high level spells (in Shiradi) so the extra levels of Sorc are not necessary.
    Keep in mind that this is my personal preference, but it seems to be a popular one as I've seen this split more and more on Thelanis.

This build is perfect for Soloing - you'll rarely run out of Mana, can self heal, have great saves, and can kill just about everything.
    It does get harder to Solo once you get into the Vale and Shavarath since you're primarily focusing on Fire spells and there are many creatures that are resistant to fire (NOT IMMUNE) but it's still doable.

Devils and Orthons are immune, but almost everything else is just resistant.
    Thelanis

Alrighty then. Guess we'll give it a go. Will be nice to be bladeforge instead of halfling sorc.

Edit: Does being bladeforge alter the order you took on the classes?
    Last edited by Samir_Bennal; 01-11-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Question .... Once you made it to 20 and run around in Shiradi, do you keep your metamagics on at all times when casting?

For those of you still running the WF variety of this build, I'd like to show off my build.

It's centered around my play-style which makes heavy use of SLA's for large numbers of procs. I tend to have my MM set to "all off" and everything else maximized/empowered.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 28 Lawful Good Warforged Male
    (2 Paladin \ 14 Sorcerer \ 4 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 444
    Spell Points: 2582 
    BAB: 12\12\17\22
    Fortitude: 28
    Reflex: 21
    Will: 24

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             10                    16
    Dexterity            10                    16
    Constitution         18                    25
    Intelligence         14                    20
    Wisdom                6                    12
    Charisma             16                    28

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 6
    +3 Tome of Strength used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Charisma used at level 10
    +4 Tome of Strength used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Constitution used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Charisma used at level 14
    +5 Tome of Constitution used at level 18

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               0                    13
    Bluff                 3                    19
    Concentration         8                    41
    Diplomacy             3                    34
    Disable Device        n/a                  n/a
    Haggle                3                    19
    Heal                 -2                    11
    Hide                  0                    13
    Intimidate            3                    20
    Jump                  0                    13
    Listen               -2                    11
    Move Silently         0                    13
    Open Lock             n/a                  n/a
    Perform               n/a                  n/a
    Repair                4                    27
    Search                2                    16
    Spellcraft            6                    39
    Spot                 -2                    11
    Swim                  0                    13
    Tumble                1                    14
    Use Magic Device      4                    31

Level 1 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Artificer
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Bard
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Cleric
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Druid
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Favored Soul
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Ranger
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Rogue
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Sorcerer
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard

Level 2 (Sorcerer)

Level 3 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Completionist

Level 4 (Sorcerer)

Level 5 (Sorcerer)

Level 6 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell

Level 7 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Lord of Blades

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Arcane Initiate

Level 10 (Sorcerer)

Level 11 (Sorcerer)

Level 12 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 13 (Sorcerer)

Level 14 (Sorcerer)

Level 15 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness

Level 16 (Sorcerer)

Level 17 (Paladin)

Level 18 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness

Level 19 (Favored Soul)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Mental Toughness

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Heighten Spell

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Fire

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Dodge

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Hellball
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Font of Power (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Shield of Condemnation (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Smiting (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Eldritch Strike (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Spellsword: Flame (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Toughness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Toughness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Toughness (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Battlemage (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fire Savant (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fire Affinity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Greater Fire Affinity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Immolation (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Burning Hands (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Burning Hands (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Burning Hands (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire I (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Empower (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Empower (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Empower (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire II (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire III (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Scorch (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Scorch (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Scorch (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire IV (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fireball (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fireball (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fireball (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Awaken Elemental Weakness: Fire (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Power of Force (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3)
    General gear is blue scale with heavy fort, EE crystal scepter/impulse of kinetic lore, ring of deceit.

It's not built for top-level EE quests, but it easily holds its own. The main weakness of it is low PRR, but displacement and 13 dodge go a long way. I also tend to ETR shortly after hitting 28, so haven't really played around with it at its full power.

Twists are:
    4: Energy burst
    2: Unearthly reactions
    1: Cocoon/Perfect Balance

Community Member

Been playing a Shiradi toaster (Shiradi being my first ED) and it's awesome fun.

The challenge I hit is that I need to level other EDs as well, as I want twists. And those other EDs range from pure suck to average.

What are folks doing when they need to level other EDs? Which is 100% of the time now that I've capped Shiradi...

Thanks,
    Teran

Hi All - Been away for a few weeks. My mother-in-law and DDO Guild mate passed away a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting back on the Forums.

@Acaios

Toaster was never focused on PRR or AC. It's more about avoiding the damage all together. If you get hit - so be it - Recon and keep going.

While your idea has merit, Blue Slots are not the easiest to come by and it just isn't worth it to slot -15% ASF. I can see possibly taking the ASF from the WF/BF tree, but without a blue slot you're stuck on Mithril Body instead of Adamantine. Either way - a blue slot, 3AP, and a Feat seems an awful lot to invest in getting +12 PRR and a little AC.

I'm going to start playing with Twists from Divine Crusader to see what works an what doesn't, but more on that later.

@Sarzor

Interesting version. Doesn't fit my play style. Too much reliance on SLAs. As you may have noticed, I've dropped Max/Emp for Combat Casting and Mobile Spellcasting. It's not the most efficient, and I miss Max/Emp on Eldars and Niacs, but otherwise I like it much better than with Max/Emp.

@Teran

I'm trying to bang out Epic Completionist, so I'm in a similar boat as you are.

Run in whatever ED you are trying to bring up and use it's capabilities as best you can.

You will still rely on MM/FM/CM/SR for your killing. Fireball and DBFB will become more necessary. Run on EN/EH for faster completion times and XP. You're not worried about streaks or max XP per quest - you're more interested in XP per minute. Run in PUGs and groups that are farming XP because generally, grouping is faster XP than running solo.

Quests to run daily:
    EVoN 3 and 4 (group or solo)
    WizKing (group - 1-2 people per tower and you'll need someone to beat down the WizKing - you're basically worthless against him)
    LoD Chain (solo or group)
    Demonweb Chain (solo or group)
    House of Rusted Blades (Solo 5-6 minutes)
    Midler's Farmstead w/ all optionals (Solo - 10 minutes Group - 4-5 minutes)

If you haven't done them yet, do explorers in Epic areas...the XP builds quickly if you know where they all are. Run a major slayer pot while doing Explorers for the XP from slayers. Don't focus solely on slayers above 400.
    Thelanis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast