2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Default No rage give every character a Signet per day and suspend this until you can fix it

There's no two ways about it... no exaggeration about 8 out or 10 summoning chamber spawns is a lag lockup, We've done it every way...

Hold off til last second and enter with a full raid party getting the most empty instance is the only consistent way to succeed, but in that case you need a good raid party that can solo levers and even solo Altars because you will get one guy who drops or didn't have a key or otherwise leaves you short. (also make sure you are all in the level range, or some of you will end up in a higher or lower level instance)

How to fail:
    Mass invis on Altars confirmed 1 Arcane in each altar in party voice: still fail
    Spam AOE's still fail
    Not spam AOE's still fail
    No pets no summons still fail
    Only one person allowed to AOE altar still fail

It's server side resource usage related lag for sure. Purely a numbers game.

Ways to succeed:
    1) Spam mass healing/cures on altar with everyone pressing attack and "playing through the lag" as though everything you're doing is working (even though you aren't seeing results) occasionally like 20% succeeds.
    2) Get lucky and you don't get any leg in the instance you joined now all you need to do is "not suck"
    3) Holding off with a good raid party and going in late so you get an nearly empty instance.
    4) play at 4am EST when Turbines servers are least loaded.

On technique 1) this is exactly like old Shroud lag, where even though you aren't seeing the green numbers you still spam masses, because you know the server is getting them, it's just not reporting it back to you. If you lag you can self heal still as long as your client shows you a casting animation. Only cast a normal amount (like 1 firewall at your feet and then hit your Necro blast, and refresh your Aura, or one BB and then mass cure critical, followed by mass cure serious) make sure they are quickened so you don't get an interupt you can't see!. You can't see your AOE but it's there and it's killing stuff and drawing aggro off your Altar, so just "trust in the shroud" and heal through dropping the occasional AOE... the times this doesn't work I suspect are more because most people throw their hands up and give up when they can't move or see red/green numbers... Just pretend they happened and don't stop spamming cures until you see "the Dragon is slain" or "your key has been returned" Basically pretend you're are blind, or a veteran of shroud lag days

Mabar: lag spam like that guy you know
    Last edited by IronClan; 10-27-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    *Disclaimer: All statements are generalized without boging down in minutia. Assuming that there are ALWAYS exceptions that test the rule, variations, and un-stated details may be omitted for brevity. These can be assumed to be understood; without bloating my posts with preemptive coverass. [*] Seal[*] Scroll[*] Shard[*] Base Item - eSoS >200 runs

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

/signed
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

ive succeeded as much as i have failed. takes about 3 hours to get the doors to open. ive died 3x now and didn't get my key back. one was paid for in TP. at this point, i think some kind of re-imbursement for our troubles trying to battle both dragons, Lag Monster and Spectral Dragon. because the event is here for a limited time and +5 tomes aren't exactly easy to get, people are really trying to fight through the lag but more and more people are not doing it because of the lag making it harder to get those doors open sooner.

to be honest, a key wouldn't suffice for all of this. Mabar is the only thing ive been doing for all of my characters since Saturday so i can get tomes for all of them. only my main has one now. i think a signet for everyone is fair. i would say a signet for just those that participated and failed, but im sure that would be a nightmare to track just as much as finding dupers for the exploit. the lag really is horrendous and unplayable during the dragon fight. people are trying to have fun with this event and want a nice shiny, but its damn near impossible.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Got one finally on my heroic level PM, deliberately waited about 4 minutes, so there would be SOME people still entering.,.. we had ideal 3-ish people per altar and 1-2 per lever... common thread is smaller numbers in the instance = No lag but chance of failing due to not having enough people to defend the altars...

Speaking of which I have solo'ed an altar, anyone that's self healing and has 1 persistent AOE that gets aggro off the altar cshould be able to defend an altar by themselves. Took me forvever to beat the dragon down enough to get him to move to another chamber and that whole time chat was spamming "whats happening where's the damn dragon!?" but I was a little busy to chat anyway he went away only to return for his end fight with me. I called out "alone in SE, solo, just faught off dragon, someone extra on a lever come help" Felt like the hero, about half way through his last 10% of health an Arti comes in blazing and we finished him off...

God I wish I had a Video of that, felt epic.
    *Disclaimer: All statements are generalized without boging down in minutia. Assuming that there are ALWAYS exceptions that test the rule, variations, and un-stated details may be omitted for brevity. These can be assumed to be understood; without bloating my posts with preemptive coverass. [*] Seal[*] Scroll[*] Shard[*] Base Item - eSoS >200 runs

Community Member

Default yup

75% thats my lagfail rate on mabar.

Just giving signets to the characters that lagfailed doesnt cut it because i wasnt about to log my(many) other characters and waste more time with an abysmal 25% chance of being able to move.

I could easily get a few signets per day using multiple toons if mabar worked worth a ****.

My plan was to farm some neg lvl augments with multiple characters, so much for that idea.

Frustrating.

Community Member

I have had

4 successes
    3 lag induced failures
    2 lost keys when I lagged at the entrance

Im not happy.
    Wherever you went - here you are.

I would love some of the augments, but my play time is not unlimited.

After the first day, I've not bothered to go back - not worth the potential / likely frustration.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

I really wish that this was set up differently. I enjoy mabar , but am frustrated by the number of times a dragon comes up, and the lag that really screws up this event. And that is playing during what is considered offpeak times(ie non USA peak times). Please could Turbine fix this event lag which seems worse this year than ever, and poosibly speed up the opening of the chamber during quiet periods?
    TYRS PALADIUM......Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Ranger/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monk/Hesteban fvs /Skummspawn cleric /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts rogue /Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster ftr/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner warlock

Community Member

Default more of the same

Yep same here. Lost keys and lost fights due to lag. Feels just like the old Shroud lag. I had forgotten about that.

It absolutely amazes me that you people know what a laggy joke this event is, yet you're still running it. Way to show 'em, folks. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehairguy View Post
    It absolutely amazes me that you people know what a laggy joke this event is, yet you're still running it. Way to show 'em, folks. Really.
    If you decide to quit then the people who don't quit profit too much .