Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Question Festival Solar Weapons Fixes Icy Burst ML?

    My ML:10 smiting repeater is now ML:12 because of last year's Icyburst.

    AS the Mabar solar festival effect removes other festival effects, when applied, does that mean I'll my repeater will go back to ML:10?

  2. #2
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    As I have little hope that a dev will answer, how's about you try it and find out, and let us know?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

  3. #3
    Community Member FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,564

    Default

    I think since the very old ones aren't labelled as "festival icy burst" but ended up being an additional standard effect, you'll probably end up with the same ML but also having 1d4 light damage on them too.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

  4. #4
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    I think because the old ones are messed up, you will waste a signet, and not even get the solar effect to your weapon.

  5. #5
    Community Member IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I think because the old ones are messed up, you will waste a signet, and not even get the solar effect to your weapon.
    On the contrary because Solar is not a frost effect I believe the Solor will treat an old Icy bursted weapon that is missing the "festival" tag as an ordinary random weapon so your ML4 that turned into an ML6 or 8

    Frost
    Shock
    Pure Good

    Will now read
    Festival Solar
    Frost
    Shock
    Pure Good

    I aim to check this out with at least one of my left over ruined first year weapons... wont turn it back into a perfect Vet 4 status twink weapon, but it will turn it into a just about perfect Vet 7 Status Weapon... actually making up for the Dev's ruining all the first year of Risia with that thoughtless and seemingly pointless change.

    It's funny they can update Deception on new loot and leave RAID LOOT with that affix unaffected, when letting it upgrade the raid loot would have helped keep the raid loot from becoming obsolete, but they can not update new loot and leave old random loot uneffected when doing so would have helped keep old loot from becoming obsolete... Seems like whatever would benefit the players is NOT possible and whatever screws the players who already have invested play time, can not be avoided.

  6. #6
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    My ML:10 smiting repeater is now ML:12 because of last year's Icyburst.

    AS the Mabar solar festival effect removes other festival effects, when applied, does that mean I'll my repeater will go back to ML:10?
    No it just added the solar to the weapon and the level stays the same.


  7. #7
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    I think since the very old ones aren't labelled as "festival icy burst" but ended up being an additional standard effect, you'll probably end up with the same ML but also having 1d4 light damage on them too.
    As I did my repeater last year, I wouldn't know about the old ones.

  8. #8
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Well that is good to know, I was expecting it to mistake it for being crafted and just eat the Signal, so it does work! Nifty!

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Well that is good to know, I was expecting it to mistake it for being crafted and just eat the Signal, so it does work! Nifty!
    patch Tuesday :/

  10. #10
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    No it just added the solar to the weapon and the level stays the same.

    If that weapon has a +6 potential, why is it ML:18?

  11. #11
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    If that weapon has a +6 potential, why is it ML:18?
    It isn't? It's ML 10.

  12. #12
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    My bad. I was reading the UMD.

    My original question referred to a weapon who's ML was artificially inflated by a festival Icy Burst. e.g. A +1 smiting/disrupting/banishing/vorpal weapon that was previously an ML:10 but U19 bumped it to ML:12 because of last year's icy burst.

    Will the deletion of the icy burst reset the ML?

    I'll try if I can get the signet, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload