Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    How do you get sense weakness to be effective in draconic?
    Reality is...it's not...unless I'm running with my guild.

When running with my guild, there's always someone Blitzing, and there's always someone stunning or paralyzong, so I just blast away with MM/CM/FM to bring the mobs down to where the Blitzer can kill them. We blow through content that way and I use it to get XP to ETR.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    As Wizza already pointed out, they are for the chance to Crit with your spells.. You get 1% per Mental Toughness feat. It really is one of the cores of this build since you are trying to crit. as much as possible to keep your SP up.

OK - there's lots of different ways to do this depending on how you play while in your arcane sphere.

I play like a Fire Savant while in Arcane Spheres since I've already got the Fire Savant Gear. Because I'm using higher SP cost spells I twist in Endless Faith for the SP, Unearthly Reactions (T1 Magister - unless I'm IN Magister - then it's Perfect Reflexes), and Energy Burst (Unless I'm in Draconic - then it's sense weakness or Stormrage).
    Thx again!
    Cannith - Blutwurst / Knackwurst

Community Member

OK - so it has recently been brought to my attention that Max/Emp DO NOT affect Shiradi Procs any longer when the spell is cast as "Always Off" It does affect Procs when the spell is cast normally or in "Always On"

Since burning through spell points is not the point of this build I will be looking at the following feats to replace Max/Emp.

Choice #1
    Leave them as they are - they help FB and DBFB anyways.

Choice #2
    Dodge and Mobility for an additional 5% Dodge

Choice #3
    Combat Casting and Mobile Spellcasting for casting while running at normal speed rather than at half speed. (the need for this is effectively eliminated by jump-casting, but I figured I would try it.)

Choice #4
    Force of Personality for Charisma Modifier affecting Will Saves instead of Wisdom
    Insightful Reflexes for Int Modifier affecting Reflexes instead of Dexterity

I will run some testing and see which I like best. This will, of course, mean that I need to play with Enhancements again since I will not need Efficient Max. and Efficient Emp. I've already played with Dodge/Mobility and the extra 5% is helpful, but I'm not sure it's worth 2 feats.

Stay Tuned...
    So how does this affect the effectiveness of this build? I would think non-maxed/empowered Shiradi Procs would be a big loss, but you cant really leave them on all the time as the SP efficiency aspect of this build goes right out the window correct?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdmag View Post
    So how does this affect the effectiveness of this build? I would think non-maxed/empowered Shiradi Procs would be a big loss, but you cant really leave them on all the time as the SP efficiency aspect of this build goes right out the window correct?
    It doesn't - The build is just as effective without the max/emp procs...it just takes a tiny bit longer and one or two more casts to kill stuff.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Community Member

It doesn't - The build is just as effective without the max/emp procs...it just takes a tiny bit longer and one or two more casts to kill stuff.
    Interesting Did you make any changes or did you stick with emp/max for the DBF? Just Tr'd into your build for my static group, so we are all Bladforged and looking forward to the trip to 28 Thanks for the build, so far Im liking it. Using max/empower does use up the SP right now but Im sure I will see quite a difference once Im at 20 and can use Shiradi and switch them off.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdmag View Post
    Interesting Did you make any changes or did you stick with emp/max for the DBF? Just Tr'd into your build for my static group, so we are all Bladforged and looking forward to the trip to 28 Thanks for the build, so far Im liking it. Using max/empower does use up the SP right now but Im sure I will see quite a difference once Im at 20 and can use Shiradi and switch them off.

OK -so here's what I suggest.

Max/Emp are too good for leveling to just disregard. Once in Shiradi, they aren't especially helpful except for Fireball, Delayed Blast Fireball, Niac's Biting Cold, and Eldar's Electric Surge - which I use quite a bit while soloing.

HOWEVER...the increase of 225 Spell Power does cost you. It's an additional 40 Spell points per spell - or - 25 per spell after you've invested 12 AP into Efficient Max and Efficient Emp. For the FIRE spells, this is hardly worthwhile as you can simply cast 2 DBFBs or 3 FBs and get more damage. Additionally - many of the end-game EE MoBs evade or reflex for half damage - essentially killing the effectiveness of FB and DBFB.

For the Electric and Ice DoTs, this is not as easy to quantify as you are likely trying to do as much DPS as possible and the spells damage stacks...so here's where Max and Emp really shine. The problem is that you're spending 2 feats and 12 AP to use Max and Emp on two spells, so you have to decide what is best for you.

Currently I am still using Max/Emp, but I'm about to Epic Reincarnate again and I'm thinking about swapping them out. I've not yet determined what exactly I'm swapping them out for, but I may go for two Spell Focus Feats or I'm seriously considering dodge/mobility again (as I did in a previous build). I've got some other Ideas milling about so I'll let everyone know what I decide once I epic reincarnate again.
    Thelanis

Community Member

Default Questoin concerning gear specified

I am currently leveling up a Bladeforged to try this build out. In looking at the gear you have outlined, I have two questions - first, I don't see Feather Fall anywhere... Did I miss something? Secondly, what is the purpose of the Ring of Deceit? Is it the +20 Diplomacy?

Thanks in advance for your efforts on putting this together.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptEHCJ View Post
    I am currently leveling up a Bladeforged to try this build out. In looking at the gear you have outlined, I have two questions - first, I don't see Feather Fall anywhere... Did I miss something? Secondly, what is the purpose of the Ring of Deceit? Is it the +20 Diplomacy?

Thanks in advance for your efforts on putting this together.
    No Feather Fall - I have the spell slotted. (I hate feather fall - it's beyond annoying 99% of the time, so for me it's a nuisance and I cast it only when needed)

Ring of Deceit - It's not just the +20 Diplo - it's the 2 slots, +20 Perform (for sonic damage Shiradi procs) +20 Bluff (for grouping - melees hate that I get all the aggro and bluffing lets them grab some back) AND +8 Charisma (for when I'm using clickies on a necklace).

I'll also be re-working some of the gear since there's new gear out with U21 - most likely you'll see 2 Thunderforged caster sticks (Fire and Force) and I'll re-work the goggles and bracers to make this an even more deadly build.
    Thelanis

Founder

Default blade forged enhancements

now that you switched over to blade forged, did you change the number of pts in the racial enhancement tree? more specifically, is it worth spending 7 - 8 pts to get at least the first level of the reconstruct spell from there? at which point, you may need to take the -5 to failure chance in racial as well as you may have to pull from Eldritch Knight to get the pts in racial.

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    now that you switched over to blade forged, did you change the number of pts in the racial enhancement tree? more specifically, is it worth spending 7 - 8 pts to get at least the first level of the reconstruct spell from there? at which point, you may need to take the -5 to failure chance in racial as well as you may have to pull from Eldritch Knight to get the pts in racial.
    No - I do not find the Reconstruct SLA beneficial for the cost in Enhancement Points. This build's enhancements are tight as it is, and you need to spend a total of 11 AP in order to really benefit from it. - that's 7 more than I already spend in the tree and 5 less total spell power (3.5 if you pull from Eldritch Knight) than you'd have by spending it in any Savant tree
    Thelanis

Founder

No - I do not find the Reconstruct SLA beneficial for the cost in Enhancement Points. This build's enhancements are tight as it is, and you need to spend a total of 11 AP in order to really benefit from it. - that's 7 more than I already spend in the tree and 5 less total spell power (3.5 if you pull from Eldritch Knight) than you'd have by spending it in any Savant tree
    thank you for the quick reply. that was pretty much what I figured. as good as you have been showing changes you have made to the build along the way didn't think a fairly substantial revision to the enhancement points would have been skipped

but right off the boat at 15, I will probably take it for now until I hit 16 and pick it up as my first lvl 6 spell

thanks again, looking forward to my latest Sorcerer reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    but right off the boat at 15, I will probably take it for now until I hit 16 and pick it up as my first lvl 6 spell

thanks again, looking forward to my latest Sorcerer reincarnation
    That's the beauty of enhancements...all it costs is Platinum to change them around. If you don't like what you've done, just change them until you like your results.

One other thing to consider. In my final build there are no SLAs. They are extremely helpful for conserving Spell Points whilst leveling. Once you are fully into Shiradi (Level 20+) you can swap them out for more important enhancements that will increase your crit chance and spell power.
    Thelanis

I just played 1-28 with the Scorcher build https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...2-Fvs-Shiradi)

It was fun, and I enjoyed it. I just TR'd again today, into this build. I am going to have fun making my own personal comparison between the two. I appreciate you sharing the build idea, it's always enjoyable to try out other people's build concepts to see what's out there and how it plays in end game content. Kudos!
    Optymuz Prime - Chang Tsu

Quote Originally Posted by Turgar View Post
    I just played 1-28 with the Scorcher build https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...2-Fvs-Shiradi)

It was fun, and I enjoyed it. I just TR'd again today, into this build. I am going to have fun making my own personal comparison between the two. I appreciate you sharing the build idea, it's always enjoyable to try out other people's build concepts to see what's out there and how it plays in end game content. Kudos!

Let me know what you think, and please post any changes you make along the way. Personally, RL is taking priority over playing and I don't have much time to enjoy the new content.

For everyone following this post:

Thank you all for the thoughts, suggestions, and compliments regarding the Toaster of Vengeance. At this point in time I have very limited play time due to a RL situation with a family member and DDO guild mate. She is in a losing battle with cancer and the time I and my guild spend in game is mostly spent helping her with what she wants to do and assisting her goals. As you may have guessed, improving this build isn't very high on her priority list.

Please keep this build alive and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to answer any questions and see any further suggestions that crop up with the recent update.

~Snoman5878/Melkorr of Thelanis
    Thelanis

sorry to hear that, lad. i hope the best for her, and i wish there was a heal scroll available in RL
    Argo: Aldagor, Lenayaa, Ritsard, Blackbaron, Redfuryy, Asaske, Xyccon {Trolls Lair}

Thought I'd give everyone an update with what I've been playing with on this build...again.

I'm not playing as much due to the situation in the above post, but I've gotten an alt up to snuff to play with my guild mate so I can get back to E-TRing Melkorr...over...and over...and over... (OK - I'm only on my 5th E-TR now)

I've really gotten down to the nitty-gritty to make this even more survivable, but at the slim cost of DPS when using non-shiradi spells.

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING CHANGES ARE NOT MEANT FOR LEVELING FROM 1-20 THEY ARE MEANT FOR ETRs and LRs ONCE YOU HAVE SHIRADI AVAILABLE AND MOST, IF NOT ALL, OF YOUR END GAME GEAR.

This is a BLADEFORGED build.

Changes were needed to starting stats to accommodate the Feats I wanted to take.

Str - 8
    Dex - 10
    Con - 18
    Int - 14
    Wis - 6
    Cha - 18

Feats - Big changes here - no Max/Emp since they do not affect Shiradi procs any longer and the SP cost is not worth the damage output gained for Fireball, DBFB, Eldars, and Niac's. (I do miss Max/Emp when soloing against the Black Dragon/Giant in Tor). I've played with several different choices for feats and this is the one I finally settled on. It's a bit controversial and many will disagree since you can Jump-Cast to eliminate the need for Mobile Spellcasting, but I like it and if you don't want to go this route, by all means stick with the original build.

Heroic Feats
    Toughness
    Mental Toughness
    Improved Mental Toughness
    Quicken Spell
    Combat Casting
    Mobile Spellcasting
    Dodge

EPIC FEATS
    Epic Toughness
    Epic Mental Toughness
    Epic Spellpower: Fire
    Epic Spellpower: Force

Epic Charisma, Mobility, Hellball, or Ruin.

No Changes to Spells
    No Changes to Enhancements

TWISTS
    In Shiradi, EE
    Tier 4: Sense Weakness
    Tier 2: Flames of Purity (NEW! Divine Crusader +30 fire Spell Power)
    If I can get my second twist to T3, this will change to Empyrean Magic from Divine Crusader
    Tier 1: Unearthly Reactions

Any Destiny, EH
    Tier 4: Energy Burst
    Tier 2: Flames of Purity
    Tier 1: Unearthly Reactions.

There are several other Twists that I use situationally that will not be listed here.

GEAR

Many changes are coming due to the most recent update, but I have had very limited play time and have been working on Epic Past Lives - stay tuned for gear updates.
    Thelanis

another idea is to keep maximize (with 8 uses of free maximize) for boss fights. and take also adamantine body, in order to make a shadowscale docent with DR. in order to work, it needs 1 feat (adamantine body), 1 blue slot for -15% spell failure, 3AP in bladeforged` t1 inscribe armor (-15%) and EK core 2 (-5%), for the total 35%. and move potency to either halcyon boots or sage`s ring, or a 1handed thundeforged weapon with 17%crit to all elements.
    if you are on a safespot on an end fight, you could also swap docents (provided you already keep the same helm) and benefit from the +15 spellpower from blue set. that`s one good part of the sorc, in comparison to a WF/BF wiz/fvs/monk shiradi who would get uncentered in adamantine body.

interrogation (t1 from divine crusader) looked promising on wiki (while spamming chain missiles), but on live it says that it can stack at max 1 every 2 seconds per mob. but still it`s a nice t1 twist.

edit: in addition to the DR from shadowscale docent, adamantine body also gives prr equal to BAB. in this case +12 PRR
    Last edited by Acaios; 04-24-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    Argo: Aldagor, Lenayaa, Ritsard, Blackbaron, Redfuryy, Asaske, Xyccon {Trolls Lair}

For those of you still running the WF variety of this build, I'd like to show off my build.

It's centered around my play-style which makes heavy use of SLA's for large numbers of procs. I tend to have my MM set to "all off" and everything else maximized/empowered.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 28 Lawful Good Warforged Male
    (2 Paladin \ 14 Sorcerer \ 4 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 444
    Spell Points: 2582 
    BAB: 12\12\17\22
    Fortitude: 28
    Reflex: 21
    Will: 24

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             10                    16
    Dexterity            10                    16
    Constitution         18                    25
    Intelligence         14                    20
    Wisdom                6                    12
    Charisma             16                    28

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 6
    +3 Tome of Strength used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Charisma used at level 10
    +4 Tome of Strength used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Constitution used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Charisma used at level 14
    +5 Tome of Constitution used at level 18

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               0                    13
    Bluff                 3                    19
    Concentration         8                    41
    Diplomacy             3                    34
    Disable Device        n/a                  n/a
    Haggle                3                    19
    Heal                 -2                    11
    Hide                  0                    13
    Intimidate            3                    20
    Jump                  0                    13
    Listen               -2                    11
    Move Silently         0                    13
    Open Lock             n/a                  n/a
    Perform               n/a                  n/a
    Repair                4                    27
    Search                2                    16
    Spellcraft            6                    39
    Spot                 -2                    11
    Swim                  0                    13
    Tumble                1                    14
    Use Magic Device      4                    31

Level 1 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Artificer
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Bard
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Cleric
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Druid
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Favored Soul
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Ranger
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Rogue
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Sorcerer
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard

Level 2 (Sorcerer)

Level 3 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Completionist

Level 4 (Sorcerer)

Level 5 (Sorcerer)

Level 6 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell

Level 7 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Lord of Blades

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Arcane Initiate

Level 10 (Sorcerer)

Level 11 (Sorcerer)

Level 12 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 13 (Sorcerer)

Level 14 (Sorcerer)

Level 15 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness

Level 16 (Sorcerer)

Level 17 (Paladin)

Level 18 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness

Level 19 (Favored Soul)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Mental Toughness

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Heighten Spell

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Fire

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Dodge

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Hellball
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Font of Power (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Shield of Condemnation (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Smiting (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Eldritch Strike (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Spellsword: Flame (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Toughness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Toughness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Toughness (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Battlemage (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fire Savant (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fire Affinity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Greater Fire Affinity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Immolation (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Burning Hands (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Burning Hands (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Burning Hands (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire I (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Empower (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Empower (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Empower (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire II (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire III (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Scorch (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Scorch (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Scorch (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire IV (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fireball (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fireball (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fireball (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Awaken Elemental Weakness: Fire (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Power of Force (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3)
    General gear is blue scale with heavy fort, EE crystal scepter/impulse of kinetic lore, ring of deceit.

It's not built for top-level EE quests, but it easily holds its own. The main weakness of it is low PRR, but displacement and 13 dodge go a long way. I also tend to ETR shortly after hitting 28, so haven't really played around with it at its full power.

Twists are:
    4: Energy burst
    2: Unearthly reactions
    1: Cocoon/Perfect Balance

Community Member

Been playing a Shiradi toaster (Shiradi being my first ED) and it's awesome fun.

The challenge I hit is that I need to level other EDs as well, as I want twists. And those other EDs range from pure suck to average.

What are folks doing when they need to level other EDs? Which is 100% of the time now that I've capped Shiradi...

Thanks,
    Teran

Hi All - Been away for a few weeks. My mother-in-law and DDO Guild mate passed away a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting back on the Forums.

@Acaios

Toaster was never focused on PRR or AC. It's more about avoiding the damage all together. If you get hit - so be it - Recon and keep going.

While your idea has merit, Blue Slots are not the easiest to come by and it just isn't worth it to slot -15% ASF. I can see possibly taking the ASF from the WF/BF tree, but without a blue slot you're stuck on Mithril Body instead of Adamantine. Either way - a blue slot, 3AP, and a Feat seems an awful lot to invest in getting +12 PRR and a little AC.

I'm going to start playing with Twists from Divine Crusader to see what works an what doesn't, but more on that later.

@Sarzor

Interesting version. Doesn't fit my play style. Too much reliance on SLAs. As you may have noticed, I've dropped Max/Emp for Combat Casting and Mobile Spellcasting. It's not the most efficient, and I miss Max/Emp on Eldars and Niacs, but otherwise I like it much better than with Max/Emp.

@Teran

I'm trying to bang out Epic Completionist, so I'm in a similar boat as you are.

Run in whatever ED you are trying to bring up and use it's capabilities as best you can.

You will still rely on MM/FM/CM/SR for your killing. Fireball and DBFB will become more necessary. Run on EN/EH for faster completion times and XP. You're not worried about streaks or max XP per quest - you're more interested in XP per minute. Run in PUGs and groups that are farming XP because generally, grouping is faster XP than running solo.

Quests to run daily:
    EVoN 3 and 4 (group or solo)
    WizKing (group - 1-2 people per tower and you'll need someone to beat down the WizKing - you're basically worthless against him)
    LoD Chain (solo or group)
    Demonweb Chain (solo or group)
    House of Rusted Blades (Solo 5-6 minutes)
    Midler's Farmstead w/ all optionals (Solo - 10 minutes Group - 4-5 minutes)

If you haven't done them yet, do explorers in Epic areas...the XP builds quickly if you know where they all are. Run a major slayer pot while doing Explorers for the XP from slayers. Don't focus solely on slayers above 400.
    Thelanis

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast