Default I jinxed mabar :(

So all this time I couldn't figure out why people were complaining so much... And today I run mabar 26-28 for the first time. Obviously it exploded and I can't even log in back in the game now, it's stuck on the loading screen saying 'cleaning up old connection'. Better clean it up real good haha

I guess due to being crashed out I won't be getting my key back either, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Nnope.

There's a workaround for "old connections" though - log onto a character, any character, on any other server, then restart the game again. Or it should go away on its own in about 20-30 minutes.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Lag is terrible in the 26+ range. I’m very frustrated with my high level toons. 12 runs- two successful. I’m tired of mabar.

In other levels the lag is not terrible. My Tr-ed main have got 2 signets in three runs. But with my high level toons is impossible.

Very, very frustrating.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    So all this time I couldn't figure out why people were complaining so much... And today I run mabar 26-28 for the first time. Obviously it exploded and I can't even log in back in the game now, it's stuck on the loading screen saying 'cleaning up old connection'. Better clean it up real good haha

Everyone whos bragging about how they have not been affected by Mabar Lag will feel it at some point. Its just a matter of time, as it was in the previous years.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

I've been in 4 successful dragon fights and several lag induced failures. Even though I get a message stating my key has been returned, I have yet to get one back. It just doesn't even appear anywhere in my back pakc. Fortunately, I still have 15 left over from previous Mabar events.

@Kinggartk: check your red bags. the keys are collectibles. I've definitely had some returned.

I had a brand new method of Mabar fail just now. I did a standard log in and check what dragon is (usually I get 9K or the timer.... horrible luck) and it was like 200. Whoohoo I thought, I'm in.

Doors open up, go in, everything's looking fine. Very off peak, so I was hoping lag would be minimal.

After about 5 minutes, client quits out of the blue. No idea what happened, no crash notice or anything, window just gone.

Log back in immediately, and I'm in a totally empty dragon.

I can really use the +5 tomes, but this aggravation is insane..... I probably don't have the will power to simply quit trying for them. Wish they would just pull the plug until they figure out a better way of doing it.

(For one, the timers all linked to each other seems nuts and seems like it has to add lag. Why not instead have the first person in an instance starts the 10 minute timer, and when that one hits 30 people or so, the next guy creates a new instance with a fresh 10 minute timer....)
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Community Member

How to simulate a Mabar dragon fight:

1) Throw ethereal key away

2) Type /death

*** I would like to point out that despite my complain, I managed to log back in after posting (ty for the advice!) and so did most of our party. Somehow the instance was still up and the altars safe and we managed to kill the !@#$%^ AND I got my third signet which translated into a +5 constitution tome ***

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    How to simulate a Mabar dragon fight:

1) Throw ethereal key away

2) Type /death

LMAO. This is sig-worthy. Good on ya Katie!
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood