Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Remuneration for Mabar

You know I think it' great that they recognized that the Mabar event is so laggy that if you fail you don't lose a key. However what do I get for my wasted time? I'm not just talking about zoning in to the Alars, waiting 10 minutes and standing around then lagging for about 5 minutes straight, failing and getting booted. I'm talking all the wasted time gathering 10k motes.

I don't really need/want anything except the +5 tome per character. So I waste a fair amount of time helping to open the door then lagging out. Yesterday was particularly outrageous. There was a ton of lag in the wilderness area freezing people for a minute or two at a time. Then when the counter came down to about 200 motes and everyone was waiting outside the door we all froze. So we're all just standing there and the good old red latency icon pops up. Luckily no one DC'd, but it lasted about 4 minutes.

Then we jump in and no lag while altars are prepped, areas assigned and all that fun stuff. Timer counts down and right when the dragon enters everyone freezes. I didn't even get time to pull a lever once. We just all froze and it stayed that way. Most of us died and of course the altar failed. All without being to move for even one second while in the instance.

Now tell me that isn't a waste of my time? I even sent in a ticket and you know what I got? Some canned response saying the engineers are working on figuring out lag, but that can't fix all instances of lag at all times because there are so many different times it can happen. I.e. a generic response as if I was talking about running through the market with lag on any random day even though I was talking about a specific incident.

So my suggestion? I'm thinking one of two things:
    1) Anyone who fails a dragon run due to lag send a ticket. Upon receipt of the ticket they quickly review to make sure you were in an instance with the dragon. I doubt they confirm the lag. Then send a spectral scale and a Signet to the character's mailbox. There now my time is compensated for. I mean who at lvls 20+ are failing a dragon run without lag? It's not happening. I'd even give lower level groups the benefit of the doubt.

or

2) Bring back the good old birthday cake, rebrand it an apology cake and have one given out per account (I think per character would be too much) and give a choice of one of the +5 tomes or Augments. It woudl at least be something.

I'm just tired of wasting my time and being disappointed with nothing to show for it. It woudl be one thing if it was a challenge with no lag and we failed because of poor tactics, builds, gear, whatever. Then you can at least strive to be better. But no one can build or prepare against lag. Not being able to move at all is just annoying and a waste.

Community Member

LOL remuneration.

Stop going in at 26-30 is my only advice. I've done 20-25 and not had any lag, any time I've been in a dragon.

If you're going to use words you don't know, look up how to spell them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    LOL remuneration.

Stop going in at 26-30 is my only advice. I've done 20-25 and not had any lag, any time I've been in a dragon.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/remuneration

re·mu·ner·a·tion
    noun \ri-?myü-n?-?r?-sh?n\

: an amount of money paid to someone for the work that person has done

Spelling nazi fail.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/remuneration

re·mu·ner·a·tion
    noun \ri-?myü-n?-?r?-sh?n\

: an amount of money paid to someone for the work that person has done

Spelling nazi fail.
    Yeah, pretty much.

I'm still not seeing the lag in 20-25, I'm wondering if it's not specific to levels. I only have four trials on my account, however.

Hero

LOL remuneration.

Since you didn't look it up, I'll do it.

re·mu·ner·a·tion
    ri?myo?on??r?SH?n/
    noun
    noun: remuneration;?plural noun: remunerations

money paid for work or a service.
    He spelled it right and used it in the right context.

*edit, ninja'ed*

Hial spelling!
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

LOL remuneration.Stop going in at 26-30 is my only advice. I've done 20-25 and not had any lag, any time I've been in a dragon.If you're going to use words you don't know, look up how to spell them.
    you just baked a cake, fail cake. Not mabar cake fail but righ tup there.

Was in a 20-25 instance yesterday on Thelanis and after the dragon a minute after the dragon appeared we lag froze .....alter destroyed ........fail. So not an instance thing.
    "Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not." -- George Bernard Shaw

Stop going in at 26-30 is my only advice. I've done 20-25 and not had any lag,
    Nope! Did it on my level 21 - total freeze
    Did it on my level 11 - you guessed it! Total freeze.

Community Member

LOL remuneration.

I've only done the 20-25 tier and I was able to complete it once when it first launched for the event. Every other time it was exactly as the OP stated. Frozen when the dragon starts, death and failure due to the alter being destroyed. Great for you if you haven't had that but it doesn't seem to be the normal experience for many. I've now given up until they fix it.

OMG, an online game that I play to waste time wasted my time. I deserve to get stuff.

I would like cash, tell me where to send my bank account number.

If you can't send cash, I would like a sailboat.

TY.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    OMG, an online game that I play to waste time wasted my time. I deserve to get stuff.

I would like cash, tell me where to send my bank account number.

If you can't send cash, I would like a sailboat.

TY.
    PM me your bank account number. Also please include the routing number, your social security number, your birthdate, your full name, a sample of your DNA, and your firstborn child.

I am sure if you asked memnir he would get you a sailboat.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

How about some reparations for all the people who WERENT playing Mabar, but still wasted time getting lag-wiped at the end of Shroud or something because the dragon unlocked right then and the whole server froze up?

I want my forty hexes and an owlbear

Community Member

Wow reading is tough. I don't really see where in option 1 or option 2 I asked for money. That would be unrealistic.

What I have asked for though is something for my time spent. I kind of feel like I have a right to ask as I've spent a fair amount of money on the game. If I hadn't, and I was using it only as F2P, then I'd feel like I got what I paid for. I mean you can't expect much for free. When you pay though and the product isn't working it's certainly our right to speak up and ask for it to get better and/or ask for something in return. (Note: I am not asking for my money back.)

As for how I waste my time. Well that's up to me to decide isn't it? In fact everything anyone does is a waste of time since you can't get it back. So how you chose to spend your time may seem a waste to others, but it's you decision how it is spent. So when I waste my time playing a game I'm at least getting some enjoyment from it. There is no enjoyment being frozen in lag. I mean I like to go to Red Sox games. I go about a dozen times a year. Sometimes I get my tickets in advance, but sometimes I roll the dice and go wait in line to buy the day of. Say I wait in line for hours, buy my tickets, hand them my money and then get inside and nothing happens. They don''t tell us they're not going to play. You just sit there for a while then they tell you to leave. Now realistically that can happen with rain delays and cancellations, but I still keep my ticket. It's just rescheduled and I don't have to wait in line to get it again as I already have it. Make sense?

OK so maybe option #1 and #2 aren't the best. How about GMs being able to reset the instance right away after a lag fail without having to wait another 10k motes?

Also I was in level range 20-25 when it happened. That's the character I want the tome for.

To the second poster in my thread. Get a dictionary and relax.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    Wow reading is tough. I don't really see where in option 1 or option 2 I asked for money. That would be unrealistic.

What I have asked for though is something for my time spent. I kind of feel like I have a right to ask as I've spent a fair amount of money on the game. If I hadn't, and I was using it only as F2P, then I'd feel like I got what I paid for. I mean you can't expect much for free. When you pay though and the product isn't working it's certainly our right to speak up and ask for it to get better and/or ask for something in return. (Note: I am not asking for my money back.)

As for how I waste my time. Well that's up to me to decide isn't it? In fact everything anyone does is a waste of time since you can't get it back. So how you chose to spend your time may seem a waste to others, but it's you decision how it is spent. So when I waste my time playing a game I'm at least getting some enjoyment from it. There is no enjoyment being frozen in lag. I mean I like to go to Red Sox games. I go about a dozen times a year. Sometimes I get my tickets in advance, but sometimes I roll the dice and go wait in line to buy the day of. Say I wait in line for hours, buy my tickets, hand them my money and then get inside and nothing happens. They don''t tell us they're not going to play. You just sit there for a while then they tell you to leave. Now realistically that can happen with rain delays and cancellations, but I still keep my ticket. It's just rescheduled and I don't have to wait in line to get it again as I already have it. Make sense?

OK so maybe option #1 and #2 aren't the best. How about GMs being able to reset the instance right away after a lag fail without having to wait another 10k motes?

Also I was in level range 20-25 when it happened. That's the character I want the tome for.

To the second poster in my thread. Get a dictionary and relax.

Rumble, while I can't boost rep right now, I want you to know, you're my hero for today! lol I agree fully. Especially with the last line

+5 tome for all participant charcters in with their raiders reward box. I hate to seem like I've come cap in hand, but ive been playing for five hours today, seen three dragons, one in 20 25, two in 25 - 30 and failed all due to lag.

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    How about GMs being able to reset the instance right away after a lag fail without having to wait another 10k motes?
    While this is a slightly better idea, I'm going to go with "no". You know lag fail is a risk going in. Do it or don't. You made the choice, live with the possible outcomes.

While lag is certainly frustrating, expecting compensation for sometimes lagging in content you don't have to pay a dime for is silly.

If mabar lag is such a big deal to you, avoid the area and/or take a break for a month or so.
    Cannith: Capricorpus (triple all heroic/iconic/epic past lives, no stones) / Capiorcorpus / Capicorpus / Capricopus / Iconless the Hero

Community Member

An extra twenty inventory / character bank slots would make everything better.

P.S.: This applies to almost all game issues at almost all times. Feel free to make it fourty or sixty; we can stand the love.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Just give 5 signets to every toon and we're cool.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast