Default Mortal Voyage vs. Velah

After being part of Mortal Voyage for a few years now we finally organized and flagged 12 characters to attempt VoN 5 and 6.

We easily completed VoN 5 on hard without a scratch in a little over two hours. Most players had only been in the quest once or twice.

Without spoilers 12 brave Mortals proceeded to VoN 6. . . .

About 10 minutes later we successfully took down the three pillars simultaneously, lost one character, and moved in to face Velah with the remaining 11 Mortals.

Well, facing Velah for the first time (even on heroic hard) for 11 Mortals was a learning experience.

We learned a lot, suffered 6 additional deaths, and was forced to retreat.

Congratulations to the Mortals for taking on the challenge.

The guild is very excited to try again as soon as we have replacement characters ready.

Velah . . . Mortals are coming for you. :-)

Screenshots:

Before VoN 5: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/na6v9hbkx3xz0t9/wjM9eYjlAF/0

After Von 5: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/na6v9hbkx3xz0t9/N7RJe2xTsS/1

After retreating: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/na6v9hbkx3xz0t9/LmnC7sVA0W/2
    Last edited by JayChuck; 10-27-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Our fallen comrades will be avenged.
    O, I C.

Community Member

That was pretty much the first time I have attempted Von 5-6... and even though Velah killed my 11 ranger at the end , it was still an awesome run. very Fun! now time to re-roll

First time I've ever stepped foot into Von 5 or 6.

Proud to say that is my soulstone right on Velah's snout in the last pic. When you're a mortal, you know you're going out sometime. Can't think of many better places to do it.
    Not for everyone. But if you're looking for a fresh experience with a slower pace and tactical play, come check us out at www.mortalvoyage.us You might just like what you see...

I had never done VON 5 or 6 prior to this past weekend.

Even though I lost my highest ever MV PD toon in this quest, it was worth it.

Now on to getting another toon flagged!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    You know that there's a "walk" key, right?
    The only reason I don't use it more is because the walking animations, whatever race you are, look like you've got a rod up your rear. (could work for a Paladin, though )

Congrats to Mortal Voyage!

Have heart folks; Von6 can be rough at level.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Keep at it.

Vellah can be tougher on heroic than on epic, because healers dont have mass cures and heals they can spam in heroic.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

It was very much a 'first run'.

Possibly partly because we had been crushing everything so hard until Velah (of course, right?), but mostly simply because we don't spoil, and most of us had no idea what was coming, there was very little cohesion going into the last fight. Our normal approach of getting close, observing, and then making a plan didn't work, as all hell had broken loose by then.

If there's any takeaways, I think one of the biggest is that we're going to need a plan going into the last fight earlier...which is going to be hard without breaking the 'no spoiling' rule.
    Not for everyone. But if you're looking for a fresh experience with a slower pace and tactical play, come check us out at www.mortalvoyage.us You might just like what you see...