Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Default So will U20 have a 'Sorry for Mabar not working as intended box' as well?

Yes this is just another Mabar thread, feel free to skip to something interesting.

Today's (Sunday) adventures in attempting to kill the Spectral Dragon:

Attempt 1: Succeeds - Wooohoooo!

Attempt 2: Fails - well to tell the truth the turn in counter reset to 10k instead of opening the doors like it should have so I am counting that as a fail.

Attempt 3: Fails - Not enough people, oh well it happens (but should it? Mechanics for this were never the best thought out IMHO).

Attempt 4: Fails - As soon as the first set of mobs appears they are led by a boss level lag monster who not only managers to take out an alter but even after we get the failure message many people end up dead. And to top it off I didn't get my key back.

I am not one of those people who complain about lag. In fact I am one of the lucky few who almost never encounters it (mid 20's ms with 0% packet loss on a good quality machine). Prior Mabar (and other) events I have not run into issues, however this time its different. I have had more than one adventure just freeze up and eventually dump me (and the rest of the party) out of the game during this weekend.

XP bonus weekend is nice but so far this weekend it actually has not made up for the adventures that were lost.

Oh well, its the thought that counts????
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

Community Member

Yes it will. It is only Lama land right now. Get to pick one item from the event as long as you lag failed the dragon once. Items are BTC.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Nope.

You still will get the "The" screen instead.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    Yes it will. It is only Lama land right now. Get to pick one item from the event as long as you lag failed the dragon once. Items are BTC.
    For real?
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TBot1234 View Post
    For real?
    Yes, also, I am selling real life djinni that grants wishes.
    Send me a PM. You sounds like a nice guy and I am willing to drop the price for you and perhaps even not bill you for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Yes, also, I am selling real life djinni that grants wishes.
    Send me a PM. You sounds like a nice guy and I am willing to drop the price for you and perhaps even not bill you for shipping.
    Sold. Shipping all the way out here is pretty expensive! (Wait, are those corrupt-a-wishes? hmmmm...)

"So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Quote Originally Posted by TBot1234 View Post
    Sold. Shipping all the way out here is pretty expensive! (Wait, are those corrupt-a-wishes? hmmmm...)

lol, got a nice deal on some gold bricks here. Why, you could pave a whole road with them...
    There is no free lunch.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Lesser Mabar compensation box, containing the following:
    • Stone of experience (666,000).
    • +5 tome of your choice.
    • One festival augment of your choice.

Mabar compensation box, containing the following:
    • +5 tome of your choice.
    • 11 signets of night.
    • 11 spectral dragon scales.
    • Pumpkin hat or spider hat.
    • Clicky that can summon mabar traders.
    • 10,000 motes of night.
    • Stone of experience (1,500,000)
    • Your choice: a wraith companion or 66 astral shards.

Lesser only 1,666TP, Greater only 3k TP.

Soon in DDO Store!!1!
    Last edited by Vellrad; 10-29-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: forgotten about [/list]

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

It will contain a large number of motes signets and spectral dragon scales but since the vendor will be gone you won't be able to use any of them until next year.

I play in US prime time. I work 9-6 Eastern time. I can only run this in primetime.

Not only is Mabar completely un-playable in these hours but it fouls up the rest of the game as well. I'm sorry, this should have been stopped on day 1 and not brought back until it didn't cripple the servers.

We apologize that <String Table Error; TableDID> was not working as intended. Please accept this gift of <String Table Error; TableDID> as compensation for the time you spent.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I play in US prime time. I work 9-6 Eastern time. I can only run this in primetime.

Not only is Mabar completely un-playable in these hours but it fouls up the rest of the game as well. I'm sorry, this should have been stopped on day 1 and not brought back until it didn't cripple the servers.
    I am pretty sure this is a post from the first year of Mabar 6 years ago, because there is no way that turbine could possibly keep running an event for 6 years and not have at least fixed some of the most basic problems with it. T
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)